You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
daikujin

TK in clan battles

13 comments in this topic

[SMOKD]
Members
41 posts
11,056 battles

Have seen this a few times in the past couple seasons. Is it against WG rules to TK a low HP/ gonna die teammate to deny the other team the kill points? Had this happen last night again with a ship that was perma burning and gonna die due to fire only to see it get killed by guns from another red. Is it worth sending a replay to WG or just suck it up and leave it alone?

Members
6,621 posts
20,628 battles

The only thing that matters is winning or losing, if it affected the outcome of the match, yes. If its over an extra 20xp one player may have received... no.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

Pretty sure they addressed this in a patch a while ago and that the points given are the same regardless of who gets the kill.

[HINON]
Members
13,250 posts
33 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

Pretty sure they addressed this in a patch a while ago and that the points given are the same regardless of who gets the kill.

This ^

Tking your teammates is only harmful to your own team now.

[SMOKD]
Members
41 posts
11,056 battles
53 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

I’ll have to check the replay, but don’t remember seeing our team gaining points from it. 

[TBB]
Members
62 posts
19,506 battles

Did they do it for denying of points, or did they do it to hurry up and speed the end of the battle? Some teams will just try to "wipe it" if it's obvious who will win so they may more hurriedly advance to the next fight.

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles

This has been brought up a few seasons ago where a clan trolled another into thinking that the TK denied points. A simple review of the replay would have told them that this was not the case, doesn't matter how you died, your team lost points while the other gained them. But instead said clan decided to make a huge drama about it and made themselves look rather... oh well.

[KSF]
-Members-
6,960 posts
10,605 battles

It isn't against the rules.

Somebody's salty...not surprised.

[CAST]
[CAST]
Members
2,607 posts
10,459 battles
2 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This^^^

It would have been a valid tactic if it were allowed, but not one that should be in the game.

We had a couple of back to back games where one of our ships TK'd one of our own.  It wasn't to deny the enemy anything.  It was a complete mistake both times.  And, there was a lot of poking fun at that player.

Members
5,364 posts
12 minutes ago, Murcc said:

We had a couple of back to back games where one of our ships TK'd one of our own.  It wasn't to deny the enemy anything.  It was a complete mistake both times. 

I have it happen once in a while where I have a green and a red on the same line of bearing from me, and one is further than the other.  I accidentally settle on the wrong one, in a view where I can't see their marker, and then I shoot them.  Whoops!  

Doesn't happen often, but I think I've done it five or six times...  :cap_old:

[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles

Yeah, there's no benefit to TKing in clan battles, other than the other team having a good laugh at you. We've run into a couple times where it happened to us- our BB took a shot, someone else was unaware and jumped out from behind an island, and both target and friendly got dev-struck. It's funny as hell when it happens, but not nearly as funny as when the other team does it.

[-VT-]
Members
781 posts
9,244 battles
1 hour ago, LT_Rusty_SWO said:

Yeah, there's no benefit to TKing in clan battles, other than the other team having a good laugh at you. We've run into a couple times where it happened to us- our BB took a shot, someone else was unaware and jumped out from behind an island, and both target and friendly got dev-struck. It's funny as hell when it happens, but not nearly as funny as when the other team does it.

The only time I ever saw purposeful TKing was when enemy team was winning, but they wanted to make sure they killed everyone on our team, so they killed their lowest hp player to delay the win.

• Funny 1