Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gillhunter

25,000 Games

16 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,379 battles

I can't believe I am about to play my 25,000th game. And for those of you that might think I'm living in mom's basement, I'm a 67 year old that is semi-retired, and still work 25-30 hours per week and have a perpetual honey-do list from the wife. I play mostly early mornings and late afternoons. Past 5:00pm is wife time. LOL Lots of changes in the game since I started. I play co-op now 99% of the time.

25000.JPG.325c6d6d812b74687d19222bb9588b83.JPG

• Cool 11
  • Boring 1

0 posts

congratulations, also compliments to your wife for keeping you fit and active with a "to do" list.

[BEA5T]
[BEA5T]
Members
378 posts
14,423 battles

Congratulations on achieving 25K battles  :cap_horn:      I am twice retired ( Military and Fed Govt) and I have that same ole wifey designated Honey-Do list but I am so far skirting it a bit.   I am sure I will pay for it eventually.   As wifey is already complaining about all I do is sit in front on the computer and "Play games"  :Smile_facepalm:  

So maybe I need to take a que from you and find something meaningful to do as well...  

It is awesome to see fellow "old Timers\Grumpy old men" still enjoying playing these computer games.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,379 battles
14 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

congratulations, also compliments to your wife for keeping you fit and active with a "to do" list.

48 years ago I had a list with one project. After completing countless projects over the years I now have a list of at least 20 projects.

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
743 posts
6,688 battles

Well done sir! Active in game and where it really is important. I trust your missus appreciates your work on the list too. O7.

[META_]
Members
2,199 posts
7,309 battles
8 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

48 years ago I had a list with one project. After completing countless projects over the years I now have a list of at least 20 projects.

hilarious :o) 

I have categorized my lists, as it's easier to ignore, would be far too long on one list, and I have a lot of refrigerator magnets.

my favorite ex-GF tells me my funniest list was 'for god's sake do something on this list before it's too late'

on that list was 'lose weight'  'colonoscopy'  'get outside and get something done in the yard'  and  'dentist'

the longest list is 'car'   which includes near the top   'brakes'  'winter tires'  'heater'  and  'defroster'

the shortest list is 'wows'   'minotaur'   

[WOLFG]
Members
234 posts
6,625 battles

Holy Crap Batman, that's a lot of games.  Congrats to you and the balance you have in life.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
1 hour ago, gillhunter said:

I can't believe I am about to play my 25,000th game. And for those of you that might think I'm living in mom's basement, I'm a 67 year old that is semi-retired, and still work 25-30 hours per week and have a perpetual honey-do list from the wife. I play mostly early mornings and late afternoons. Past 5:00pm is wife time. LOL Lots of changes in the game since I started. I play co-op now 99% of the time.

25000.JPG.325c6d6d812b74687d19222bb9588b83.JPG

Early morning typically is the best time to play as late afternoon is often when the bad teams start up and continue into the evening. And congratulations on your battles. Are those mostly Randoms or mostly Co-Op?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
704 posts
28,379 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Are those mostly Randoms or mostly Co-Op?

12,885 are Randoms the balance is co-op, ops, ranked.

[RKLES]
Members
12,551 posts
14,267 battles
6 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

12,885 are Randoms the balance is co-op, ops, ranked.

That makes sense as Randoms take the longest, with Ranked being a little shorter, and Co-Op being the fastest battle mode there is.

[MERCB]
[MERCB]
Members
4,371 posts
20,047 battles
2 hours ago, gillhunter said:

I found out a long ago that I really enjoy the journey and not the destination

Therefore all my projects are never quite done because then the fun would be over lol

[WOLF9]
Members
660 posts
18,949 battles

Congratulations !!

I am far behind you in battles, but I am an almost 63 year old and love playing PC games (since the early 80s - Wolfenstein anyone?).  No wife (happily divorced twice now), but I have a modest me-to-do list.  To get back at my ex, I got all of HER kids hooked on PC games too.

Sign in to follow this