You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sinsokira

DD CV interaction

20 comments in this topic

Members
31 posts
345 battles

Hello and welcome to my post, as the title says this is about DD and CV. I have recently seen some people talking and youtube videos going up about how some ppl still think CV need to be nerfed or the interaction Between dd and cv need to be fixed.

For those that play either DD or CV do you think there is an issue on the state of things? i play both and i find it to be good.

The biggest complaint i see is that cv matching making is the issue at low tiers and i can see that being a problem as in some matches you can have 3 cv per side but those games that happened to be there was no DD in the game.

do you guys think it needs to be fixed?

Members
388 posts

A mediocre CV player will typically dominate a great DD player.  It's a broken meta, and WOW does not care, because WOW does not care about making the game better.  $ is the idol WOW worships.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Members
31 posts
345 battles

i also have a feeling no matter what wow ends up doing to CV or DD no one will be happy, if you had to what would you do to ballance or fix it

[USCC2]
Members
6,060 posts

The DD and CV are the least played ship type. When it comes down to it they do not bring the 'many' to this game - therefore they are not top priority.

One started as the counter to the most played ship type and has been reduced over the years to a 'role'.

The other, a powerhouse that should deliver air power around the map, reduced to running after the smallest ship in game.

And that is it - picture a Medieval King and Queen at the top table throwing scraps to 2 dogs who snap at each other, getting a taste of something better.

Be honest, what ship types would you put in the roles above.

I enjoy the game very much, each ship type has its place. There is no point wanting one ship type to be something it isn't or never will be.

If people could understand that the game is balanced around 'money and the majority', they can get on and enjoy the game. It makes perfect sense AND it is what will keep the game alive. :Smile_honoring:

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,218 posts
5,684 battles
1 hour ago, Sinsokira said:

Hello and welcome to my post, as the title says this is about DD and CV. I have recently seen some people talking and youtube videos going up about how some ppl still think CV need to be nerfed or the interaction Between dd and cv need to be fixed.

For those that play either DD or CV do you think there is an issue on the state of things? i play both and i find it to be good.

The biggest complaint i see is that cv matching making is the issue at low tiers and i can see that being a problem as in some matches you can have 3 cv per side but those games that happened to be there was no DD in the game.

do you guys think it needs to be fixed?

Why broken? A good DD player knows how to deal with CVs... He won't rush to the caps or if he does so, he will hide under smoke. Sometimes, there are pair of DDs using smoke, it's even funny to see that huge cloud over the sea... Sometimes, particularly if MM is unbalanced, DDs can be rocketed and sunk, but generally DDs die because they are rocketed, permaspotted and shelled, eventually torped... Nothing to fix here.

• Boring 2

Members
139 posts
2,600 battles

Honestly one CV is fine when I'm Dd. I can see the planes and usually avoid them. I can also hang back with crusiers if I am being focused. You also have smoke. Basically you have options. Once it's a 2-3 cv match your pretty useless as a dd player if you get focused. 

Honestly the biggest issue as a dd player is radar. Not cvs. Every ship has radar now. Its lasts to long and the range is too far. It prevents dds from scouting or caping and there is basically zero counter play besides wsda out and pray the enemy has bad aim. If two or more ships know how to cycle radar and camp behind an island it's virtually impossible to make any plays. Imo radar needs to be line of sight. I have no problem with shortening smoke if radar got nerfs.

Members
31 posts
345 battles

from what some people say it that wg does not care at the moment the state of dd vs cv for new players, i mean when i started playing dd when i got into this game i made alot of mistakes, even facin cv but i learned. I mean you can dodge and avoid the planes but you will still no matter what still get hit from them from time to time

Members
246 posts
310 battles
3 hours ago, Sinsokira said:

im bad with cv and i can rarely sink DD even when i just focus them at that is at any tier

To be fair, sinking them is only part of the issue.

The near-constant spotting without suffering or even risking any repercussions by the CV effectively takes the DD out of the game anyway.

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,321 battles

They should limit the cv to 1 per side per match, as a DD main I have no issue with a cv in the game.  

The CV player has to learn what he can do with his planes against other ships, or have them always wiped out, just like the DD player needs to understand what has radar, ranges of it and so on.

All of this means is that the DD is responsible for his/her postion, as is the CV, in relation to loosing planes due to AA.

Yes a CV can focus down a DD, Yes it is annoying, but no more annoying than what I have done to a BB player running into my torps and dev striking him.

My main complaint is that CV players do not actively hunt the DD, and quickly go about trying to farm damage, leaving a red DD to its own devices, only for the CV player to get torped by that very DD he did not bother with.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

Members
31 posts
345 battles

if i see a DD im gonna attack him no matter what but if i lose im i wont spend the match hunting him. that is both a detrament to me and the team so i move onto the closet ship i see

Members
739 posts
7,780 battles

I think that CV vs DD is too vague, 

If I'm in say a Kidd or that ridiculous monstrosity that is the Friesland, CVs will seem very underpowered... however if I'm in some of the low tier DDs with a whopping 0 to 10 AA rating? yeah CVs are a PITA. I think that we're at the point where it's no longer the CV or DD Class that need to be buffed or nerfed, but there are definitely individual CVs or DDs that need to be looked at.

[-K-]
Members
8,352 posts
14,149 battles
6 hours ago, KosmicRavioli said:

To be fair, sinking them is only part of the issue.

The near-constant spotting without suffering or even risking any repercussions by the CV effectively takes the DD out of the game anyway.

True.  If a carrier really wants to wreck your day in a DD, they can.

I'm still an advocate that we're not far off in the DD versus CV balance.  Rocket planes are the wild card here, as they are simply too easy and effective at farming DDs.  I'd love to see an experiment where rocket plane damage against destroyers was nerfed down to a certain percentage point (just like BB AP can only cause 10% of max damage to DDs) to try and mitigate the rocket planes superiority and help DD survivability a bit.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles

If a DD hides in smoke but a CV spots for it, it can make for a deadly combination.

[DOG]
Members
1,109 posts
11,801 battles

I play DDs a lot, and CVs are usually not something that bothers me.  Of course, it could be the tiers and game types I play these days.  For most of the past year I've been playing a lot of clan and ranked battles.  And, when I play DDs, I tend to play a lot of tier 10.  I've only kept a few lower tier DDs:  V-170, Akatsuki, Fletcher, and Lightning.  I'l eventually buy the rest of my tier VIII and IX back before next year's snowflake event, but I probably won't play them much beyond the one co-op game needed to knock of a snowflake.

Now I did take a break from grinding to go have some fun in my V-170 a few weeks back.  There were 3 CVs per side in every game.  Fortunately, V-170 is a small nimble target, and I always take a speed flag on a DD.  At that tier you really need to rely on dodging and smoke.  You can't just run back to a friendly cruiser or BB, like you can at higher tiers, since their AA isn't much better than yours.  The plus side is that the planes are not as powerful, and the CV drivers are frequently  less skilled (the occasional seal clubber excepted), so it kind of evens out.  Edit:  Plus, there is no radar, and the cruisers and BBs are not nearly as accurate as they are at higher tiers.

Edited by zubalkabir

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

If a DD hides in smoke but a CV spots for it, it can make for a deadly combination.

CVs can't spot a DD in smoke. The only way a CV can strike a DD in smoke is luck and following tracers back to source.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
6,894 battles
1 minute ago, StoptheViolins said:

CVs can't spot a DD in smoke. The only way a CV can strike a DD in smoke is luck and following tracers back to source.

"If a DD hides in smoke but a CV spots for it, it can make for a deadly combination."

[SALVO]
Members
2,011 posts
6,198 battles

Yes there is a big problem in CV vs DD interaction.  Rocket planes in combination with easy and constant spotting of the DD for no risk are the biggest culprit here. 

• Boring 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts
6 hours ago, eviltane said:

Yes there is a big problem in CV vs DD interaction.  Rocket planes in combination with easy and constant spotting of the DD for no risk are the biggest culprit here. 

If only you'd play a CV you can see what a 2km DD spot distance or 0km in smoke looks like to airplanes. The only way beyond those distances a CV can tell where a DD is is if a DD leaves its AA on or starts shooting.