You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
War182

Kleber is STILL a joke ....

60 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
404 posts
15,421 battles

The best thing about the Kleber was the TORP's ...I know odd for a gun boat . With the nerf you took the best tool for DAM we had , HE 50% shell break ,turrets 20sec speed , No armor ,no heal ,Can"t take a Hit . AA worse in tier , RNG doesn't care about speed one bit you take 2 good hits and your swimming back to port . So why would we ever want to use it ??? Good question . A shim can gun it down cause it takes DAM so easy (I have done it). You F ed a DD we wanted so much to Take on the Khab . Because it yoo loo camping BB's in clan war's .... OK so if DD 's spotted for their BB's or BB's moved off cap and tanked for their TEAM problem solved ... No need to nerf a DD that needed a Buff. You could have nerfed the torps and buff the ship No problem . O can't cit at 15k out so now AP worthless as well ...

shot-20.01.03_21.46.59-0981.jpg

shot-20.01.19_02.08.50-0122.jpg

shot-20.01.19_04.33.02-0289.jpg

• Funny 3
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 12

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles

Unfortunately being a decidedly average player you will only net average results from a ship based on A) your playstyle. B) your captain set up and C) your position and target selection

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
17 minutes ago, War182 said:

The best thing about the Kleber was the TORP's ...I know odd for a gun boat . With the nerf you took the best tool for DAM we had , HE 50% shell break ,turrets 20sec speed , No armor ,no heal ,Can"t take a Hit . AA worse in tier , RNG doesn't care about speed one bit you take 2 good hits and your swimming back to port . So why would we ever want to use it ??? Good question . A shim can gun it down cause it takes DAM so easy (I have done it). You F ed a DD we wanted so much to Take on the Khab . Because it yoo loo camping BB's in clan war's .... OK so if DD 's spotted for their BB's or BB's moved off cap and tanked for their TEAM problem solved ... No need to nerf a DD that needed a Buff. You could have nerfed the torps and buff the ship No problem . O can't cit at 15k out so now AP worthless as well ...

I disagree that the Kleber was a gunboat, pre-nerf.  If one played the pre-nerf Kleber as purely a gunboat, then you weren't playing the ship to its full potential.  The pre-nerf Kleber was an ambush DD, not strictly a gunboat DD.  But after the nerf, the devs are forcing the Kleber into being a gunboat and only a gunboat.  I personally think that this is a huge mistake.  I think that the Kleber needed a nerf, but not this nerf.

IMO, the nerf should have been to change the speed boost for all French DDs to be the same speed boost all other DDs get.  Secondly, I would have removed the gun reload booster, and improved the base gun reload.  It's ridiculous that the Kleber is so damned fast that it can make the tier 10 Russian DDs look like they're standing still when they're actually moving at full speed.  

• Cool 1

[O7]
Members
1,024 posts
4,373 battles

What kind of potato uses torps in a Kleber? Its a pure gun boat and if you cant play it correctly that is not the ship's problem.

The nerf to Kleber for random battles is as relevant as the Kremlin AA nerf

• Cool 6
  • Boring 4

Members
174 posts
17,336 battles

The Kleb was great for initial quick base capping pre nerf... now that they've pretty much taken that away it's a boring one dimensional ship now.... so glad i bought the perm camo for it WG big thx.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,086 posts
18,898 battles

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
542 posts
12,235 battles

Kleber is fine.  Just because it has torps doesn't mean it is your primary weapon.  I didn't run the stealth captain skill before the nerf so used to bad detection.  It really hasn't affected my play style much after the nerf.  If you want a torpedo boat play the Shimakaze, Kleber is not your ship.  

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
3 hours ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Unfortunately being a decidedly average player you will only net average results from a ship based on A) your playstyle. B) your captain set up and C) your position and target selection

I really didn't notice the nerf.

So I can still stealth torp, just barely. 

So I can still kite and set fires...

So I can still use AP, even on bbs...

So I can still rack up 2 mil potential....

I wish my Khabba was half as good as this boat....

Maybe they'll un-nerf Khabba to fight Klebers....

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,976 posts
20,643 battles
2 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

What kind of potato uses torps in a Kleber? Its a pure gun boat and if you cant play it correctly that is not the ship's problem.

I use them all the time.....

After battleships get tired of trying to hit me and give up...

But, yes, guns are the bread and butter of Kleber.

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
723 posts
4,640 battles

No, it's best thing is the reload booster, which hasn't been touched. 

Also, if you go full concealment, you can still stealth Torp, it's just that they have to be moving towards you

[-KIA-]
Members
3,464 posts
14,780 battles

Because you can't make the ship work doesn't mean it's bad.

But thanks to you, and player like you, I can enjoy this ship a lot before WG decides to completely kill it.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,256 posts
18,719 battles
4 hours ago, War182 said:

I don't think the ship needs a buff. The person playing it and the grammar on the other hand...

• Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[PN]
[PN]
234 posts
8,331 battles

Guys, all OP does is whine about Kleber, hes trolling you all...

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
4 hours ago, DolphinPrincess said:

No, it was NOT a pure gunboat.  Only a noob would think that it was.  It was an outstanding ambush DD.  And when I say "ambush DD", I don't mean torp boat or a stealth torper.  I mean the sort of DD that can use its speed to come flying around an island and catch the enemy unaware and dump a bunch of torps into him for an assassination style of kill.  Or you can rip around the island on a cruiser and assassinate a cruiser or DD with your guns using the reload booster.  Pure gunboats don't do this sort of thing.  They just snipe at long range, which is fine.  But with a pre-nerf Kleber, that would be a waste of its abilities.

As for using torpedoes, I got an unofficial* double strike with them just this past weekend on two Smolensks hiding in smoke.  There was only one DD per team and we were on opposite sides of the map.  And because the Smolensks were hiding in smoke, there was no one to see me sneak up to them and dump all my torps from both my port and starboard launchers into said smoke. By "unofficial" double strike, I mean that somehow the 2 kills were spaced far enough apart to not get a legit double strike, but only just barely.  What really mattered was that I killed their 2 Smolensks right at the start of the battle and just about broke that team's back.  The enemy team on that side of the map completely collapsed after that ambush.

• Cool 2

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
4 hours ago, War182 said:

A shim can gun it down cause it takes DAM so easy (I have done it)

What? Kleber can beat a Shima in a gun fight any day of the week. If you gunned down a Kleber in your Shima, that Kleber player must have been an absolute red potato player. Kleber is a gun boat - it is not a torp boat so what you're saying(nerfing the detectability made it useless) doesn't make any sense. Kleber is a great gun boat and its torps are strong but they are not the thing Kleber is known for.

[SALVO]
Members
24,764 posts
25,791 battles
1 hour ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Because you can't make the ship work doesn't mean it's bad.

But thanks to you, and player like you, I can enjoy this ship a lot before WG decides to completely kill it.

So true.  Personally, I'm a big fan of the (pre-nerf) Kleber as an ambush DD rather than as a pure gunboat.  However, even if one played it as a pure gunboat DD, the reality is that pure gunboat DDs are pretty damned easy to play well.  Just stay near max gun range and keep mashing that left mouse button.  And if you're really trying to farm damage, get good at managing the fires you produce on enemy ships.  That is, get a fire started on one BB, then switch to another BB and get another fire started.  And if you see a ship clearly use a DC party, start spamming the heck out your HE on that ship and try to get multiple fires raging.

[BONKS]
Members
692 posts
3,376 battles
5 hours ago, War182 said:

Nerfed real bad. Totally agree. Can't land torps at all anymore.

1307880203_Kleberpostnerf.thumb.png.ad58c5f122d74fb2189eb4f842f7205d.png

• Funny 2

[OO7]
Members
535 posts
6,736 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

No, it was NOT a pure gunboat.  Only a noob would think that it was.  It was an outstanding ambush DD.  And when I say "ambush DD", I don't mean torp boat or a stealth torper.  I mean the sort of DD that can use its speed to come flying around an island and catch the enemy unaware and dump a bunch of torps into him for an assassination style of kill.  Or you can rip around the island on a cruiser and assassinate a cruiser or DD with your guns using the reload booster.  Pure gunboats don't do this sort of thing.  They just snipe at long range, which is fine.  But with a pre-nerf Kleber, that would be a waste of its abilities.

What's that?  Gun boat dd can't get citadels anymore and can't close into range on cruisers?  I didn't know a concealment nerf means people can see me through islands, oh wow.  Look at all the citadels I got on these poor cruisers, if only they knew I was coming with my non-concealment 16km range build kleber. 

Oh no! I don't run concealment and I have 8.6km detection. Oh no all the t10 cruisers can out spot me and there is no way I can ambush them!!! 

Please, learn to gunboat dd.  If you think its ez cuz all you do is farm fires, then you don't know how to gunboat dd. Please learn how to position so you can farm HE when you want, and use island to obscure LoS and still ambush when you want.

image.thumb.png.2ea9f464e94749c889ec69f431596615.png

Edited by mixmkz
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,024 posts
4,373 battles
47 minutes ago, Crucis said:

As for using torpedoes, I got an unofficial* double strike with them just this past weekend on two Smolensks hiding in smoke.  There was only one DD per team and we were on opposite sides of the map.  And because the Smolensks were hiding in smoke, there was no one to see me sneak up to them and dump all my torps from both my port and starboard launchers into said smoke. By "unofficial" double strike, I mean that somehow the 2 kills were spaced far enough apart to not get a legit double strike, but only just barely.  What really mattered was that I killed their 2 Smolensks right at the start of the battle and just about broke that team's back.  The enemy team on that side of the map completely collapsed after that ambush.

Imagine a green player calling a dark purple's judgement "noob"

ok

Using torpedoes as Kleber is as bad as using HE on Yamato. Yes you can still find success some times, but that doesn't make it any less retarded. 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 6

Members
174 posts
17,336 battles
6 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

Imagine a green player calling a dark purple's judgement "noob"

When was the last time you took a Kleb out... oh yeah that's right you don't seem to have one.... like HE on Yamato.

[O7]
Members
1,024 posts
4,373 battles
22 minutes ago, Torque64 said:

When was the last time you took a Kleb out... oh yeah that's right you don't seem to have one.... like HE on Yamato.

...You do realized I own multiple accounts right?

This account doesn't have a Kleber doesn't mean I don't have Kleber on other accounts

• Boring 1

[-TNT-]
Members
404 posts
15,421 battles
1 hour ago, Leopard_IX said:

What? Kleber can beat a Shima in a gun fight any day of the week. If you gunned down a Kleber in your Shima, that Kleber player must have been an absolute red potato player. Kleber is a gun boat - it is not a torp boat so what you're saying(nerfing the detectability made it useless) doesn't make any sense. Kleber is a great gun boat and its torps are strong but they are not the thing Kleber is known for.

No i'm saying they Nerfed the torps , Fine they should have buff's the boat . AA sucks , HE shell break 50%  , Concealment Sucks .Turret speed sucks 20sec , Armor sucks , No smoke , No heal , Can take 2 volley's YOUR DEAD . So if we play range 12k to 15k rain on all ..RNG will still kill you ..CAUSE IT CAN'T TAKE A HIT ... I've gunned it down in a SHIM yes a SHIM .... Tell you what let me sell my Paint back for doubloons and i'll quit bring it up. Than I will only use this dd for what it's good for Toilet paper ....

[KIA-A]
Members
911 posts
5,323 battles
13 minutes ago, War182 said:

No i'm saying they Nerfed the torps , Fine they should have buff's the boat . AA sucks , HE shell break 50%  , Concealment Sucks .Turret speed sucks 20sec , Armor sucks , No smoke , No heal , Can take 2 volley's YOUR DEAD . So if we play range 12k to 15k rain on all ..RNG will still kill you ..CAUSE IT CAN'T TAKE A HIT ... I've gunned it down in a SHIM yes a SHIM .... Tell you what let me sell my Paint back for doubloons and i'll quit bring it up. Than I will only use this dd for what it's good for Toilet paper ....

They have never nerfed the torp's alpha damage, just their detection. Kleber is one of the best gun boat DDs out there - learn to play it.