desmo_2

Super Bowl LIV

16 comments in this topic

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

I have been a Chiefs fan for 30+ years (since the Cardinals moved from St. Louis to Arizona).  I have seen some pretty bad Chiefs teams during that time, and I have seen some dominating Chiefs teams that just couldn't go anywhere in the post-season.  Joe Montana led the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in '93 (would have been Jan '94), but that was the only blip of hope in a long era of crushing playoff disappointments.

But, it is a new era.  The Chiefs were an off sides away from the Super Bowl last season, but this year they are back and have made it.  I am not attending any Super Bowl parties.  I just don't think I can divide my attention that much.  I will be sitting in my basement with my beer fridge, my snacks and my TV (my wife can watch, too).  I am nervous as hell as the day starts.  The 49ers are a darned good team.  But, my Chiefs have something special and I think have a real shot at winning this thing.

My St. Louis Blues won their first Stanley Cup last season, a 50 year struggle.  Now it is time for the Chiefs to end their 50 year drought.

LET'S GO CHIEFS!

• Cool 1

[IHW]
Members
75 posts
26,668 battles

Hello, Should be a great game. I am hoping for a different outcome from you. My main concern is that it is not a blow out for either team. I plan on enjoying the game no matter the outcome. Good Luck  

Members
265 posts
4,837 battles

Ummm yeah. Right. 

You know the other team is pretty good too (probably better).  Even tho they didn't get the memo on downtown stadiums. 

Let's take you back to the days when the NFC Championship was the real championship game, except this time it's the NFC West.  9ers already beat Seattle,  so this will just be the coronation. 

(Did i trash talk good enough?)

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
57 minutes ago, Comrade_Nemo said:

Ummm yeah. Right. You know the other team is pretty good too (probably better).

Yes.  I covered that:

2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I am nervous as hell as the day starts.  The 49ers are a darned good team.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,180 battles

I would love to see Andy Reid get a super bowl he's been a great coach for a long time . In this day and age you need a super bowl win or people and the press will tend to discount your achievements some what .

Should be a great game feel like the Chiefs defense is going to have to step up to win this game . San Francisco's the better balanced team the Chiefs offense may be better but the 49er defense is way better and there offense is good too .

Might come down to turnovers usually in these big games the best defense and the team that makes the least mistakes wins the game . Love the way G . Kittle plays the game love the way  P . Mahomes plays the game I don't know who to root for .

So I'm going to root for my numbers to come out in the few SB pools that I'm in . Good luck to whoever your rooting for today unfortunately I'm a Dolphin fan so I have to wait another 10 years but you never know .

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles
21 minutes ago, clammboy said:

feel like the Chiefs defense is going to have to step up to win this game

You mean the Chiefs defense that has been one of the best in the league since Week 11?  :cap_tea:

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,180 battles
42 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

You mean the Chiefs defense that has been one of the best in the league since Week 11?  :cap_tea:

They played some offensively inept teams the last 5 game of the season the  Chargers , Raiders  , Pats  , Broncos , Bears  . They also gave up 24 points to Texans in one quarter then the there special teams and offense bailed them out and they played really good after that but they wont get away with that against the 49ers . I'm just saying they need to play well because the 49ers have a good offensive scheme they run the ball really well . The coach is smart and he learned his lesson the hard way in the super bowl loss to the Pats . He's turned into a run first then pass off the play action and control the ball he's smart just like Andy Ried they both design great offensive plays . Should be a great game I wish your Chiefs luck  . I will post at half time to discuss the game Ok .

Edited by clammboy

[PIZZA]
-Members-
1,180 posts
26,127 battles

Chiefs, Chiefs and more Chiefs.   Both teams have the offensive and defensive weapons with excellent coaching.  I think this comes down to turnovers.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,180 battles
15 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

I have been a Chiefs fan for 30+ years (since the Cardinals moved from St. Louis to Arizona).  I have seen some pretty bad Chiefs teams during that time, and I have seen some dominating Chiefs teams that just couldn't go anywhere in the post-season.  Joe Montana led the Chiefs to the AFC Championship game in '93 (would have been Jan '94), but that was the only blip of hope in a long era of crushing playoff disappointments.

But, it is a new era.  The Chiefs were an off sides away from the Super Bowl last season, but this year they are back and have made it.  I am not attending any Super Bowl parties.  I just don't think I can divide my attention that much.  I will be sitting in my basement with my beer fridge, my snacks and my TV (my wife can watch, too).  I am nervous as hell as the day starts.  The 49ers are a darned good team.  But, my Chiefs have something special and I think have a real shot at winning this thing.

My St. Louis Blues won their first Stanley Cup last season, a 50 year struggle.  Now it is time for the Chiefs to end their 50 year drought.

LET'S GO CHIEFS!

Congrats on the Chiefs victory happy for Andy Ried  he deserves it . Just want to add that T . Brady has made it look so easy to come back on final drives to win games that we have been spoiled . The 49ers had no chance once they were behind there's only one T . Brady and I hate him I'm a Dolphin fan but he's the best ever . Disclaimer that's for now P . Mahomes  look pretty special .

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,180 battles
14 hours ago, Ram101_1 said:

Hello, Should be a great game. I am hoping for a different outcome from you. My main concern is that it is not a blow out for either team. I plan on enjoying the game no matter the outcome. Good Luck  

Condolences on the lose …. The 49ers played great for 3 quarters but the strength of the team there defense let them down in the 4 quarter . On top of that the offense could generate nothing once they fell behind Chiefs Defense played great when it counted .

[O_O]
Members
6,450 posts
15,349 battles

That is a darned good 49'ers team!  The Chiefs just couldn't seem to break out against that stifling defense...and then they convert a HUGE 3rd and 15.  After that it was a Chiefs whirlwind; three unanswered touchdowns in a flash.  Getting up this morning and turning on the news...I am still stunned and trying to grasp the reality that the Chiefs have WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!  :cap_horn::cap_haloween::cap_wander::cap_win:

Members
3,101 posts
6,694 battles

I'm super pleased. That Mahomes 44-yard bomb to Tyreek Hill on third and a mile to bring the game to 17-20 was amazing. Good game throughout. 

I swear though, there is a point when you can just see a team's morale break. Mahomes is a great team leader in addition to a great QB, and the team cohesion that let the Chiefs come back from a double-digit deficit in I think every postseason game this season is honestly probably their strongest asset. You could see the 49ers suddenly acquire Tiny Heart Syndrome as their lead evaporated, then they just died when Garoppolo got sacked on fourth and ten when they were only four points down... and then the Chiefs' morale just soared until the rest of that last quarter just went full ROFLstomp.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

There's some stupidity on the 49ers part, and this is coming from a Niners fan.

The first issue I really had was the closing minutes of the 1st half.  IIRC, the 49ers got the ball back with almost 1.5 minutes of time before Halftime, and Shannahan was doing some stupid sh*t, wasting a precious Super Bowl possession like such things were a dime a dozen.  You SAW it when the Niners were getting the ball back, the camera showed GM John Lynch clapping and was assuming Shannahan was going to call a Time Out, so the 49ers Offense would have time to try and do something.  Instead time was being burned, the Niners caught a break during the drive but there wasn't any time left to make it matter.

That was infuriating for me to watch.  San Fran's offense was starting to do okay at that point in the game, and Shannahan had them sit on the ball and goof around inexplicably.

The next infuriating, game killiing sequence was the last 10 or so minutes in the 4th Quarter.  The Niners had a TEN POINT LEAD.  What did they do?

PASS.

Not only try to Pass, but FAIL in doing it, stopping the clock and let the Chiefs have a better opportunity to pull off their comeback with more time left in the game.  An absolutely critical moment was when the Chiefs scored, the Niners get the ball back and so something stupid like a 3-and-out with a bunch of pass plays.

What.

The.

F--k.

6.4.  That was San Francisco's Yards per Rushing Attempt.  And Shannahan gave up on the running plays.  Not only that, with the running game yeeted out of Miami by Shannahan, this deprived Garoppolo of his greatest comfort for that game... The play action pass.  The guys calling the game had brought up how effective Garoppolo was in the play action, when the Niners were running the ball and the QB chucked the ball every now and then for good effect.  The 49ers had been running very effectively, whether it was some trick plays using WRs, using Running Backs to the side or up the middle.  But Shannahan gave up on the run.  Not only that, with all those sh*t executed pass attempts for incompletions, stopping the clock conveniently for Reid and Mahomes.

It was real stupid.  The 49ers defense had been doing real good, but those stupid calls, not taking time off the 4th Quarter Clock by the Offense, put tremendous pressure on the Defense to keep playing perfect.  I mean, how many times are you going to hand Mahomes the ball in the 4th Quarter, take no time off the clock, and expect NOTHING BAD TO HAPPEN???  I swear, the San Francisco 49ers of the 4th Quarter in the Super Bowl looked like nothing the team I watched prior to that quarter.  The 49ers I watched would take a substantial lead that was earned, and have the run game go down people's throats until the game was over for a win.

There's also the the Emmanuel Sanders being terribly overthrown when he had the Chiefs secondary beat.  I hope Jimmy thinks long and hard about that throw in the offseason.

I'm not saying the 49ers gave the game away.  The Chiefs TOOK the game away, and with the stupid playcalling and Quarterbacking, this was an easier time for KC. The 49ers deserved to lose this.

It was wasted.  Good running game, a good defensive performance for most the game to include 2 interceptions of Mahomes where he was looking kind of lost for a significant portion of the game, 10pt lead in the 4th Quarter, squandered by stupidity and ineptness.

Edit:  Here's another thing.  The 49ers were paying Garoppolo for $137 million on a 5 year contract, and we can barely trust the dude to pass.  Throughout the season I had always wondered which Jimmy Garoppolo we'd get.  The one that won a shootout at New Orleans against Drew Brees?  Or the guy I get nervous about when he touches the ball and does some stupid passes for turnovers, or a boatload of fumbles.  I always count on this guy for 1-2 turnovers a game.

The 49ers are paying $137 million for this?

He better do some offeseason soul-searching or something, train with a 1980s movie training montage or whatever the f--k, but we can't have a $137 million QB be someone that we can hardly trust the ball with.

He is the weakest link to the 49ers.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF3]
Members
27,081 posts
23,857 battles

Screenshot from YouTube.  It's a pattern.

rqVqyp9.jpg

I don't understand.  Through the season, through the playoffs, Shannahan when he had an advantage would press the foot down on the throat of the other team with the running attack until victory was theirs.  But when it mattered the most, when the Niners had that advantage in the SUPER BOWL, he didn't do that.

6.4 yds per rushing attempt against the 26th ranked run defense.

Thrown out the window.

The 49ers' offense was built for the run.  They had the lead.  The Chiefs couldn't stop the run, not with 6.4 yds per attempt.  They had the advantage.

Yet Shannhan yeeted the running game, the identity of the 49ers that got them to the Super Bowl.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2874423-tyrann-mathieu-says-chiefs-were-grateful-when-garoppolo-threw-in-super-bowl

immy Garoppolo #10 of the San Francisco 49ers

Some additional fun stuff I found when I visited an Atlanta Falcons Reddit :Smile_veryhappy:

Post image

Post image

This is what we're getting out of a 5 year, $137 million contract for our Quarterback.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway