You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RagingxMarmoset

Is there an issue with aiming?

77 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,487 battles

I started to really take notice today that shots aimed at the waterline are falling way short. It’s probably confirmation bias or just lousy RNG, but it definitely feels off. 

• Cool 7

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,316 battles

I have noticed the same thing, and have heard others mention it, as well.  My aim is fine, but a salvo will occasionally, inexplicably fall short of the target, even at 'can't miss' ranges.  I don't know what's going on, and don't think I have seen this phenomenon prior to 0.9.0.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 2

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles
4 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

I started to really take notice today that shots aimed at the waterline are falling way short. It’s probably confirmation bias or just lousy RNG, but it definitely feels off. 

The damn scope serves no purpose. Shots dont go where you aim, rather you have to aim above wher you want your shells to go. This has been the case for a while.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles
Just now, monpetitloup said:

The damn scope serves no purpose. Shots dont go where you aim, rather you have to aim above wher you want your shells to go. This has been the case for a while.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TAB-]
Members
8 posts
5,061 battles

Last day or two I've noticed the same thing. What I was sure was going to be a juicy hit, all shells fell short. Few teammates in the div had same problem, and watching some live streams you could see it happening as well. 

Seemed to be random, as other volleys landed as expected, but can't duplicate it on demand.  Definitely not just RNG dispersion problems. 

Edited by TheShineyOne

[TBW]
Members
10,278 posts
17,457 battles

Yup aiming above the waterline lately because too many full salvos fall short.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,487 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Yup aiming above the waterline lately because too many full salvos fall short.

I played a coop match a bit ago to test it out and that’s what I had to do. Aim about mid hull for waterline hits. Weird. 

[HATE]
Members
1,056 posts
15,839 battles
53 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

We were talking about this the other day. I am sure they did mess with the aiming as I know that there have been a few times in which correctly aimed shots all went into the water. @Femennenly can you advise?

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,897 battles

I've noticed it. Someone in my clan told me it's a known bug that WG is tracking...

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

First of all I have to ask are you using Aiming Mod? And What ships are you using?

[RLGN]
Members
14,265 posts
25,099 battles
9 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

First of all I have to ask are you using Aiming Mod? And What ships are you using?

No. And pretty much everything, but Des Moines and Harugumo most recently.

Been going on for several weeks now, maybe longer.

[REVY]
Members
2,275 posts
12,229 battles

I've noticed differences in aiming depending on which nation you are sailing for, but haven't noted any waterline aiming issues, other then the usual RNG.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

No. And pretty much everything, but Des Moines and Harugumo most recently.

Been going on for several weeks now, maybe longer.

I have had guns have incidents in the past where it was almost as if a ship suddenly had a forcefield around them casing all my shells to arc away, sometimes in a spectacular umbrella like manner. 

And if pretty much everything is having the RNG issues that would explain my most recent Graf Spee battles where despite the Aiming Mod, my shells have been failing unusually often compared to in the past. And I have played like 250 Random Graf Spee battles plus who knows how many Scenario battles with it, so I know Graf Spee well. And used to run 60% WR in her except recently it has dove below 50% and can’t seem to raise it back up in these recent weeks. I had thought it might be something I have been doing wrong, but on one of my most used ships that I long did well in RNG issues could certainly be the issue.

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,686 battles

Although most stuff like this on the forums is just confirmation bias, this one is real. Just dumps shells into the water if you aim a little above waterline. 

[BNKR]
Members
1,624 posts
2,487 battles
25 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Vanilla client, noticed across numerous ships and types. 

[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

I wondered what was going on.

Play lots of Operations and salvos are consistently short with pretty much all my ships since last patch...Pensacola, Yorck, Algerie, Graf Spee, Hood...have not changed point of aim since last patch.

Hmm.... thought WG just wanted us out of Ops/CO-OP.

No mods, Vanilla client

[TDRB]
Members
5,120 posts
13,731 battles

Too many people have stated the same thing to reasonably dismiss this phenomenon as confirmation bias.

I'm not sure what has changed. It very well could be an unintentional consequence.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

I have noticed the same thing, and have heard others mention it, as well.  My aim is fine, but a salvo will occasionally, inexplicably fall short of the target, even at 'can't miss' ranges.  I don't know what's going on, and don't think I have seen this phenomenon prior to 0.9.0.

I have been experiencing this for quite awhile and that it is mostly lousy RNG. You can aim at the waterline at long range but from medium on down I found that aiming a tad high improves the results, more hits into the superstructure but fewer into the water.

[BS]
Members
1,978 posts
10,778 battles

Flamu has clipped this on his channel multiple times.

Riddle me this, if they don't toy with stuff, why do bugs like this randomly happen? Remember the citadel bug? Remember the Steering bug? Remember the manual lock on bug? None of those things should've been caused by what they were doing with the patch. They were all random out of no where kind of bugs.

They mess with stuff and it's their right not to tell anyone about it, the bugs are proof.

EJ

• Cool 3

[WOLFC]
Members
2,865 posts
16,247 battles

I experienced this and another problem for the past several patches or longer.  Anyone else notice this other issue?

It used to be I could aim at a ship, fire, right mouse click to look around, and return to fire again ... now, after returning, I usually find I'm aiming below the ship.  It's not a random occurrence, it's consistent.

I can remain in RMC and continue firing and usually hitting with no issue ... but if I return, the aim is always off.  Am I remembering how it used to be incorrectly?

• Cool 1