Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
GilHooverII

Skills for Republique - JB Commander?

4 comments in this topic

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
27 posts
8,182 battles

I have enjoyed the Jean Bart for some time and recently acquired the Republique.  I have a single 19-point Honore Commander to move between them.

Due to the prevalence of HE spammers in the current randoms meta, I am leaning to a hybrid approach that is "secondaries lite".

For my first 10 commander skills points, I have selected PM, EM, Superintendent, and MFCSA.

For my final 9 points I have PT, AR, HA, and FP.   I am trying to balance mitigation and secondaries.  Whatcha think?

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles

Secondary gun mounts tend to be very fragile on Republique as well as much higher chances of catching fire as well as weaker armor. Plus you can’t use secondary armaments protection module as your main gun could get destroyed instead. Only Warships a I have felt safe using the secondary Armaments mod on is Yamato and Musashi thanks to their very heavy main turret armor, and the fact their secondary modules are in need of added durability.

JB secondary guns feel like they do better, less chance of being set on fire, and armor feels stronger. So I actually now have a captain that jointly serves Normandie as I really like that ship and does well with BFT / AFT secondary build that it shares with JB.

Republique  gets it’s own captain thanks to its secondary guns only being good short term, and actually often just ending up as AA protection I would go for survivability build with AR worked in to help rate of fire, but allowing for maximum management of fires. I actually would take a secondary build Yamato into a brawl before I would do so in a Republique there days because of how soft Republique armor is. When I am using a CA at close to mid range I often switch over to AP shells and just score a lot of nice full pen AP damage on a Republique, long range I target a Republique a lot with with HE for easy fires. I actually used to use the Unique French captain with the improved AR and EM skills on Republique, but after a good number of battles Transferred him to Normandie as Republique was feeling like such a waste for his talents, which Normandie / Jean Bart he does well on.

Members
324 posts

I myself recently got the Jean Bart and am currently grinding towards Republique.   Would a FULL Secondary build (i.e. Advanced Firing Training [AFT], Basic Firing Training [BFT] and Manual Secondaries [MS]" work on Jean Bart as well as Republique

See....the issue that I am facing is that Jean Bart has a good chunk of her secondary guns on her aft end, which means that they are less useful unless (1) Jean Bart has an enemy situated behind her, or (2) Jean Bart is pushing forth and brawling side-to-side against other ships.    

But for Republique, she has most of her secondaries on her port and starboard sides, which makes it easier for her to bring most of her secondary guns to bear on any target simply by shifting to left or right side......

[WOLF3]
Members
306 posts
9,585 battles
On 3/9/2020 at 11:37 PM, Admiral_Mudkip said:

I myself recently got the Jean Bart and am currently grinding towards Republique.   Would a FULL Secondary build (i.e. Advanced Firing Training [AFT], Basic Firing Training [BFT] and Manual Secondaries [MS]" work on Jean Bart as well as Republique

See....the issue that I am facing is that Jean Bart has a good chunk of her secondary guns on her aft end, which means that they are less useful unless (1) Jean Bart has an enemy situated behind her, or (2) Jean Bart is pushing forth and brawling side-to-side against other ships.    

But for Republique, she has most of her secondaries on her port and starboard sides, which makes it easier for her to bring most of her secondary guns to bear on any target simply by shifting to left or right side......

The problem is mentioned already. There are far too many problems that need addressing to warrant a full build. You might think about MS+SBM1. It runs your secondarys out to 9km for dd defense and fires for when you do actualy need to close.

Sign in to follow this