You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

Ersatz Yorck Battlrcruisers

9 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
122 posts
4,471 battles

Would it be better to only offer the Scharnhorst or Gniesenau in the tech tree as a single offering and offer a the 381mm guns as an upgrade to the standard 283mm guns like how the IJN cruiser comes with 15 155mm guns but can be upgraded to10 203mm guns? Then the Tier 7 premium could be the Ersatz Yorck Battlecruiser with 8 381mm guns and be comparable to the HMS Hood at that tier.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

Not really, how many Mogami's do you see with the 8" guns? I would like a premium Mogami with the 8" guns which she spent most of her life armed with. Now that would make for a nice premium.

• Cool 1

Members
623 posts
19,884 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Not really, how many Mogami's do you see with the 8" guns? I would like a premium Mogami with the 8" guns which she spent most of her life armed with. Now that would make for a nice premium.

155mm Mogami makes far more sense as a premium given the fact that the IJN cruiser line are heavy cruisers starting at T5.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Kingpin61 said:

155mm Mogami makes far more sense as a premium given the fact that the IJN cruiser line are heavy cruisers starting at T5.

True but I can hear the screams of money grabbing because most people consider the 6" armed ship the better option.

[SALVO]
Members
24,778 posts
25,829 battles
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

True but I can hear the screams of money grabbing because most people consider the 6" armed ship the better option.

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that Kingpin is right.  The IJN cruiser line is a HEAVY cruiser line, not a light cruiser line.  Also, I wouldn't suggest immediately making the 6" gunned Mogami into a premium.  If the devs decide to do an IJN CL line, it would be a good idea to have the 6" gunned Mogami available to fill a slot in that line.  (Of course, one of the Mogami's would need to be known by a different name, since I don't think that having a "Mogami-8" and a "Mogami-6" would be a good idea.)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Maybe, but that doesn't change the fact that Kingpin is right.  The IJN cruiser line is a HEAVY cruiser line, not a light cruiser line.  Also, I wouldn't suggest immediately making the 6" gunned Mogami into a premium.  If the devs decide to do an IJN CL line, it would be a good idea to have the 6" gunned Mogami available to fill a slot in that line.  (Of course, one of the Mogami's would need to be known by a different name, since I don't think that having a "Mogami-8" and a "Mogami-6" would be a good idea.)

Yeah, I can see the logic in making the 6" ship the premium and they could have a fairly easy mission to get it for those that have the tech tree ship or just make it a coal ship. There were four ships in the class so there are three names available Mikuma, Suzuya, and Kumano.

[SALVO]
Members
24,778 posts
25,829 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yeah, I can see the logic in making the 6" ship the premium and they could have a fairly easy mission to get it for those that have the tech tree ship or just make it a coal ship. There were four ships in the class so there are three names available Mikuma, Suzuya, and Kumano.

Not sure if we're having a mis-communication here or not.  I don't support the idea of the 6" gunned Mogami as a premium ship.  I would rather it got saved to be a tech tree ship in any future IJN CL line, at which time, the Mogami in the CA line would lose its 6" gun option.  And the "Mogami" in the CL line would need to use one of those 3 names you list above, instead of Mogami.  Or it could be the reverse, i.e. use "Mogami" in the CL line and use one of the other three in the CA line.  It might make more sense to do the latter since the Mogami class was originally a 6" gunned class of light cruisers.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
9 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Not sure if we're having a mis-communication here or not.  I don't support the idea of the 6" gunned Mogami as a premium ship.  I would rather it got saved to be a tech tree ship in any future IJN CL line, at which time, the Mogami in the CA line would lose its 6" gun option.  And the "Mogami" in the CL line would need to use one of those 3 names you list above, instead of Mogami.  Or it could be the reverse, i.e. use "Mogami" in the CL line and use one of the other three in the CA line.  It might make more sense to do the latter since the Mogami class was originally a 6" gunned class of light cruisers.

One or the other but the IJN mostly stopped making CL's in the 1930's and focused their limited shipyard capacity on CV's, BB's, & CA's.

[90THC]
Members
193 posts
9,274 battles

I think you're all forgetting Takao exists. If Mogami were to be transferred to a CL line, Takao could (and really should) take her place. Keep calling the tech tree ship Mogami, and possibly make her 8" armed version a premium using the name of one of her sisters.

Edited by CrescentSky
  • Cool 1