You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GSXstage1

Test Ships given to Certain Clans.

25 comments in this topic

[-CK-]
Members
854 posts
16,470 battles

I have been playing over 3 years and I have noticed certain clans Getting OP tests ships a lot. Does that not give them an advantage? I personally have never seen a test ship that was not terrible and had a bad effect on the person testing. Would giving out test ships to random players be more fair? They would not even have to be in a clan. Was wondering about the criteria for being able to test ships. The Public test has nothing to do with this BTW so talking about that is mute. These ships are in random games and only certain players of certain clans are getting them so they have a head start on the ship over everyone else as far as performance etc. Now, If what I have seen is incorrect and they do give out test ships to random players then I will gladly admit I was wrong.

• Cool 3
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[-CK-]
Members
854 posts
16,470 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Test ships are not given to clans.

I didn't make myself clear then. I have seen test ships given to at least one player of a certain clan many times. The player may be different but the clan is the same. I am not going to name names of course because I may not have all the info required. I am just stating what I have seen over a long period of time. Their seem to be 3 or 4 clans whom a player is given a test ship.

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

There are clan testers, they are clans that test clan related WG updates before they are released or go into public testing.   Test ships are given to ST's, CC's, CT"S and Privateers.  To be a clan tester you must watch for the openings when and if they occur and apply as per whatever the instructions involve just like you do for ST's, CC's and Privateers.

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Members
633 posts
9,476 battles

You can sign up to be a tester.  Many of the better known clans have very active players that have signed up for the program.

[WPORT]
Members
5,370 posts
10,403 battles

For the past several days a few Tier-10 ships have been sitting in my port under a special access restriction.  They're to be used in clan battles.
I think they're "rental" ships, or something similar.  They arrived without commanders.
I've been letting them enjoy the port hospitality and haven't played them because I'm not involved in clans & clan battles.
They're scheduled to depart, soon, according to their countdown timers.

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

For the past several days a few Tier-10 ships have been sitting in my port under a special access restriction.  They're to be used in clan battles.
I think they're "rental" ships, or something similar.  They arrived without commanders.
I've been letting them enjoy the port hospitality and haven't played them because I'm not involved in clans & clan battles.
They're scheduled to depart, soon, according to their countdown timers.

Yes those are rentals and change out every few weeks until clan battles are over.

[-CK-]
Members
854 posts
16,470 battles
4 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

There are clan testers, they are clans that test clan related WG updates before they are released or go into public testing.   Test ships are given to ST's, CC's, CT"S and Privateers.  To be a clan tester you must watch for the openings when and if they occur and apply as per whatever the instructions involve just like you do for ST's, CC's and Privateers.

Thank you for the information. Do you think then that the people testing end up having an advantage while testing or when the ship becomes available to everyone because of the testing?

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles
1 minute ago, GSXstage1 said:

Thank you for the information. Do you think then that the people testing end up having an advantage while testing or when the ship becomes available to everyone because of the testing?

Nope...as a tester myself, I am just learning about the ship.  I also tell folks in game if it has special mods like radar and fast torps (swedish line is a good example).  

[WPORT]
Members
5,370 posts
10,403 battles
5 minutes ago, BaronVonTom said:

Yes those are rentals and change out every few weeks until clan battles are over.

Thanks.

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles

Also folks...if you are interested in any of these programs......Fem and Gne do a good job of announcing openings and providing info about these programs....usually under news and announcements but they may be spread out in here.....just run a search on Supertesters, privateers, clan testers, and Community Contributers.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,877 posts
4,881 battles

I not a tester myself but modders do get test ships every update for the last year

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles
1 minute ago, MajorRenegade said:

I not a tester myself but modders do get test ships every update for the last year

You are correct I believe and that is another program I just forgot about...thanks!!!

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles

As a previous Supertester and now a Privateer.....these programs are pretty damn good.   If you want to see the game from a different prospective I highly recommend them.  I have not been a CC or CT but they look pretty good.   One thing.....make sure you have the time to provide the help.  Don't be afraid to apply even if you are below average.  They take folks from all over the world and of all skill levels.  You just need to be motivated and have the time.  Additionally, when applying once the openings are announced, read and complete the application requirements to the tee.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,562 posts
11,136 battles
49 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

I didn't make myself clear then. I have seen test ships given to at least one player of a certain clan many times. The player may be different but the clan is the same. I am not going to name names of course because I may not have all the info required. I am just stating what I have seen over a long period of time. Their seem to be 3 or 4 clans whom a player is given a test ship.

But they cant play a test ship in clan battels right so what does it matter . I though works in progress couldn't be played in clan battels 

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles

Test ships cannot be played in operations or clan battles or coop UNLESS the devs want them tested in a certain environment.  Randoms is where they almost always get tested.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[-CK-]
Members
854 posts
16,470 battles
10 minutes ago, clammboy said:

But they cant play a test ship in clan battels right so what does it matter . I though works in progress couldn't be played in clan battels 

Some clans do not participate in clan battles.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,238 posts
12,577 battles

It's human nature to find patterns in nature and their environment to formulate ways to take advantage or avoid repeated mistakes. It improves ones' ability to adapt and promote progression.

This is not one of them.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles

As others mentioned, there are certain groups of players that get access to WiP ships on the life server. These groups are:

- Community Contributors
- WarGaming Employees
- Supertesters
- ClanSupertesters (at least I think so, not sure tbh)
- ModMakers
- Privateers

Almost all of these have at some point been random players before they decided to contribute in one way or another, and before WG decided to invite them into thes respective program.

As for the criteria to test ships, they should be rather obvious but just in case, doing the respective group one at a time:

CCs:

Base requirements are:

• YouTube - Monthly average of 300 or more views per video/stream on YT and 1200 total monthly views for the last 90 days. or,
  • Twitch - Have an average of 30+ viewers per WoWs stream on Twitch & minimum of 2 streams a month for the last 90 days.
  • If your content is of another media, it will be assessed separately - please provide appropriate statistics as part of your application.
    • Suggested for Website: Visitor hits, visitor growth, etc
    • Suggested for Podcasts: Download rates, number of listeners, etc

WarGaming Employees:

duh.

Supertesters:

Supertesters are expected to be capable of filing out detailed reports of bugs and issues they find within the game as well as completing surveys on new ships and maps. They must be able to give clear evidence for the issue, and offer their best judgement towards a solution.
Supertesters are expected to be knowledgeable about game mechanics, in-game balance, and have some idea about the state and preferences of the larger game community. From this knowledge they give balanced and reasoned opinions.

Clan Supertest:

Join a clan that is part of the CST program.

ModMakers:

No hard cut requirement I know of, create a mod(pack), keep it up to date, wait for WG to recognize you and your modpack. Sometimes it goes really fast, sometimes it takes time.

Privateers:

The sort of players the Privateer Program will include could be: 

• event organizers.
  • model makers.
  • wiki editors etc.
  • volunteer moderators.
  • People we believe add and contribute to the World of Warships community and deserve this reward and recognition.

As you can tell, most of these requirements have little to nothing to do with clans. You can be a player without any clan tag and get test ships.

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,042 posts
11,191 battles

People will go out of there way to kill test ships that dosnt help the testers get good info on how the ships works, how many times have I been spotted in a test ships and then have the whole other team lemming over to me.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,383 posts
14,152 battles
2 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

This, they are given to CC's and supertesters.

6 minutes ago, Shigure_DD said:

People will go out of there way to kill test ships that dosnt help the testers get good info on how the ships works, how many times have I been spotted in a test ships and then have the whole other team lemming over to me.

I always take the best target when possible but I have seen that extra focus on the test ships.  There are too many DD test ships right now but I will have to bite the bullet and my karma rating and take them out.

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,179 posts
26,077 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, they are given to CC's and supertesters.

I always take the best target when possible but I have seen that extra focus on the test ships.  There are too many DD test ships right now but I will have to bite the bullet and my karma rating and take them out.

Incorrect.   Privateers and clan testers also get them. Check Sirene's post as he goes more in depth.

Edited by BaronVonTom

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
7,883 posts
11,568 battles

i think its probably due to just about everyone in the game being in a clan nowadays

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,321 posts
19,456 battles

Every player who has access to test ships has it through one of the programs mentioned above. One of them IS clan-based (Clan SuperTest, CST). A rep might be able to tell you more. The rest are individual.

But as for test ships being OP... well, some of them are. And others are exactly the opposite. In the end, it's why they're in testing, so they don't get released at either extreme.