Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpaceHerpe

Have a smoke fire effects issue

3 comments in this topic

[FNGS1]
[FNGS1]
Members
2 posts
6,895 battles

Before the smoke could be made semi transparent so you could see through fires on your own ship. Unlocked the arp ships and the cartoon smoke completely blocks all vision when the ship is on fire regardless of where it is. Is there a setting to make playing more manageable? Have limited fire effects in settings checked but still blocks all vision because the smoke is so thick. Its the same when the rear of the ship is on fire at full speed so should be able to see ahead of the ship.

Members
2,947 posts
36,731 battles
5 minutes ago, SpaceHerpe said:

Before the smoke could be made semi transparent so you could see through fires on your own ship. Unlocked the arp ships and the cartoon smoke completely blocks all vision when the ship is on fire regardless of where it is. Is there a setting to make playing more manageable? Have limited fire effects in settings checked but still blocks all vision because the smoke is so thick. Its the same when the rear of the ship is on fire at full speed so should be able to see ahead of the ship.

I am going to have to replicate this issue when I get off work, by getting set on fire.

Easy enough, nobody likes me.

Once I do I will adjust transparency in graphics settings and find out what setting will get it to reasonable visibility.

I will have your answer in about 9 hours.

[FNGS1]
[FNGS1]
Members
2 posts
6,895 battles

I remember there used to be a fog slider which made it easier to see figured its hid in the config now and we cant use it without knowing which line to alter. Have to still set fps manually after all these years so bet its in there.

Sign in to follow this