You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
STINKWEED_

My team getting rolled is getting tiring. Playing WOWS less switching to other games.

88 comments in this topic

Members
3,073 posts
15,906 battles

I'm not just getting aggravated with how evenly matched teams has become a rarity but it's just becoming stupid how often my teams are getting rolled. For a couple of years I had noticed that each of my winning streaks was followed by an equally bad losing streak the very next day. It was practically on queue such that I was able to predict it 90% of the time.
Although I learned to deal with it, something new started happening lately. I started seeing losing streaks where my teams were being seriously rolled. I'm talking about 5 minutes in, half my team is dead and the enemy has all 100% of it's ships and all three caps. None of my lost battles were close games. We were totally rolled every time. 
More disturbing, I've been using Matchmaker Monitor which predicted the outcome with 100% accuracy. This isn't new. I've read about others with similar experiences. 

I work with numbers and logic in my IT business. I'm not a big believer in coincidence. I've played over 13k battles. I'm used to winning 50% of the time or a bit over. What I'm not used to is getting day after day of these types of losing streaks all of a sudden. It's statistically impossible. There's obviously something going on.

There is a flood of long term core players leaving WOWS and for good reason. If WG wanted to balance player MM they could have done so very easily a long time ago.  Whether you get rolled or roll the other team 10 battles in a row it's  %^&*' boring as hell. So much so that I started playing Age of Mythology again.   

Typical evening

shot-20_02_02_22_16.21-0030.thumb.jpg.5a270f934566b6d16f93162e4c7748ea.jpg

Typical battle

shot-20.02.02_22.15.54-0290.jpg

Edited by STINKWEED_
  • Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

Members
1,123 posts
2,117 battles

Co-op is the answer if you want to enjoy the game without the horrible failure to provide balance in fun we see in randoms.  I tried WoT again this past week, played it for years, and already uninstalled because it's just not fun being reliant on people who don't understand how to play.  WoWS is much more relaxing and fun to play but only in co-op.  Random is just frustration and annoyance waiting to happen.  

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SHPFC]
Members
285 posts
8,316 battles
26 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

More disturbing, I've been using Matchmaker Monitor which predicted the outcome with 100% accuracy. This isn't new. I've read about others with similar experiences.

So if it says your going to lose. I am guessing with you saying this your already disheartened and don't play to your full potential. So don't use such tools and do your best and hang in there. 

Frosty

• Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Members
5,364 posts
8 minutes ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

So if it says your going to lose. I am guessing with you saying this your already disheartened and don't play to your full potential. So don't use such tools and do your best and hang in there. 

Frosty

Yep, stop using the "I'm going to lose!!!!!" meter.  Then you'll actually try, instead of giving up before you start.

Or, if you insist on using that thing, just follow your own posted advice and play something else, so you don't bring everyone else around you down with you and your "I'm gonna LOSE!!!!" meter.

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Boring 5

Members
193 posts
9,182 battles

Funny how the red team is always dominant over the green team and humans in co-op are so much better than in PvP because it doesn’t matter because nothing matters in co-op. I play co-op some, bit only when I’m too buggered to think about strategy or tactics.

• Boring 1

[NEMO]
Members
127 posts
11,239 battles
14 minutes ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Frosty

Looking at his summary screen posted above, I would say he more than pulled his weight.

I understand the frustration though. Even Farm Simulator is getting more players these days, at least on Steam.

• Cool 2

Members
707 posts
5,735 battles

I've been playing other games more often lately because WoWS just isn't that much fun these days, due to a variety of factors.  I log in every couple of days, look at some ships, but just can't get into it enough to hit the battle button.  Maybe when the RN CAs drop I will log in a bit and see how they are, but frankly there is zero incentive for me to play right now.  Which really stinks, because I got over a year of premium time due to some crazy Santa crate luck, and it is just ticking down.

• Cool 1

[FE]
Members
61 posts
2,483 battles

There is one alternative to being at the mercy of the idiotic MatchMaker, but it takes some work and planning.  Put together a division of 4 or more players that you know and who know how to play.  Of course coordinating dates and times makes that often feel like work.  However, get that much experience on one side with people who know what they are doing and that will often overcome the MM's stupidity. 

But I know your pain.  I am really tired of looking at the battle summary at the end of the battle, and observing how often one side is stacked with experienced players in comparison to the other side.  Most of the time, the side with more experienced captains comes out on top.   And it wouldn't be that hard to have the MM consider captain experience along with the Tier level when it puts together a team. 

Maybe this is why I'm enjoying the scenarios a lot more.  But even there you sometimes get a team that just doesn't know what it is doing and loses badly.

[GOBI]
Members
1,083 posts
4,215 battles

I find myself playing less and less also due to current MM in random. When I do play now it is 95% co op. Used to play 10 to 20 random battles per day, now not even turning on my computer every day. While I do have some enjoyable co op games, the same can't be said anymore for random battles, the fun ones are few and far between. 

Something changed, I think the player base in random has shrunk a lot in the last couple of months. Queue size is small most of the time, nothing like it was just 4 months ago. Even fewer playing co op as the majority of the time my team is mostly bots. Did not play today, might not play tomorrow. And the sad thing is I really don't miss not playing  much anymore. If its not fun, what's the point?

• Cool 1

[TMS]
Members
3,350 posts
58 minutes ago, KAAOS_Frosty said:

Frosty

Information is power and stop with Implying things that were never said or implied.

Most of the unicums and superunicums use it.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles

There is some thing  weird going on with MM I just went through 5 weeks of hell getting swamped in every game . Now all of a sudden I cant lose I do 9700 damage die early and I still win my teams have been great for almost a week now it's crazy .

Members
124 posts
2,067 battles

You have to first understand the player's that complain about such bad teams/battle's. MM could be better with SIMM( Skilled based Match making) but we will know what will come next. The complaining about how unfair it is to skilled player's. Seen that back in AW and WG already said they wouldn't put it in the game.  Player's often use them to brag how good they are but yet don't was equal stats on both sides of the team. Hmmmmmm.

Anybody who played WOT knows of the constant complaining about having to play with such [edited] players but when WG ran three rooms to solve this  by allowing them to pick the room to match their skill level, those two rooms ran empty  80% of the time. My point is that people just want to complain about one thing or the other.  That will never change.

• Boring 1

[SIM]
Members
4,929 posts
8,006 battles

I hate to admit it, but WoWs is no longer the first, second, or third game that I reach for when I want to have fun. Wargaming needs to implement a persistent ladder game type ASAP so that players can have more parity in their matches. Giving away tier VIII, XI, and X ships over the past few months certainly hasn’t helped with the optics of this situation. 

• Cool 1

Members
174 posts
17,382 battles

What's the definition of insanity again... just do what i have began to.... don't hit it for hours on end if you logon and lose three straight logoff and come back in a few hours it's the unicum way imo for outrages WR.

All said and done i do think there is an algorithm at play here... just seems odd all wins one day all loses the other.

• Cool 1

Members
185 posts
3,359 battles

I've started to notice that it comes down to which team gets the competent DD play.  Radar, CVs and machine gun stupidity like Smolenks have been driving away DD players like mad.  I used to be a DD main and it's just not fun anymore. I imagine I'm not alone.  So, what happens is now it seems like there are so many bad DD players that you can tell within 3 or 4 minutes if your team is going to lose or not by how your DDs are playing.  It's becoming normal now to be 5 or 6 minutes into the game and have all the DDs either dead on my team or hiding behind islands doing nothing useful. Then, because there's no spotting the team just gets rolled. It's worse now than it used to be. A year ago, the game wasn't as unbalanced as it is now.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,426 posts
7,116 battles
3 minutes ago, WidochMeirker said:

I've started to notice that it comes down to which team gets the competent DD play.  Radar, CVs and machine gun stupidity like Smolenks have been driving away DD players like mad.  I used to be a DD main and it's just not fun anymore. I imagine I'm not alone.  So, what happens is now it seems like there are so many bad DD players that you can tell within 3 or 4 minutes if your team is going to lose or not by how your DDs are playing.  It's becoming normal now to be 5 or 6 minutes into the game and have all the DDs either dead on my team or hiding behind islands doing nothing useful. Then, because there's no spotting the team just gets rolled. It's worse now than it used to be. A year ago, the game wasn't as unbalanced as it is now.

This is a huge reason for teams losing. Those DD players who for the most part commit suicide in the first minutes of the game cost many teams a win. Smart DD players know how to be effective and stay alive. Rushing right into a cap with no support and and dying do to radar, cv or both is just foolish. 

Members
185 posts
3,359 battles
4 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

This is a huge reason for teams losing. Those DD players who for the most part commit suicide in the first minutes of the game cost many teams a win. Smart DD players know how to be effective and stay alive. Rushing right into a cap with no support and and dying do to radar, cv or both is just foolish. 

Yeah, but didn't you know them charging into a cap, getting spotted, smoking up so no one can see anything and then dying to radar is everyone else's fault?

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,717 battles

I hate all the rolls too.  I started playing 2017.   Most games it seemed to come down to 1 or 2 plays the better team made, but it wasn't a roll stomp.  Stomps happened maybe a 25% of the time.  I have been playing way more other stuff because of this.  I don't mind a defeat so much when both teams gave it their all and you get a chance to do something, but a game that lasts under 8 minutes is not fun.

[TF16]
Members
277 posts
12,515 battles

These kind of games started happening more often since the recent MM changes 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,165 battles

You know what I’m not a good player I’m really kind of at the mercy of my teammates . Yes sometimes I play really good but the majority of the time I’m a slightly below average player 47 % win rate . What I noticed is it’s not one ship types fault it’s not bad DD players or bad BB players anymore it’s a total fail by almost everyone on the team . We all end up in one cap and never move or we all yolo and die in the first 5 minutes . The other team is always positioned right smokes up for each other gets out on the flanks and creates cross fires . All our ships are parked behind an island hanging out in there cabanas as we lose . And it just seems that for the last two months there’s no in between and the streaks are much longer it’s weird . I’m not good enough to carry sorry I’m trying to get there but I have job and kids so I’m kind of at the mercy of the MM for now and it’s been bad to tell you the truth . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 3

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,318 battles

Or you simply get matches like this one I just had.

unbalanced.png

[TRU]
Members
602 posts
18,241 battles
9 hours ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'm not just getting aggravated with how evenly matched teams has become a rarity but it's just becoming stupid how often my teams are getting rolled. For a couple of years I had noticed that each of my winning streaks was followed by an equally bad losing streak the very next day. It was practically on queue such that I was able to predict it 90% of the time.
Although I learned to deal with it, something new started happening lately. I started seeing losing streaks where my teams were being seriously rolled. I'm talking about 5 minutes in, half my team is dead and the enemy has all 100% of it's ships and all three caps. None of my lost battles were close games. We were totally rolled every time. 

I work with numbers and logic in my IT business. I'm not a big believer in coincidence. I've played over 13k battles. I'm used to winning 50% of the time or a bit over. What I'm not used to is getting day after day of these types of losing streaks all of a sudden. It's statistically impossible. There's obviously something going on.

There is a flood of long term core players leaving WOWS and for good reason. If WG wanted to balance player MM they could have done so very easily a long time ago.  Whether you get rolled or roll the other team 10 battles in a row it's  %^&*' boring as hell. So much so that I started playing Age of Mythology again.   

Typical evening

shot-20_02_02_22_16.21-0030.thumb.jpg.5a270f934566b6d16f93162e4c7748ea.jpg

Typical battle

shot-20.02.02_22.15.54-0290.jpg

Man are you right.  I recognize your name from one of the games last night while you were in your Musashi.  One of your DDs was bold and nearly hit me with some torps early on but got nuked for doing so.  Soon after your other DD died in another cap.  

I want to say this is all random, but I too have "felt" the difference in a lot of the games.  Some days I can't buy a win and others I can derp hard and somehow my team still steamrolls them.  

For now I am sticking around because I like this game and with time constraints it is nice to play a few rounds and call it a day.  

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,754 battles

Yeah, I kind of thought that so I started playing WOT's again....still getting rolled only a LOT faster!

[WOLFG]
Members
29,025 posts
8,293 battles
8 hours ago, ruggus99 said:

Looking at his summary screen posted above, I would say he more than pulled his weight.

It never tells the whole story though.

I've had plenty of matches where I did "meh" until I was one of the last few left. Then, with the win in the bag for the enemy, some of them will YOLO me (or otherwise throw caution to the wind) and get blapped. I can easily rack up 70-100k on top of whatever I did before.

Probably not the case with the OP, but you can never really tell from the results screen.

[SALVO]
Members
633 posts
13,901 battles
24 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It never tells the whole story though.

I've had plenty of matches where I did "meh" until I was one of the last few left. Then, with the win in the bag for the enemy, some of them will YOLO me (or otherwise throw caution to the wind) and get blapped. I can easily rack up 70-100k on top of whatever I did before.

Probably not the case with the OP, but you can never really tell from the results screen.

The number of times I've seen the win thrown away is amazing.  Last night had a game where our Neptune simply had to sail away and keep out of sight.  Guaranteed win.  Instead sailed into 2 bb going broadside with no evasive turns.  Just before he was erased, he typed in chat "Why prolong the game. "  We had under 30 seconds left in the game.  He ended the game at the bottom with around 500 xp.  Had over 1k base in my tier 7, yet lost because he couldn't wait 30 seconds after doing absolutely nothing all game.  Had another where it was our dd, a bb, and me in the cv against the red CV.  Had them on points and the dd had just popped smoke while taking out their last DD.  He proceeds to scold the bb and I for not grouping up (which we were doing), then leaves smoke and takes a direct path to their cv down a channel.  CV kills him and then our bb who is right beside me in fighter cover of both my CV and my bomber squad.  DD blames the CV for not dropping fighters as we lose by 40 points.  It's definitely making this game harder to log in and play, despite doing well most of the time.