You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ClassicLib

Double First Blood - How Rare?

21 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles

3 man Div, Tier 5.  Myself and one of my divmates @novalesk gets a First Blood simultaneously.  While I've seen a First Blood simultaneously on the Green and Red teams, I've never seen one on the same team and certainly not in the same Div.

Another clanmate thinks this is pretty rare.  So, how rare is it?

unknown.png

• Cool 1

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,609 posts
10,459 battles

I've never seen one.  The game probably checked to see if one had been issued yet, by both kills individually.  Since none were issued at the time of the check, each player got issued one.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,016 posts
22,130 battles

At 18k battles since 2015 and I think Ive seen it two or three times. 

Members
9,159 posts
11,181 battles

Never seen it. I have however seen an instant double kraken, from the same div, me and a clanmate got it at the same time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,441 posts
14,165 battles

It is pretty rare and the ships have to die almost simultaneously.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,016 posts
22,130 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is pretty rare and the ships have to die almost simultaneously.

Ive wondered what the time frame is for both to be awarded. 

Members
187 posts
256 battles
2 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

Ive wondered what the time frame is for both to be awarded. 

Me too.

But that's pretty cool!

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles

In our instance it occurred in less than 1 sec.  I'll go back and find the replay and look at it again.

Members
3,598 posts
13,004 battles

Ive seen it maybe 10-15 times in my 10k games. I swear ive seen a triple first blood as well.

Members
890 posts
14,071 battles

In the old old days I had a battle where a red ship and my ship both got first blood on each other. It was odd because he clearly killed me first and I was also awarded, "It's Just a Flesh Wound," so the game knew he got me first. I am sure that has been fixed since, but I may be the only player ever awarded first blood and it's just a flesh wound for the same kill. I know it was the same kill as we were the first 2 killed and no one else died for quite a while.

[SIM]
Members
4,943 posts
8,026 battles

I’ve seen one or two double red First Bloods before, but it’s incredibly rare. Congratulations. 

[DUD]
Members
706 posts
2,470 battles

I actually saw this last week and was going to post it...   It happens when both teams get a kill within one second or so because the game registers it at the same time... 

EDIT:  Here we go

IMG_0984.HEIC

Edited by kishan99

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,854 battles

Don't believe I've ever seen a double first blood of any description.  I HAVE seen some rather interesting results when game events happen nearly simultaneously.  The most memorable was the time I got a 5-kill NON-Kraken.  Game was nearly over, and I had 4 kills.  With a few seconds to go, I launched torps at a red ship.  The torps hit, ship exploded, and game ended virtually simultaneously.  In the final stats, the game registered the kill, but apparently didn't have time to register the kraken, or the usual reward for a kraken.  I sent the replay to WG and they credited my account with the kraken rewards.

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles

8 hours ago, Prothall said:

In the old old days I had a battle where a red ship and my ship both got first blood on each other. It was odd because he clearly killed me first and I was also awarded, "It's Just a Flesh Wound," so the game knew he got me first. I am sure that has been fixed since, but I may be the only player ever awarded first blood and it's just a flesh wound for the same kill. I know it was the same kill as we were the first 2 killed and no one else died for quite a while.

I've seen this happen once and this makes sense as the two ships  can fire at each other at the same time and hit each other at the same time.  They are the same distance apart.  I bet it happens most often with two DDs encountering each other and landing torps at the same time.  This is a typical early game encounter.

What makes this even rarer is 1), on the same team and 2), same division.  This was a torp kill (DD vs DD) at a significant distance and a gun kill at roughly the same distance.  I launched torps well before my teammate shot shells.

Members
6,860 posts
15,357 battles

I've seen a triple first blood, might even have a screenshot of it somewhere. 

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles
3 minutes ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

Don't believe I've ever seen a double first blood of any description.  I HAVE seen some rather interesting results when game events happen nearly simultaneously.  The most memorable was the time I got a 5-kill NON-Kraken.  Game was nearly over, and I had 4 kills.  With a few seconds to go, I launched torps at a red ship.  The torps hit, ship exploded, and game ended virtually simultaneously.  In the final stats, the game registered the kill, but apparently didn't have time to register the kraken, or the usual reward for a kraken.  I sent the replay to WG and they credited my account with the kraken rewards.

I've seen threads over the years of end battle scenarios.  One where kills and clock timeouts happen at the same time.  Depending on timing you can win or lose depending on the server-client weirdness.

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles
2 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

I've seen a triple first blood, might even have a screenshot of it somewhere. 

That's probably a unicorn.

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

Getting double first blood (one red / one green) used to happen a lot more often than it does now. I suspect that over the years WG has tightened up the net code somewhat, and they’re better able to process the sequence of closely-spaced events. Back when I first started playing, it happened often enough that I originally believed that first blood was always awarded to each team and I just didn’t always notice the message in chat. (I figured out my misunderstanding pretty quickly, though.)

Now, getting two first bloods on the  same team... I’ve only ever seen that one other time, and it was a super weird circumstance. Two green team ships were both credited with the same kill and the same first blood. Don’t have the screen shots, unfortunately- it was a long time ago, but the green team was credited with 13 kills on the scoreboard at the end of the battle.

[INTEL]
Members
3,060 posts
16,842 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Now, getting two first bloods on the  same team... I’ve only ever seen that one other time, and it was a super weird circumstance. Two green team ships were both credited with the same kill and the same first blood. Don’t have the screen shots, unfortunately- it was a long time ago, but the green team was credited with 13 kills on the scoreboard at the end of the battle.

Now that's really wild.  But it kinda makes sense with some of the other things I've seen like when player gets a kill credited seemingly after it appears the game timer has expired.