Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
enderland07

WG if you want me to play again you're gonna have to do better than bribing me with my own items

28 comments in this topic

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles

A few days ago I got an email titled "There is still 14706 Doubloons on your account" -

image.thumb.png.389d08be10cc89f067aa060c00fed0c5.png

I thought it was a bit amusing, WG trying to bribe me back to the game with my own money. Well played WG. 

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Today, I got an email titled "You still have unused Free XP" and from it I see that, shocking, I can spend my own free XP! Yes I have millions of free XP... but I know that. 

image.thumb.png.a811bed4b8db4ba7328a6b0053c71b57.png

Anyone have bets on what the next email from WG will attempt to bribe me with my own items? Maybe they'll tell me "Check out the USS Missouri, already in your port!" or something more entertaining?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 15
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
989 posts

WeeGee says.   You have these premium ships waiting for you in your carousel. And you already have them .. LOL

:Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
Members
6,948 posts
13,490 battles

You have 90 days of Premium time remaining.

CONGRATULATIONS !!  AS AN ADDED BONUS, HAVE THE NEXT THREE MONTHS TO PLAY PREMIUM TIME!!!

Alpha Tester
1,246 posts
4,975 battles

If I remember straight the next thing is three days premium time followed by a series of rental ships. I used to save the emails because they amused me but then they just got sad.

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,795 battles

Absolutely uncalled for, Enderland.

WG wants you to come back and play.  They are only letting you know the assets you have available.  Some may say they are a business and only looking for you to spend more.  But given the amount of assets you have sitting idle and being squandered I would think it a nice gesture by them to let you know where you stand.

You have left WoWs?  Well, given your attitude...good riddance.

• Cool 7
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,795 battles

Oops

Edited by Sabene
Error made and pointed out. Apology offered
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,174 posts
9,512 battles
3 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

You have 90 days of Premium time remaining.

CONGRATULATIONS !!  AS AN ADDED BONUS, HAVE THE NEXT THREE MONTHS TO PLAY PREMIUM TIME!!!

In my case....

shot-20_01.24_11_12.42-0735.jpg.e3a6df370ad9b3f7ea0ff40a3cf95120.jpg

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
14,998 battles
12 minutes ago, Sabene said:

And you are the commander of 007 and have abandoned your account?

Holy cow.  You have abandoned all your mates in your clan.

At least be a decent sort for a minute and pass the lead of your clan to someone who is active.

Does it feel good to spew nonsense when you have absolutely NO CLUE what you're talking about? Does it?

He can do what he wants. Your opinion on what he should or shouldn't do means SQUAT.

At least gather half a clue before you post next time.

Thanks.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,210 battles
15 minutes ago, Sabene said:

At least be a decent sort for a minute and pass the lead of your clan to someone who is active.

It would be incredibly easy to look and see if what you are saying is right (it's not).

[OO7]
Members
539 posts
6,753 battles

Next email:

Come back!  With random battles time shorter than ever, you can play more of your favorite ships for the same amount of time!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
525 posts
20,112 battles

I hope to see you again at least for the April's fool event so we can div. up once again! (if the event is at least good to entertain this year)

:cap_like:

edit: ahh yeah... i came back to the game after nearly 3 months on hiatus and i got the same msgs from WeeGee as u. But i will most likely take another one once i get all the tier X tech tree ships once again (only the tiers IX and X left both for French DDs and Italiand CAs)

Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,904 posts
11,584 battles
2 hours ago, Sabene said:

WG wants you to come back and play.  They are only letting you know the assets you have available.  Some may say they are a business and only looking for you to spend more.  But given the amount of assets you have sitting idle and being squandered I would think it a nice gesture by them to let you know where you stand.

considering what attitude WG has had towards the players lately, i say theyre being treated exactly how they deserve, need you be reminded of the insult of an apology and the blatant insult to the playerbase the CEO, if you can even bare to call someone with that attitude towards their own customers your CEO, gave, and the one by EarlGrey, do you need to be reminded of those? or are you just another white knight? Respect is earned, not given, and lately, WG has done nothing to deserve our respect

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
6,857 posts
15,308 battles

I detect nothing but humor in his post about WG's attempts to get him back in the game. He has his reasons for not playing. Just like it is their right to try and get him to log back in, it is his right to laugh uproariously at their attempts to get him to come back with things that he had already earned in the game. 

You have royally confused forum ranks with actual clan ranks. You are the Warrant Officer of VT? Who is your clan leader so I can complain to them about your behavior? :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,511 battles

Greetings Captain! Long time no see. A lot has happened in your absence and we are confident that you will enjoy the improvements to the game. The anticipated cv rework was a complete success. CVs are now better than ever, allowing captains to easily neuter an entire class of ship. Enjoy the thrill of bullying destroyers as they hopelessly try to run away from your endless supply of planes .  Randoms are now more competitive. Watch in amazement as half of your team fruitlessly dies within the first 5 minutes of the match. Feel the excitement of being your team’s last hope as you battle 9 enemy vessels. We have also made changes in the way special events are presented. Feast your eyes on the brand new dockyard where you will be mislead into spending over $100 to build a new premium ship and still not get it. All this an much more awaits you in World of Warships. 

• Funny 3

[-VT-]
Members
708 posts
32,795 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

You have royally confused forum ranks with actual clan ranks.

You are correct.  I did.  You have my apologies.

[SBS]
Members
5,897 posts
6 hours ago, enderland07 said:

I thought it was a bit amusing, WG trying to bribe me back to the game with my own money. Well played WG. 

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

Today, I got an email titled "You still have unused Free XP" and from it I see that, shocking, I can spend my own free XP! Yes I have millions of free XP... but I know that. 

I've gotten a ton of emails saying come back and we'll give 5 day rentals for ships you already own. :Smile_facepalm:

[LSNB]
Members
1,584 posts
4,409 battles
5 hours ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

April's fool event

So... when is bathtub map coming back?

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,121 posts
19,874 battles
14 hours ago, enderland07 said:
Spoiler

A few days ago I got an email titled "There is still 14706 Doubloons on your account" -

image.thumb.png.389d08be10cc89f067aa060c00fed0c5.png

BUT WAIT THERES MORE

image.thumb.png.a811bed4b8db4ba7328a6b0053c71b57.png

Anyone have bets on what the next email from WG will attempt to bribe me with my own items? Maybe they'll tell me "Check out the USS Missouri, already in your port!" or something more entertaining?

Beware, the next step is said dubloons/fxp, etc slowly decreasing to 9 if you have not logged in over a predetermined time period...

[4HIM]
Members
3,015 posts
12,550 battles

I recall a time when they were offering ships + 10 point captains and other bennies for returning players.  Seems they're getting a bit Grinchy of late.  

• Cool 1

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,378 posts
9,711 battles

This is a joke, right?  

WG can't possibly be using *this* as a way to get someone back.

...No wait, they are this dense.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.  Smh.

[BFBTW]
Members
4,181 posts
9,556 battles
38 minutes ago, CaliburxZero said:

This is a joke, right?  

WG can't possibly be using *this* as a way to get someone back.

...No wait, they are this dense.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.  Smh.

Luckily for me, I'm in the middle of a long and drawn out move so I'm not yet tempted to play again.

It does make me wonder who comes up with this type of email though.

Sign in to follow this