You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ridgevale

ARP Takao

18 comments in this topic

[FPWW]
Members
21 posts
4,028 battles

Just wonder what you guys think about the Takao as a collectors ship. Also I'm just wondering that if I were to buy the current pack that is for sale, would I get the blue camo as well as the red camo? Finally do you guys think the deal is worth the price tag.

Thanks

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,977 posts
20,644 battles

Blue cammo only.

Don't know about price, but it's an Atago in ARP colors.

A strong ship with a heal.

Members
4,339 posts
11,177 battles

If you’re a collector (real collector or just trying to fill your log), or a fan of the anime, you could definitely pick it up. If you buy the ship or any of the bundles with it, you will get both camos (as long as the listing includes the red camo). As to the value, Atago is still considered one of the better t8 premiums despite its age so it’s definitely worth getting if you want an IJN cruiser trainer and don’t have Atago and want an anime ship (since the base ship isn’t a whole lot more than the normal Atago and comes with the commander and mission).

If you already have Atago, personally I wouldn’t say buying Takao for the camos is particularly worthwhile unless you’re a collector or want an extra t8 premium for snowflakes that’s an identical clone of a premium you already own. 

Edit: Both the individual ship and the fleet of fog bundle include both camos. If you want a premium, like the anime, and feel the mission and 10-point commander are worth an extra $12, go for it. If you just want it for the premium ship but don’t really care about the captain or anime camo, just get Atago and save the extra money. 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

Members
386 posts
3,929 battles

I'm a free to play player, so I value Takao a lot (she was there when the ARP ships first came out, and could be earned via a mission). Now though, she's just an Atago with ARP colors.

I liked the anime, but not enough to spend money in the ship. If you really want the anime aesthetic, go for it. And on the subject of camo, I personally think blue looks better on her (plus low res computers might actually have difficulty rendering her against the ocean, so it actually functions as camo).

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
6 minutes ago, Captain_Suzuki said:

I'm a free to play player, so I value Takao a lot (she was there when the ARP ships first came out, and could be earned via a mission). Now though, she's just an Atago with ARP colors.

I liked the anime, but not enough to spend money in the ship. If you really want the anime aesthetic, go for it. And on the subject of camo, I personally think blue looks better on her (plus low res computers might actually have difficulty rendering her against the ocean, so it actually functions as camo).

I am hoping ARP Takao returns as a mission at some point since I too would love to get my hands on her as an Anime and IJN fan. And I am a free to play player as well.

[WK]
1,083 posts
14,896 battles
1 hour ago, Ridgevale said:

Just wonder what you guys think about the Takao as a collectors ship. Also I'm just wondering that if I were to buy the current pack that is for sale, would I get the blue camo as well as the red camo? Finally do you guys think the deal is worth the price tag.

Thanks

I think you will get her Blue Steel Camo, but just off of the description in the shop, it doesn't look like it. :cap_hmm:  From the portal, it points to you getting her Blue Steel Camo as well as her Fog Camo (obviously lol), but it's not clear either.   @Femennenly @Hapa_Fodder Could we get clarification please?

I've had Takao from the start, so I already had her Blue Steel Camo *when I bought the bundle.  This is why I cannot answer your question properly in regards to her camo's.

[LEGIT]
Members
2,328 posts
31,722 battles

If you don't have the time to play and get them for free; and you have the disposable income to spend, then buy them.  It's value for you may not be what it is to someone else who already has them for free  : ) but so what?  It's your time and money and if it's what you enjoy then do it.

[WK]
1,083 posts
14,896 battles

@Ridgevale

UPDATE:  My CO just bought the Takao bundle, and didn't have her before.  Got both Blue Steel Camo and Fog Camo.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles

Can you get the red camo without buying ARP Takao if you already have the blue one?

[-ARP-]
Members
779 posts
37,020 battles
13 minutes ago, DemonGod3 said:

Can you get the red camo without buying ARP Takao if you already have the blue one?

I think you can, since you will have to send them a ticket to wg, and have 4K doubloons ready

[-F-]
Members
1,674 posts
12,335 battles
3 hours ago, Ridgevale said:

Thanks

Is first one i plan to buy --- I hope is still here when my next pay come.

[-K-]
7,205 posts
9,337 battles
4 hours ago, Ridgevale said:

do you guys think the deal is worth the price tag

Atago / ARP Takao are very fun boats. The only thing that can easily get players in trouble and makes some of them dislike the ship is the short gun range (15.8 km can be painful, especially as a bottom tier). If you can live with that and with a below-average AA, the rest is good:

• Guns are hard hitting, both AP and HE are decent
  • Maneuverability is pretty good, 37 knots is nothing to sneeze at. Rudder shift (8.1) and turning radius (790) are workable
  • Low concealment of 9.3 allows you to stealth torp
  • Torpedoes are 10km and 62kts. The ship also has the best torpedo arcs among any cruiser in the game, by far
  • Heal is no longer as special for a T8 cruiser as it was back in the day, but it's still something many other nations don't have on their T8 CA/CLs

[ARGSY]
Members
19,984 posts
14,272 battles

If what you want is an Atago-class cruiser, the Atago herself is cheaper.  If you want the pretty glow-bote, you'll have to decide whether she's worth the significantly higher asking price.

If Takao had been like the Atago Black in the Black Friday 2019 event - same or slightly cheaper price but with the special-camo prettiness thrown in - I might have bought her. But the asking price for the bundle is just too much IMHO. Atago Black was less expensive than the original in the Black Friday sale (because she was the previous year's ship); if you can wait that long again, you might get yourself an Atago-class cruiser at a really good price.

Right now I'm thankful she wasn't offered as part of this grind; it would have made it much more onerous and possibly not reliably capable of completion around my real-life obligations. I don't know what's going to happen to the ARP ships after next Tuesday (due date for this event), so I'm grabbing the free ones I can get and sitting on my hands to await events. If they put on a grind for the Takao in 0.9.1, I'll have a go at it (while those who bought it with real money scream in rage, which is probably why WG will NOT offer a grind for her unless the compensation is in doubloons). 

[PVE]
Members
19,848 posts
12,024 battles
14 hours ago, Ridgevale said:

Thanks

14 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Blue cammo only.

Don't know about price, but it's an Atago in ARP colors.

A strong ship with a heal.

This^^^

Atago is a strong ship, so if you can get ARP Takao, then you have two Atagos.

EDIT: I have two captains for Mogami. A 155mm Cmdr and a 203mm Cmdr. The 203mm Cmdr is my Atago/Takao Cmdr as the ships are roughly the same as the 203mm Mogami, just a bit better.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,424 posts

You get both the red and blue camos as shown on the ship sales page images.  As a new Taco owner, I can confirm.

The original owners of the Taco don't have a CURRENT option to get the red camo.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
380 posts
10,940 battles

If they had a mission to get this ship, Id do it. Im not going to buy it as I already have an Atago. 

Just like all the ARP Kongos, Since they had a mission I got them. Only bene now is they are premium. 

I have the myoko and got the ARP myoko today from the mission. Once I get the T8 cruiser in the jap line... Ill probably only play the ARP Myoko and only play the tech one on snowflakes.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
5,977 posts
20,644 battles
4 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

This^^^

Atago is a strong ship, so if you can get ARP Takao, then you have two Atagos.

EDIT: I have two captains for Mogami. A 155mm Cmdr and a 203mm Cmdr. The 203mm Cmdr is my Atago/Takao Cmdr as the ships are roughly the same as the 203mm Mogami, just a bit better.

I have seen the 155 love and embraced it. 

If I want 203 action, Atago or Tak....