You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

British Heavy Cruisers: Ships History

9 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,540 posts
13,906 battles

Six British heavy cruisers are ready to join the World of Warships armada.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,664 posts
14,760 battles

Hmm, Albemarle is rather suspiciously a clone of Neptune's hull and Drake/Goliath are full of 'interesting' design choices for circa 1938 ships.

0 posts
50 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

"....and this ship was drawn on a napkin at a pub..." - Goliath

Devs should do a video of the famous and historical pubs used as offices when drawing new WOWSY ship designs on the back of beer mats.

• Funny 1

[DPG]
Supertester
645 posts
15,825 battles

I always appreciate the bits of history that WG digs up about the ships we play...

Looking forward to getting some of these in my port - Looks like I am going to have to do it the good ole fashioned grinding way as my token purchases only netted me consumables - this is the first time I have not earned at least 1 early access ship ... Something to look forward to I suppose

[TSIOF]
Beta Testers
48 posts
5,717 battles

Does anyone else find Marmalade (Albemarle) tough to understand from a strength vs weakness perspective? Its massive, exposed citadel sees it eat massive amounts of damage to up tiered heavy cruisers and battleships alike. Its main guns aren't special and have a very limited range. It's not overly fast and accelerates quite slowly. It isn't noteworthy for its turning. It's detection isn't something to take advantage of. I just don't understand what the devs were going for in this ships. Am I supposed to be "compensated" for the former by virtue of that heal? :cap_old:

I've yet to play Surrey (no luck getting it) and find Hawkins very meh and Devonshire more of the same - just an average ship. Hoping for better from Drake and Goliath, but how much I want to play them as the top tier stuff is wearing on me thanks to the plethora of HE spammers.

[COOLI]
Members
32 posts
4,050 battles

While designing a heavy cruiser in 1938, engineer W.G.John considered a 23,700 ton ship at some point.

-Goliath. WG John.... hmmm not seeing any engineers with that name from 1938, wait WG, WarGaming???????

• Funny 1

[WAKE]
Members
44 posts
17,285 battles

How the hell can u pen a light cruiser and get no damage with 406mm guns?  I am really sure that torpedo bulge is big enough for my round to detonate in it and not hit the ship!!! Fix your damn hit markers WG... I am tired of seeing the Penetrate Ribbon and seeing no damage correlated with it (especially against a CL)