You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DuckyShot

WoWs players have a HUGE karma problem.

122 comments in this topic

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles

So I've been running the new and improved match making monitor the past week and really like it, so much more information than the one I was running. It even shows each players karma. 

So what has seeing everyone's karma every game told me?? Fully half of the player base has zero karma. A few people have karma in the double digits and maybe one other person has karma into the triple digits. 

How do people not accumulate karma?? Do they lose it all through chatting and poor play or do they just never get it?? Here I am, supposedly one of the most disliked players on this forum and the karma just keeps rolling in in game. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 11

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,361 posts
20,047 battles

I noticed that too, I also noticed that many players are sub 50% WR and PRs below 500

Hard to collect karma when you do nothing for your team?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 5

[BBQ]
Beta Testers
202 posts

Wait. Karma gives me more XP or credits if I get it?

[TIGRB]
Members
856 posts
16,515 battles
5 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So I've been running the new and improved match making monitor the past week and really like it, so much more information than the one I was running. It even shows each players karma. 

So what has seeing everyone's karma every game told me?? Fully half of the player base has zero karma. A few people have karma in the double digits and maybe one other person has karma into the triple digits. 

How do people not accumulate karma?? Do they lose it all through chatting and poor play or do they just never get it?? Here I am, supposedly one of the most disliked players on this forum and the karma just keeps rolling in in game. 

You flatter yourself. Your not one of the most disliked players. You ARE the most disliked player. Lol.

• Cool 5

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

I have chat disabled through the modpack and yet my Karma keeps going up; it is meaningless and stupid. Ops players seem to give compliments if you come in the top 3 and 5 star and Op and I do lots of ops so I've hit the triple digits with ease despite never actually communicating in game.

2 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

You flatter yourself. Your not one of the most disliked players. You ARE the most disliked player. Lol.

I don't think most players pay him any mind as he is neither clever nor interesting nor skilled enough to warrant such concern. Hell @HazeGrayUnderwayhas said more outlandish things than ducky.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 1

Members
254 posts
11,425 battles
Just now, GSXstage1 said:

IDK about that. pretty sure that many people on the forums would say the same about you and all the nonsense you post...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Members
477 posts
8,135 battles
5 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I noticed that too, I also noticed that many players are sub 50% WR and PRs below 500

This.

The majority of players are trash.  End of story.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[PD]
Members
20 posts
2,967 battles

10 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Lol easy...  Just spawn in as a CV.  

My all time high Karma was 5.  It was a glorious weekend.  

• Funny 1

Members
2,118 posts
6,338 battles
4 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

The Elite players telling us regular folks were lucky we are aloud to play here........:etc_red_button:

• Cool 10
  • Funny 3

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,249 battles

Can confirm. Better karma equals better rng. At 1107 ig karma and I get really good fire rng and good mm. Had a couple 7+ bb games this past week. 

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,088 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

I'm guessing this. If you're going to potato around you're probably going to get a good amount of reports thrown at you. Add a tendency to run your mouth in chat and it quickly adds up.

If you're competent, you're going to get a +1 here and there when you do something good. Sure you'll still get reported, but they'll be something to offset it. But again, if you're a unicum and rage at the team all game about they're terrible play, you're going to get reported even if you're right. 

Basically you don't have to do much to get reported. Getting complimented you have to be trying on some level. And we all know that most of the WOWS players aren't the best players.

4 minutes ago, The_Baby_Yoda said:

Some people just don’t care about a system that provides no benefits or consequences. 

Yeah but even if you don't care you're still going to collect it. I just noticed I have extra reports/compliments now, so my karma must have gone up. But it's not through any conscious effort on my part. I'm guessing that most people don't even know there is a karma system. But I'm pretty sure everyone knows about the report button.

Also I think my recent forays into DDs have helped. I know if a DD on my team is doing a good job I'm much more likely to compliment him than another ship type. So maybe people are just happy to see a DD who can spot (it's got to be the spotting, I still can't hit squat with torps).

[O_O]
Members
6,442 posts
15,343 battles

Well, this has turned into a fun, mature mud-slinging fest, hasn't it?

Negative reps for everyone.  Karma that.

• Funny 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,114 posts
4,088 battles
1 minute ago, Raven114 said:

The Elite players telling us regular folks were lucky we are aloud to play here........:etc_red_button:

If you care enough to be on the forums you're already one of the elite players, I'm guessing most casual players don't even know the forums exist.

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
11 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I have 423 Karma. Be nice to the bots and they will give you Karma. So tell them this in chat

01000111 01001100 00100110 01000110 01010011 00100000 00111100 01001111

not this

01010101 01010010 00100000 01001101 01101111 01101101 01110011 00100000 01100001 00100000 01010110 01101001 01100011 00110010 00110000

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 4

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles

I have 129 Karma last time I checked. When I give Compliments, I let whoever I am giving it to know. When some players noticed that I am "not your average CV player", I have been given Compliments because of what I did whether that is capping or engaging and sinking an enemy in close quarters combat. As far as I know, the only thing Karma is good for is that if you were to accidentally team kill you MIGHT be given a free pass and not be pink as I have had this happen to me.

Play good and give and let people know you are giving them a Compliment. I have given entire teams Compliments over how well they performed whether that was a win or a loss because a hard fought yet balanced lost can be a good battle.

Give a Compliment, get a compliment. Just that simple.

Edited by Vangm94
  • Cool 2

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
14 minutes ago, The_Baby_Yoda said:

Some people just don’t care about a system that provides no benefits or consequences. 

1A418E23-ABDA-4EAA-A6AD-9247E87A7122.jpeg

You cared enough to comment in this thread. 

• Funny 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,262 posts
15,421 battles
15 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

About a year ago I started checking my karma after every game out of curiosity. The occasional games where I get a bit salty in chat and I expect to get negative karma I don't.  The games where I stay silent and have really good/great games, I'll somehow get negative karma; I'm assuming that it's coming from the opposing team, but I know I've gotten negative karma on many occasions from teammates when I've had great games and either said nothing in chat or just positive comments.   I can give all sorts of examples, but suffice it to say that it's confounding when people give positive or negative karma.

Having said that, my karma is quite a bit higher than I would have expected it to be, so I guess I'm doing something right.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles
2 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

About a year ago I started checking my karma after every game out of curiosity. The occasional games where I get a bit salty in chat and I expect to get negative karma I don't.  The games where I stay silent and have really good/great games, I'll somehow get negative karma; I'm assuming that it's coming from the opposing team, but I know I've gotten negative karma on many occasions from teammates when I've had great games and either said nothing in chat or just positive comments.   I can give all sorts of examples, but suffice it to say that it's confounding when people give positive or negative karma.

Having said that, my karma is quite a bit higher than I would have expected it to be, so I guess I'm doing something right.

The only time I really Report (negative Karma) is when an important ally (like a BB) is exceptionally useless and did not contribute to anything. Like a certain player in this battle:

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,361 posts
20,047 battles
1 minute ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Pretty much boils down to the last sentence

10 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

No it's not that, but it is an interesting stat, to get somebody to go do the extra work of complimenting or reporting your play style

It's to bad they got rid of negative karma be interesting to see how many people that are 0 right now that would be really lower if they didn't have a cap on it.

Members
477 posts
8,135 battles
13 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Someone has a complex...I didn’t get that from the post at all.

Members
6,858 posts
15,350 battles
20 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I didn't want to be too elitist and assume that. 

• Funny 1

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,061 battles

I ignore karma now. If you play a CV or any HE spam ship, the enemy just gives you bad karma.

Kill a DD with rocket planes, almost guaranteed negative karma. 

Light a BB on fire, he uses DCP, then put 4 new fires on his ship = enemy player spending all his karma limit giving you bad hits.

Edited by Gemlin

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
6 minutes ago, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

No it's not that, but it is an interesting stat, to get somebody to go do the extra work of complimenting or reporting your play style

It literally cannot have anything to do with that; I mostly play Ops now, very rarely PvP, and my karma skyrocketed, despite my chat being disabled. All we do is win with 5 stars and people shower you with compliments.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2