You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
theLaalaa

Zoup sinks the nail in one hit... the CV player is a troll.

200 comments in this topic

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

"Wargaming is basically signalling that they don't care about new players anymore."

Truth.

Predicting the game will die in 5 years is pretty optimistic with the developers' current attitude if you ask me.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 2

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,364 posts
20,047 battles

Well as WG has stated it is what it is and so I take my time and money elsewhere simple

• Cool 8

[SBS]
Members
5,900 posts

I won't call CV players trolls, it's WG that is the troll.

19 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

"Wargaming is basically signalling that they don't care about new players anymore."

Truth.

Predicting the game will die in 5 years is pretty optimistic with the developers' current attitude if you ask me.

I think between the game's current balance and WG's poor attitude the game is a turning point.  What WG does in the next year or so is likely what will have the game sink or swim.

Edited by Slimeball91
  • Cool 6

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
358 posts
2,039 battles

I was a DD main and have played very little since the CV mess.  Not coming back until it's fixed.  I can't quit... have too many rare premium ships.

• Cool 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,450 posts
6,499 battles

Yet I'd be surprised if this last event, holidays & PR fiasco wasn't one of the most financially successful events they've held? There was some interesting numbers thrown around on the EU forums about how much money got raked in for just PR.....  Pretty staggering.  Seems to always be dying to be so alive?  

• Cool 2

Members
270 posts
5,095 battles

+1/-1 MM for CVs anyone? I honestly feel like this wouldn't be that bad. Definitely not a fix, but it sure would help Tier 6 ships.

[KNCOL]
Members
786 posts
1,749 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think between the game's current balance and WG's poor attitude the game is a turning point.  What WG doesn't in the next year or so is likely what will have the game sink or swim.

This is the world of whineships community.... they only know how to blame, attack and generalize other players of the community even if it is WG fault.

A few ideas that may help improve the interaction between CVs and DDs:

1.) Remove rockets and let the CV player control what kind of bombs to put on his DBs before they take off (like how you can pick ap shells or he shells on any other ship).

2.) Change CV spotting so it is map only unless a friendly ship is close enough to your plane from which he would get a full spot

3.) Add fuel to aircraft so they can't indefinitely circle ships (you could even make a captain skill that makes it last a bit longer too )

• Cool 13
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[SIM]
Members
4,929 posts
8,006 battles

EVERY CLASS OF SHIP IN THIS GAME IS DESIGNED TO TROLL. Is it not trolling when a BB blaps a cruiser in one salvo? Is it not trolling when a cruiser repeatedly stacks three fires on that same BB? Is it not trolling when a DD keeps someone permanently spotted who will never be able to catch or escape them? Is it not trolling when a DD knocks out 75% of a ship’s HP with a couple of torpedo hits? Is it not trolling when radar or hydro negate smoke clouds and low ship detection ranges? 

This game isn’t going to hold your hand, it isn’t going to pander to your shortcomings. You can get over it, or you can get out. And sorry, but Zoup hasn’t been relevant for a while now. His commentary is all over the map, and it seems like he’s willing to say anything for a few clicks. 

Edited by SkaerKrow
  • Cool 31
  • Boring 9

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
2 minutes ago, BurglarOfBanff_ff said:

I was a DD main and have played very little since the CV mess.  Not coming back until it's fixed.  I can't quit... have too many rare premium ships.

Listen I play BBs, DDs, and CAs on a regular basis and I still have very good games even with the CVs. My 100% stock Shimakaze AA guns shot down 54 planes just last night in 1 battle. WG recalibrated AA guns I think it was couple months or so ago so that now DDs can put up a good fight. And often the planes will instead go after BBs and CAs which are larger sized and easier to hit if a DD they tried for dodge their attacks and shot doe their planes. And if the CV persists a DD can down some good planes if you focus the AA with the O key at the right moments.

So if your a DD main you should be able to return now, plus CVs have returned to mainly being weekend weapons just as they were before the CV Rework.

Members
1,674 posts
12,375 battles

I am DD main ( was )

I have switch to cruiser until CV problem is fix.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2

[WOLFG]
Members
9,599 posts
8,569 battles
8 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

Yet I'd be surprised if this last event, holidays & PR fiasco wasn't one of the most financially successful events they've held? There was some interesting numbers thrown around on the EU forums about how much money got raked in for just PR.....  Pretty staggering.  Seems to always be dying to be so alive?  

Maybe WG discovered that (through their nefarious spreadsheets) that the people that play and pay the most don't worry about all the things we worry about.

• Cool 2

[WOLFC]
Members
1,886 posts
9,949 battles

Smart marketing -  Gotta get the anti-(whatevers) to subscribe to your youtube channel BEFORE Subs come in.   That way, you will  be perfectly placed to take advantage of the even louder complaining that is about to occur.

• Boring 2

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
2,994 battles

I'm new to the game. Been playing for a few months. I like playing CV. I also play DD and feel it's fine.

I would say it gets out of hand when there are 2 CV's per team or more. 1 CV on each time is fine. Why not just limit CV to 1 per team max.

• Cool 1

[5D3]
[5D3]
Members
505 posts
15,152 battles
31 minutes ago, theLaalaa said:

his commentary, was stupid, I play DDs in the cv meta and I can deal with it. this is a dead horse, quit kicking it. new players join an experincentive clan.

• Cool 7
  • Boring 9

[HINON]
Members
3,254 posts
26,511 battles
15 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

^^ exactly ^^

0 posts
8 minutes ago, Koogus said:

1.) Remove rockets and let the CV player control what kind of bombs to put on his DBs before they take off (like how you can pick ap shells or he shells on any other ship).

2.) Change CV spotting so it is map only unless a friendly ship is close enough to your plane from which he would get a full spot

3.) Add fuel to aircraft so they can't indefinitely circle ships (you could even make a captain skill that makes it last a bit longer too )

Yes, those ideas (except rocket planes in this specific phrasing) orbit forum for some time now but wasn't given any consideration by WG (at least there was no response from official representatives wherever they consider this even for testing)

6 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

EVERY CLASS OF SHIP IN THIS GAME IS DESIGNED TO TROLL. Is it not trolling when a BB blaps a cruiser in one salvo? Is it not trolling when a cruiser repeatedly stacks three fires on that same BB? Is it not trolling when a DD keeps someone permanently spotted who will never be able to catch or escape them? Is it not trolling when a DD knocks out 75% of a ship’s HP with a couple of torpedo hits? Is it not trolling when radar or hydro negate smoke clouds and low ship detection ranges? 

Every class of ship in this game is designed to troll ... some other class. That is what you actually saying. (and no - example with cruiser capable of trollling BB by setting fires and DD inherently is not good because it concerns only few cruisers (e.g. Belfast and co) so not the class in whole)

That's how it supposed to be. And only CV designed to troll them all. And that's what is wrong. If CV would've been bane of some specific ship type ... well - it wouldn't be joy but it would be honest system, which can be balanced. But right now CV have tools to choose whoever to troll and no-one is safe.

• Cool 1

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,364 posts
20,047 battles
1 minute ago, Slimeball91 said:

I think between the game's current balance and WG's poor attitude the game is a turning point.  What WG doesn't in the next year or so is likely what will have the game sink or swim.

Well the game will last for awhile longer but the quality is disappearing quickly

WG knows that their games not very good all they're doing is trying to milk any new person before they quit in disgust, its a revolving door strategy

If you look at the player base most of them are new or not any good and don't even understand the game is a poor design

the new ones will come to realize the game is pretty silly and will sooner or later leave in disgust,  but hopefully not until they buy into a must have Puerto Rico or some other premium

This is where WG hopes they keep getting new faces to replace those that give up meanwhile the bad players remain and good ones leave

And that's where we are right now the good players leaving and bad players ignorant and happy with their cute boat game that they play maybe once a week 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,214 posts
9,362 battles
30 minutes ago, BurglarOfBanff_ff said:

I never play Shima anymore, which used to be my go-to ship. Current carrier implementation gutted the very essence of that ship, i.e. (1) objective control with the use of superior concealment (2) use of torpedoes which requires you to come quite close to enemy ships for effective launches. If a CV, by chance decides to go to you as you're doing any of these things, you're often going to be hosed. It's just not good to not have any effective counter play other than hanging back and being extremely safe, which I dont find entertaining: I dont care about stats that much, I want to have a fun time playing. CVs greatly reduced the DD fun element for me, is all.

So yeah. I've spent a few grand on the game in the first three years, thirty bucks last year (to finish Benham grind), and I plan on spending zero this year. Kudos WG, you've alienated a good number of old players, and you also very obviously don't care about the influx of new ones (otherwise we would have training missions and wouldn't have 3 CVs per side in tier 4). PR disaster and all that is just icing the cake.

• Cool 5

[SBS]
Members
5,900 posts
14 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I didn't see the discussion, but I suppose WG might have done okay on the PR event.  Even if they have how were the profits from everything else?  How long can WG expect to make money trying to harpoon whales?  Even whales don't have unlimited money/patience.  At some point they'll resent being fleeced for $200+ for every event.  What we're seeing is burning the candle at both ends.  That usually doesn't end well.  

[S0L0]
4,450 posts
6,499 battles
10 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Smart marketing -  Gotta get the anti-(whatevers) to subscribe to your youtube channel BEFORE Subs come in.   That way, you will  be perfectly placed to take advantage of the even louder complaining that is about to occur.

Zoup pretty notoriously jumps back and forth,  on and off the WG bandwagon.   Picking a hot topic to troll either WG one month or the player base the next..    Nonetheless as tired as I am about the constant threads from same dozen posters.....  DD/CV counterplay is in a pretty rugged spot right now, especially at low tiers,  so he's getting this one right this time.   Don't worry he'll reverse directions about the next hot thing.   .    

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,428 posts
14,165 battles
2 minutes ago, Koogus said:

This is the world of whineships community.... they only know how to blame, attack and generalize other players of the community even if it is WG fault.

A few ideas that may help improve the interaction between CVs and DDs:

1) Or allow AP bombs to be effective against DD's by giving them normal damage if they penetrate into were the citadel is instead of the almost automatic over penetration that happens now.

2) That is an idea, give the planes a more limited range that their spot can reach.

3) Fuel was removed from the RTS CV's back in alpha because it had no effect on the game. These are planes with many hours endurance and even with the time compression of the game they are never up long enough to get near that limit.

14 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Listen I play BBs, DDs, and CAs on a regular basis and I still have very good games even with the CVs. My 100% stock Shimakaze AA guns shot down 54 planes just last night in 1 battle. WG recalibrated AA guns I think it was couple months or so ago so that now DDs can put up a good fight. And often the planes will instead go after BBs and CAs which are larger sized and easier to hit if a DD they tried for dodge their attacks and shot doe their planes. And if the CV persists a DD can down some good planes if you focus the AA with the O key at the right moments.

So if your a DD main you should be able to return now, plus CVs have returned to mainly being weekend weapons just as they were before the CV Rework.

Any DD that has dual purpose guns has enough AA to bother any same tier or lower CV's planes. It is the tier 3 & 4 ships that generally don't have enough AA to deal with even tier 4 planes.

5 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

his commentary, was stupid, I play DDs in the cv meta and I can deal with it. this is a dead horse, quit kicking it. new players join an experincentive clan.

It is a real problem for any DD that does not have dual purpose guns. For the tier 3 & 4 DD's the attacking planes are slow enough that they can keep the DD spotted while they turn around for another pass so the CV player doesn't even have to guess where the DD will be when they launch their attacks.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,914 posts
11,593 battles

after what happened over Christmas, are we surprised at this attitude from WG? they showed what their true colors were with the PR disaster and now theyre just going to wear them with pride, its why im not worried about subs killing the game, because WG's new attitude towards its customers would have done sooner or later too, subs might just accelerate that process

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Confused 1

[S0L0]
4,450 posts
6,499 battles
2 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I didn't see the discussion, but I suppose WG might have done okay on the PR event.  Even if they have how were the profits from everything else?  How long can WG expect to make money trying to harpoon whales?  Even whales don't have unlimited money/patience.  At some point they'll resent being fleeced for $200+ for every event.  What we're seeing is burning the candle at both ends.  That usually doesn't end well.  

Could have been reddit... then copied to EU?  If I remember right.. poster was basing on unique players playing PR over the period of the event and when they appeared.   I don't disagree,  the sharp cost rises in these events probably mean something?   Though,  I feel OK in saying if players are playing, at least on this server,  more than likely a reliable percentage is still spending....I'll get concerned when I see a drop in players online in primetime, which despite the constant claims hasn't materialized yet.     

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
390 posts
11,061 battles

My ideas for CVs were blasted by a lot of people.

1. Make random battles where players can take a 20% exp hit for eliminating CV from that match.

2. Make a CV a fire magnet. It catches fire easy. While on fire it cant launch planes. Fires should do burn 20-30% longer than on a BB

3. When a CV is hit.... you not only hurt the ship but can destroy planes.

4. Make all caps have standing AA guns. You take a cap, your team now gets a 90pt AA defense over that cap. If enemy dont like it, they can take that cap.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7