You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crickethunter_brown

lvl 9 iowa

24 comments in this topic

Members
142 posts
3,106 battles

Stop nerfing the dam IOWA ship into exstinksion you have it nerfed so dam bad it would work better if I hooked it to my row boat and used it as a frinking  anker you shoot 30 rounds at standing ships and they all miss and I repeat STANDING STILL SHIPS, YOU HAVE DEGRADED IT TO NOTHING BUT A STINKING ROW BOAT WITH SPIT WADS.

• Confused 5
  • Boring 2

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,138 posts
5,034 battles
3 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Since when was Iowa nerfed?

Not recently. I couldnt even tell you the mast time it was changed.

9 minutes ago, crickethunter_brown said:

you shoot 30 rounds at standing ships and they all miss and I repeat STANDING STILL SHIPS, YOU HAVE DEGRADED IT TO NOTHING BUT A STINKING ROW BOAT WITH SPIT WADS.

Make sure you are taking the artillery plotting room modification in slot 6. It provides a sizable dispersion buff that will help you land more shells on target

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
729 posts
4,671 battles

Iowa is a great ship. It's fast and punchy, probably my favorite BB ATM

• Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
807 posts
7,180 battles
5 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

Iowa is a great ship. It's fast and punchy, probably my favorite BB ATM

My favorite tech tree BB as well, I prefer to take her out over Montana.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,138 posts
4,090 battles

The last time Iowa was changed was the lowering of the citadel right? Which last I checked was a buff. So yeah...it's been what, at least a year since it was changed (except AA but that's global), and that was a buff.

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,189 posts
11 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

Not recently. I couldnt even tell you the mast time it was changed.

Make sure you are taking the artillery plotting room modification in slot 6. It provides a sizable dispersion buff that will help you land more shells on target

And make sure you're shooting at the ship you're aiming at lol, seriously if you are not getting hits  with her it's you not the boat

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
990 posts
1 hour ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Stop nerfing the dam IOWA ship into exstinksion you have it nerfed so dam bad it would work better if I hooked it to my row boat and used it as a frinking  anker you shoot 30 rounds at standing ships and they all miss and I repeat STANDING STILL SHIPS, YOU HAVE DEGRADED IT TO NOTHING BUT A STINKING ROW BOAT WITH SPIT WADS.

Try the German BBs m8. Youll love the Iowa. :cap_cool:

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
1 hour ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Since when was Iowa nerfed?

Every time OP takes the helm.

• Funny 7

Members
161 posts
2,079 battles

I am not really enjoying mine now either.  I am still on the stock hull and may be too poor to upgrade it when that time comes.  Everything smashes it for 15k even bow in, and when im 10k i feel like i cant get it to shoot straight enough/strong enough to cit.  Others seem to love it.  OTOH, im liking my izumo with a stock hull so maybe its just a preference of mine, as others seemed to hate it.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,273 posts
18,807 battles

Since I've been playing this game in May 2016 Iowa has seen:

access to APR2, which decreases dispersion by a notable margin, which is a BUFF

Had her citadel lowered, making it easier to turn out, which is a BUFF

Was given an improved heal and better rudder shift, which are BUFFS

WG has never nerfed Iowa, all that's happened to her has been buffs. All this is is someone who cannot aim blaming the ship being bad and not the real reason the ship is bad, the person captaining it

Members
3,097 posts
12,268 battles

Iowa is a decent ship, but it was made obsolete with introduction of ships like Missouri, Musashi, Jean Bart, and Georgia.  Having said that, when it comes to tech tree BBs Iowa is pretty good still.

[LEGIO]
Members
3,449 posts
7,716 battles

After using the Georgia a lot the Iowa (and presumably the Missouri if I owned one) now seem quite lackluster.

Sometimes I think "a Georgia with nine 16"/50 caliber guns would be cool" and then realize that's what the Iowa should be.

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,128 posts
7,994 battles
2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

The last time Iowa was changed was the lowering of the citadel right? Which last I checked was a buff.

I'm pretty sure the Iowa got a buff to its heal after that, but I could be remembering wrong.  

[DURPX]
Members
72 posts
4,749 battles
2 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

After using the Georgia a lot the Iowa (and presumably the Missouri if I owned one) now seem quite lackluster.

Sometimes I think "a Georgia with nine 16"/50 caliber guns would be cool" and then realize that's what the Iowa should be. 

Well you wouldn't be wrong because Iowa does have them...  They were all fitted with the 16"/50 caliber guns....  South Dakotas and North Carolinas had the 16"/45 calibers. 

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,386 posts
9,798 battles
3 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

Every time OP takes the helm.

That burn tho :^)

[NMKJT]
Members
2,682 posts
7,508 battles
3 hours ago, Lampshade_M1A2 said:

I have both, and that is correct. Geo ruins MO, unless you get super hot at the thought of having a short duration radar.

[KERMT]
Members
1,009 posts
5 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

Stop shooting stuff at over 20km, get closer. 

[-K-]
Members
8,365 posts
14,175 battles
12 hours ago, crickethunter_brown said:

exstinksion 

ntipykqjpyl227boqdr5.jpg.70b42b00f1ba3afec9ba833f46a64e1c.jpg