You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Nolo_00

New (non)achievements!

7 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
488 posts
6,422 battles

Got the idea from this writeup LWM did a long time ago, and I only stumbled upon recently. I know it's been said before, but this game could use some new (and fun) achievements, and I think some non-achievements are also in order. If you think of any others, drop them here!

New achivements:

Leonidas:

In a losing match, receive more base xp than the highest base xp earned on the winning team. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1X Mike Yankee Soxisix flag

Non achivements:

Meat shield:

Die due to torpedoes targeted at another player. The other player must survive. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1x Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag

Baked Potato:

Win 10 matches while doing less than 5k damage. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1x "Baked Potato" camo, automatically applied at the start of your next match. +3 detectability, -4 dispersion for shells fired at your ship, +5 credit earnings. Because you really need to get into the game.

Headshot: 

Be citideled through the bow at a range of greater than 14km, and die. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1x "Bullseye" Camo, automatically applied at the start of your next match. -6 detectability, -8 dispersion for shells fired at your ship, +10% credit earnings. Because sometimes it's just bad luck.

Blue barrels:

Bring 5 enemy ships to less than 10% health in a single match, and not get the kill shot. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1x Sierra Mike flag

Half Baked:

Pop smoke within 10 seconds of the start of the match. Can be earned more than once. Reward: none

High Fidelity:

Pop hydro acoustic search within 10 seconds of the start of the match. Can be earned more than once. Reward: none

Major Tom:

Pop surveillance radar within 10 seconds of the start of the match. Can be earned more than once. Reward: none

E tu, Brutus?:

Be destroyed by friendly torpedoes, but do no damage to the launching ship. Can be earned more than once. Reward: Same as Headshot.

Ran when parked:

Lose a match while moving less than 4km from your starting point, while doing at least 10k damage to enemy ships. Can be earned more than once. Reward: Same as Baked Potato.

Edited by Nolo_00
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,431 posts
14,165 battles
47 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Got the idea from this writeup LWM did a long time ago, and I only stumbled upon recently. I know it's been said before, but this game could use some new (and fun) achievements, and I think some non-achievements are also in order. If you think of any others, drop them here!

New achivements:

Leonidas:

In a losing match, receive more base xp than the highest base xp earned on the winning team. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1X Mike Yankee Soxisix flag

Although written mostly tongue in cheek this one should be in the game but with the standard five flags.

On meat shield I seem to take more torpedoes that were not aimed at me than were because of my wild maneuvering style of play.

[LSNB]
Members
1,587 posts
4,409 battles

Most of these achievements seem to incentivize bad habits more than not. Players may misunderstand the meaning behind these achievements, i.e. intentionally using squishy ships to earn "Headshot". The decreased detectability is concerning for balance, too.

Edited by destawaits

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

THE LUCKY "AFKer"

Stay AFK for the first 30 seconds of the match because of superstition for good luck

Reward:  That Detonation flag.

"Blame Your CV Achievement"

Say one insult in chat.  Must contain one vulgar word and the mentioning of CV, Aircraft Carrier, or Sky Cancer

Reward:  That AA flag

[REVY]
Members
2,287 posts
12,285 battles
3 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

I like the Leonidas idea.

I agree

The rest..... not so much.

Also in regards to the Torpedo one...

9 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

Meat shield:

Die due to torpedoes targeted at another player. The other player must survive. Can be earned more than once. Reward: 1x Juliet Yankee Bissotwo flag

I don't see how you could possibly track this one. Torpedos are essentially a fire and forget weapon. They go off on a specific path and continue until they run out of fuel or hit something (unless bugged). They can even be fired in a general direction while not being specifically targeted at something. When they are 'aimed' at a target, any number of things could happen. The target ships turns down a different course, another enemy ship comes along and gets hit by them, a friendly comes along and hits them.

[ARGSY]
Members
20,158 posts
14,340 battles
9 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

Meat shield:

Die due to torpedoes targeted at another player. The other player must survive.

I would be inclined to say that the other player must specifically survive that particular enemy salvo only, otherwise you're at the mercy of a derpmeister who promptly goes and gets themselves killed some other way.

It properly belongs to the player who stopped the rescued one from dying right then and there - e.g. you ate the right part of a Shimakaze broadside for them that they were able to sail out of the way of what you didn't catch.