You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
EraserNZ1

Suggested CV changes

21 comments in this topic

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles

First off i want to say i play both dd's and cv's, I used to pretty much only play dd's but because of the frustration of cv's it was ether stop playing the game or find something else in the game i could play to have some fun. so when i get frustrated trying to play dd's i play some cv games....(if ya can't beat them join them i guess)

As a dd player i find the worst things about cv's is

• 50 secs into the match you can have rocket planes on you sometimes losing 1/3 or more of your health
  • Having to use smoke just so you don't die or lose most of your health 40-50 secs into a match
  • Often i find playing a cv i can kill all the enemy dd's within 4-5 mins "Due to my spotting and damage" causing a steamroll vs the enemy team (I believe thats why there are so many steamroll games atm)

What I suggest WG do is adding a limited range on planes by having a fuel counter on the planes making the cv move to the flank they want to support/attack, I do this in the Jap cv's as they have decent detection anyway so you can spam planes faster. I think WG would have to adjust the detection range for US ect tho

Benefits that come from doing this

1. Cv's will have to move to the flank they want to support and will not have free rain over the entire map.
  2. Gives people the option to move to another flank if they choose to (I do this in dd's there there is to much radar on one flank).
  3. Slows down the instant/40-50 second spoting/attacks cv's do right now.
  4. A good player can not kill/spot all dd's in the match at the beginning.
  5. Puts the cv closer to the action (right now they are the last ship to die in the game almost every time there should be some risk involved and there is none).
  6. Some cv players might even do better as they can support the flank they are on faster (so many cv players sit at max range and that takes them 3 hours to fly back into the action).

• After been attacked by a cv i know in 40-50 secs there will be another wave of rocket planes striking me (this feels so bad)

I think there should be a rearming time so you can't just spam on type of plane (this is a tricky one tho as some carriers only have one good armament/planes)

• DD's used to be the most powerful class in the endgame thats gone (this might be a good thing as far as dd's been to powerful late game vs bb's and non radar cruisers but sucks for the dd wink wink)

This is tricky even as a dd player i can admit to dd's been to powerful endgame

• I tryed to get two friends into the game and was playing low tiers with them almost every game was 2-3 cv's per team and it was the worst WOWs experience i have ever had and i have been playing since alpha testing in this game. (both of my friends quit playing after a few weeks)

Wg you need to limit cv's to one per team the "new player experience is disgusting right now" low tiers (1 to 6) having no aa and 3 carriers per team is a joke.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles

Same crying we have seen in a great many threads. Another Please remove CV's or Nerf them some more to make them useless post.

Frosty

• Cool 2

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles
19 minutes ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Same crying we have seen in a great many threads. Another Please remove CV's or Nerf them some more to make them useless post.

Frosty

maybe instead of making a useless non constructive post like yours you could tell me what you disagree with? I play cv's i don't want them nerfed i would love them changed so they don't control the map and destroy dd gameplay or did you not read my post at all? Even WG know cv's are a problem hence why they are kept out of clan battles. So plz keep your toxic toll posts to yourself :)

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
917 posts
10,090 battles
19 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

maybe instead of making a useless non constructive post like yours you could tell me what you disagree with? I play cv's i don't want them nerfed i would love them changed so they don't control the map and destroy dd gameplay or did you not read my post at all? Even WG know cv's are a problem hence why they are kept out of clan battles. So plz keep your toxic toll posts to yourself :)

I wouldn't call his response hateful or trolling at all. Whether your post is in earnest or not, it comes off as a bait post attempting to draw another CV hate conversation. The reason for this is that your two biggest suggestions revolve around concepts many of us know to be false or unavoidable. First, aircraft regeneration combined with limited deck space is the primary mechanic intended to prevent squadron spamming. Second, multiple CV games are an unavoidable consequence of the current popularity of the ship type. there's already a 2-minute queue limit that has to be passed before a game will be built with multiple CVs at tiers 6 and above. This is done to prevent queue dumps, which when involving CVs, can make the outnumbering situation far worse. 

• Funny 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles
2 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

I wouldn't call his response hateful or trolling at all. Whether your post is in earnest or not, it comes off as a bait post attempting to draw another CV hate conversation. The reason for this is that your two biggest suggestions revolve around concepts many of us know to be false or unavoidable. First, aircraft regeneration combined with limited deck space is the primary mechanic intended to prevent squadron spamming. Second, multiple CV games are an unavoidable consequence of the current popularity of the ship type. there's already a 2-minute queue limit that has to be passed before a game will be built with multiple CVs at tiers 6 and above. This is done to prevent queue dumps, which when involving CVs, can make the outnumbering situation far worse.  

are you saying this post was constructive? LOL

First, aircraft regeneration combined with limited deck space is the primary mechanic intended to prevent squadron spamming

As a cv player i can tell you that this does not work i can keep spaming planes till my dd target is dead

Second, multiple CV games are an unavoidable consequence of the current popularity of the ship type. there's already a 2-minute queue limit that has to be passed before a game will be built with multiple CVs at tiers 6 and above. This is done to prevent queue dumps, which when involving CVs, can make the outnumbering situation far worse.

go and play some tier 4-6 games and almost every one of them will be 2-3 cv per game with people clubbing new players "this made 2 friends quit playing" they should remove the max queue time for cv's then and make the clubbers sit in the queue instead of destroying the new players games.

I play cv's my stats in cv's i'm not asking them to be remove or nerfed if that tool had read my post he would of know that, i'm giving feedback/my opinion to try and make the game better for everyone

Capture.JPG?width=1262&height=496

[DPS]
Members
55 posts
2,835 battles

I’ve said this a few times and I’ll say it again.  Teamwork will mitigate the CV threat.  Two BBs together can pretty much wipe out a squadron before they get a single fish in the water or rocket on the deck.

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,210 battles
4 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

What I suggest WG do is adding a limited range on planes

This is honestly the solution to CV's. If something were done about rocket planes and your suggestion then CV's wouldn't be that broken.

• Cool 1

[--V--]
Members
1,402 posts
13,521 battles
3 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

CV fanbois who like clubbing at T4/5 can't help it.  They know CVs are OP and do not want them touched in any way.  Just the way it is.

The CV rework ruined this game for a variety of reasons.  Many you spelled out in the OP. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,370 posts
16,103 battles

Multiple CVs at tiers where many ships have no AA is horrible for the game. Especially, as the OP indicated, for new players who have no higher tier ships to go to. Why would you keep playing if you think this is how the game is from here on?

Solutions.

1. Limit lower tiers to 1 CV or 2 CVs if both are newbies (less than X games in the ship). The mass rush to CVs that occurred after the rebork is over. Mostly seal clubbers now. Give new CV players priority in MM to get into games.

2. Remove the wait cap. If it is taking too long to get your CV into a game, pick a different ship or tier. The game could actually give you an estimated wait time (based on other CVs in your queue) when you hit battle. Players exiting the queue would not be counted.

This removes the queue dump horror of 6 CVs per match.

[F4E]
Members
146 posts
5,045 battles

To the OP, some honest feedback, I'm not a big fan of your idea. 

BUT!  I think you correctly highlight some issues.

Instead I would suggest the following. 

1.  Why have rocket planes at all?  They didn't truly exist (especially in the form they are in the game) in real life.  The CV doesn't need to be dominant against everyone type of ship.  This is a rock, paper, scissors game and the CV carries all 3.

2.  If they lose the rockets, maybe they should make their torps actually useful.  I know in my BB that I really don't care if I eat a load of fish, they are nothing compared to getting broadside to another BB.  I really don't even bother dodging, that is stupid. 

3.  Give the CV a faaaaar better mechanic to try to get fighter planes to support ships.  Or give the ships an ability to call for CV fighters when in a CV game.  Perhaps a ship calls for fighter support, if the CV presses the okay button, fighters fly from the CV to the ship and start flying CAP around it.  

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles
10 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

1.  Why have rocket planes at all?  They didn't truly exist (especially in the form they are in the game) in real life.  The CV doesn't need to be dominant against everyone type of ship.  This is a rock, paper, scissors game and the CV carries all 3.

2.  If they lose the rockets, maybe they should make their torps actually useful.  I know in my BB that I really don't care if I eat a load of fish, they are nothing compared to getting broadside to another BB.  I really don't even bother dodging, that is stupid. 

3.  Give the CV a faaaaar better mechanic to try to get fighter planes to support ships.  Or give the ships an ability to call for CV fighters when in a CV game.  Perhaps a ship calls for fighter support, if the CV presses the okay button, fighters fly from the CV to the ship and start flying CAP around it.  

of course they have to have a way to kill a dd or it will be as dumb as adding subs to the game that only dd can kill... lol

[F4E]
Members
146 posts
5,045 battles
4 hours ago, EraserNZ1 said:

of course they have to have a way to kill a dd or it will be as dumb as adding subs to the game that only dd can kill... lol

CV's still have torps and DB that can kill a DD.  Obviously it's harder without rockets, but still very possible.  But by taking away rockets, chances are the CV's will look to target cruisers and battleships for most of the match and only target destroyers if there is a great need or personal defense.

Think of it like how the battleship can obliterate a cruiser one on one.  But would struggle mightily against a DD.  They are strong against one class, weak against another.  Same goes for cruisers and destroyers.  It's only the CV that has the perfect tool for all BB, DD, and CA.

Members
38 posts
5,269 battles

I found rocket planes to be awkward and difficult to use in most situations and rarely use them unless I have used all my other aircraft(the exception being with British Carriers as they seem to have more effective rocket planes). A well aimed Dive Bomber or Level Bomber attack will make short work of a Destroyer or one can simply spot the Destroyer and have the team take care of it for you.

[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
On 2/5/2020 at 6:18 AM, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Frosty

+1

Posers whine. Gamers level-up.

[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
17 hours ago, Glamorboy said:

1.  "Close air support" missions.  
1a.  The maps are too small and the time limits too short in the current game.  Every map is a variation of "close air support" or a "Taffy-3" battle situation.
1b.  In real life, planes could fly for hundreds of miles and several hours.  No need to re-fuel.  There is no justification for limited fuel.  Ordnance is already limited.  Once a plane launches its' ordnance, it flies back to the CV to re-arm & repair (if it isn't shot down).

2.  Having the damage done by any and all ordnance, aerial torpedoes in this case, *should* be something that WG/WOWs does properly or is improving upon.  So whatever tweaks need to be made to the computer-modeling in order to bring it closer to "reality" are welcome, I think.

3.  We had that in the old Real-Time-Simulation view of CV's before the "re-work".  I could direct one or more fighter squadrons to patrol over a ship or order them to intercept and shoot-down opposing planes or have them patrol/scout the map for spotting purposes.  Fighters had limited ammo.  A good CV player would have them land and re-arm during a lull in the battle when there was little chance of opposing planes showing up.  Once re-armed the fighters could go back to patrol/attack duties.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
clarification

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles
6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

1.  "Close air support" missions.  
1a.  The maps are too small and the time limits too short in the current game.  Every map is a variation of "close air support" or a "Taffy-3" battle situation.
1b.  In real life, planes could fly for hundreds of miles and several hours.  No need to re-fuel.  There is no justification for limited fuel.  Ordnance is already limited.  Once a plane launches its' ordnance, it flies back to the CV to re-arm & repair (if it isn't shot down).

2.  Having the damage done by any and all ordnance, aerial torpedoes in this case, *should* be something that WG/WOWs does properly or is improving upon.  So whatever tweaks need to be made to the computer-modeling in order to bring it closer to "reality" are welcome, I think.

3.  We had that in the old Real-Time-Simulation view of CV's before the "re-work".  I could direct one or more fighter squadrons to patrol over a ship or order them to intercept and shoot-down opposing planes or have them patrol/scout the map for spotting purposes.  Fighters had limited ammo.  A good CV player would have them land and re-arm during a lull in the battle when there was little chance of opposing planes showing up.  Once re-armed the fighters could go back to patrol/attack duties.

I love when people talk about real life WOW is nothing like real life that ship sailed years ago....

[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
2 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

I love when people talk about real life WOW is nothing like real life that ship sailed years ago....

Yeah.   A few nights ago I sank another Ryujo with my own by using secondary guns.  No, I didn't save the replay.  Yes, every other ship was a 'bot and it was a co-op match of some sort of queue-dump.
It was still fun.  :-)

Members
1 post
101 battles

I think all WG needs to do is copy the Battlestation Pacific's game (gameplay and balance), and much of the problems will be solved! Battlestation Pacific balance CVs, planes, DDs and Subs like no other game! 

Edited by Cpt_Chacal

[WPORT]
Members
5,359 posts
10,396 battles
On 2/5/2020 at 4:52 AM, EraserNZ1 said:

First off i want....<snipped for brevity>

1.  "How does it feel to *want*?"
2.  Unless you can bring back my Zuiho, shut the <bleep> up you whining poser.
3.  You're just another shill for the anti-cv crowd, who can't seem to move beyond the past and should stick to Tier-1 and Tier-2 play.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
245 posts
7,936 battles
On 2/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

1.  "How does it feel to *want*?"
2.  Unless you can bring back my Zuiho, shut the <bleep> up you whining poser.
3.  You're just another shill for the anti-cv crowd, who can't seem to move beyond the past and should stick to Tier-1 and Tier-2 play. 

ooo look at the 400 pr player thinking he knows something lols

[TATIC]
Members
3 posts
4,508 battles

este impossível jogar com CV anti-aérea de dd acaba com um pelotão sem conseguir atacar !!!!! já estou desistindo do jogo, muito jogador do clã desistirão de jogar pela palhaçada de nerfar os CV. esse jogo fala que é de simulação, mostra como um dd IX acaba com um pelotão de avião de foguete  Shōkaku  !!! como asimm !!! wargaming volta como os CV erão em 2017 , 2018

CV ERA  OS  REIS DOS MARES ...

Edited by sborges649