You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LadyAnesjka

Uhhh...What ?

14 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
2,872 posts
16,265 battles

Looks like you took the enemy team to zero points.

[SALVO]
Members
24,789 posts
25,854 battles

Looks like a Mercy Rule victory.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles

You did well for what seems like a "Mercy Rule" ending by running them down to zero points. They happen on occasion even in Randoms. My problem today was not being able to cause a measly 40k damage for Naval Battles going 5 for 10, we are well ahead so it is all good but that was frustrating.

[NWOC]
[NWOC]
Members
1,016 posts
12,315 battles

Am surprised to see this in randoms. Happens all the time in coop, with average battle yesterday being around 4 mins. In one notable battle, self and one other player, both in good health, tho' not perfect, the game was 'mercy ruled'? with six bots still up, and we lost. Time 7.49 seconds.....

The end result of this [edited] is that players loose credits, flags, etc., WG makes more $$. 

Drop the mercy rule or, put another way, Mercy Kill it.

Members
4,349 posts
11,237 battles

C88B8147-8426-47B6-85A9-D023CEAEC1B3.gif

Definiteky looks like you got the enemy down to 0 or your team to 1000 very quickly. With such a short game, my bet would be the first one. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,417 posts
14,165 battles
6 minutes ago, Gruntdog_3 said:

Am surprised to see this in randoms. Happens all the time in coop, with average battle yesterday being around 4 mins. In one notable battle, self and one other player, both in good health, tho' not perfect, the game was 'mercy ruled'? with six bots still up, and we lost. Time 7.49 seconds.....

The end result of this [edited] is that players loose credits, flags, etc., WG makes more $$. 

Drop the mercy rule or, put another way, Mercy Kill it.

Even in co-op there is only one left more often than not.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,640 battles

Normal game these days... it's a mega steamroll. WG thinks there's nothing to see here. 

[WORX]
Members
10,626 posts
18,519 battles

DD and BB excelled... Which mean severyone failed on the red team...

That is rare... But it does happen... Its random after all

Edited by Navalpride33

Members
3,582 posts
12,963 battles

That's always been my tin foil hat predictor game, you see that many non clan members vs clan members; it's often a complete roll. Sometimes you can make it close, but a few players will need to typically carry hard. Maybe like 30% of the time the team surprises you and they play well and win.

shot-20.02.03_02.16.23-0686.jpg

[TORCH]
Members
594 posts
14,799 battles
5 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

That's always been my tin foil hat predictor game, you see that many non clan members vs clan members; it's often a complete roll. Sometimes you can make it close, but a few players will need to typically carry hard. Maybe like 30% of the time the team surprises you and they play well and win.

I largely agree with this.  I have no actual data to back it up, but it DOES seem to me like when there's a large disparity in clan membership between the two teams, the team with more clan members more often wins.  Why might that be?  Well, I can't speak for all clans, but since I do most of the recruiting for my clan, I think I have an idea what many clans are about.  To one degree or another, many clans try to recruit better players.  So, to some extent, clan membership is likely to represent a higher probability of more better players.  I would also like to think that clan membership DEVELOPS better players, though for me the jury's still out on that one.

Actual data on this would be interesting.  Also, I wonder about the obvious refinement...is a random team containing more, say, Gale league players, more likely to win over a team containing more Squall league players?  I don't have a feeling for that.  Anybody else?