Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

What to do with 30% off coupon?

8 comments in this topic

[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
456 posts
11,120 battles

Just got this coupon as a gift for my 2 year anniversary playing wows. Since the coupon expires in 2 days I was looking at the Poltava as it's one of the ships I don;t have. Would this be a good use for the coupon? I have everything else in terms of ships that can be purchased with the coupon which is why I ask.

Members
829 posts
4,679 battles

If you need a credit grinder then a JB or Georgia or Atlanta or Scharnhorst.

Otherwise dubloons or premium time (or one of the dub/premium combos).

[WOLF7]
Members
61 posts
2,095 battles

Same boat here. 4 year anniversary. Thinking of dubs that can be used later during sales. Have over a year of premium so don't really need that.

Members
3,097 posts
12,258 battles

A while ago WG patched their system so that you can’t buy discounted ship your already own and get away with full doubloon refund for it.  As far as I know this was only “fixed” for individual ship discounts, and not in case of coupons.  So, at least recently, you were still able to use 30% coupon to get discount on doubloons this way, but they might have fixed it as well by now.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,610 posts
9,428 battles

I used mine on a large doubloon bundle before Christmas. This allowed me to “double-dip” with discounts when I used the “ships for doubloons” armory coupons. It was a nice bonus that WG gave us those 3 extra coupons for New Years. I was able to pick up Warspite, Z-39, Perth, and Atago this way at significant discounts. I’m still sitting on the most recent 25% armory coupon, and when I decide to use that I can effectively get a ship for more than 45% off.

[HELLS]
Members
2,660 posts
27,035 battles

I got Roma with mine (because I like Ferraris, Italian wine, and italian ladies). Either of the USN T8 BBs is a good choice if you don't have them. I have both and they are great ships.

Sign in to follow this