Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph_Vargr

Ahhh, Co-Op Is So Much Nicer, Now

30 comments in this topic

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

Feeling much better now, after my departure from controlled flight, yesterday.

So, I realized I liked co-op much better than randoms. Why? The bots were nicer than the humans.

If there is one thing that could I could change about WOWS, it would be a completely PVE mode. No other humans but me, at all.

And, this isn't about my horrid stats: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1008799019,Ralph_Vargr/

Enjoy the good laugh. Helena seems to be my best all-around ship. It's pure guns, just like Charleston/STL. Torpedoes just get me into trouble. I spent five million on 
Ranger, and the gameplay was just like nails on a chalkboard.

It's about enjoying the game, free of the humans. Closest now to that is co-op. Going above T7 isn't much fun for me. And, for me, the time and credit costs of running a higher tier ship don't return the utility that they should, in fun.

I've spent enough money. You can't get the time, or the real cash, back. I'm just going to enjoy playing the game. Co-op is that place.

• Cool 18

0 posts
27 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

If there is one thing that could I could change about WOWS, it would be a completely PVE mode. No other humans but me, at all.

the training room is there just for this purpose. Go bash bots to your heart's content, with or without AI bot team mates.

many of us do.

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
28 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

New Orleans. 

That's the problem right there.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,391 posts
9,822 battles
4 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

So, I realized I liked co-op much better than randoms. Why? The bots were nicer than the humans.

And, this isn't about my horrid stats: https://na.wows-numbers.com/player/1008799019,Ralph_Vargr/

Enjoy the good laugh. Helena seems to be my best all-around ship. It's pure guns, just like Charleston/STL. Torpedoes just get me into trouble. I spent five million on 

It's about enjoying the game, free of the humans. Closest now to that is co-op. Going above T7 isn't much fun for me. And, for me, the time and credit costs of running a higher tier ship don't return the utility that they should, in fun.

I've spent enough money. You can't get the time, or the real cash, back. I'm just going to enjoy playing the game. Co-op is that place.

Welcome to the Dark Side! The cookies are right next to the beer keg over there. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
1 hour ago, So_lt_Goes said:

Welcome to the Dark Side! The cookies are right next to the beer keg over there. :Smile_teethhappy:

Thanks! :Smile_teethhappy:

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
5 hours ago, LoveBote said:

the training room is there just for this purpose. Go bash bots to your heart's content, with or without AI bot team mates.

many of us do.

Yes, but you can't win a Puerto Rico there. :Smile_teethhappy:

It's also a statement about the game, and it's players, by itself. All competitive activities have corruption of some kind, but this one is like a MENSA convention, populated by members who are also furries....and it smells like it.  :Smile_facepalm:

One of Microsoft's early employees reportedly said: "This is what happens when you give the high school chess club money, and power".

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles

I'll probably see you in a co-op game, someday.  

1 vs. 1 Ranked Battles was good.  Did you have a chance to participate in it?

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'll probably see you in a co-op game, someday.  

1 vs. 1 Ranked Battles was good.  Did you have a chance to participate in it?

No, sorry. No T10 boats.

[PVE]
Members
4,273 posts
18,658 battles
6 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

BINGO !  We have a winner ! 

The game has de evolved into a role less FFA cooperative FPS that is based just about entirely on "sales gimmicks," "whale sales events" and the "carrot and stick" retreats when they've abused the base to the point people start to leave the game (where we are right now with the easy events we're now playing).

It's a funny cycle:  take another game like Mechwarrior Online.  Where they are the top of the world, have an e-Sports progam and have an incredible small niche market and an IP identification so unique, they are soundly placed; AND, then they implode the game in the same way this game is imploding !  Now, they are a single player storyline and "just a shell" of what they were 4 years ago........   We are on that same trajectory in this game and on the same "mature game" cycle.  So, what you said is correct for a great many cooperative FPS's: they have to take "real people" out of the process and return to where all games started: the single player storyline game........  It all goes back to being a FPS at some point.  Teams just about never work.....

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles
2 minutes ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

No, sorry. No T10 boats.

It was Tier-8.  A variation of Ranked Sprint.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
2 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

BINGO !  We have a winner ! 

The game has de evolved into a role less FFA cooperative FPS that is based just about entirely on "sales gimmicks," "whale sales events" and the "carrot and stick" retreats when they've abused the base to the point people start to leave the game (where we are right now with the easy events we're now playing).

It's a funny cycle:  take another game like Mechwarrior Online.  Where they are the top of the world, have an e-Sports progam and have an incredible small niche market and an IP identification so unique, they are soundly placed; AND, then they implode the game in the same way this game is imploding !  Now, they are a single player storyline and "just a shell" of what they were 4 years ago........   We are on that same trajectory in this game and on the same "mature game" cycle.  So, what you said is correct for a great many cooperative FPS's: they have to take "real people" out of the process and return to where all games started: the single player storyline game........  It all goes back to being a FPS at some point.  Teams just about never work.....

Back in the day, I watched decades-old friendships disintegrate over MWO. I too gave them too much money.

I'm an addict/junkie, too. This game gave me a fix for the arcade itch.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It was Tier-8.  A variation of Ranked Sprint.

Oh, yes. I forgot. My mistake. The type mis-matches were hilarious to watch, according to the forums. Also, I hadn't ground out my Cleveland yet.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
6 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

Sinop bots and Scharn bots are not at all nice to my New Orleans. 

Kings of the One Shot they are.

Marvin The Paranoid Droid says: "Don't talk to me about Sinops..." :Smile_ohmy:

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

All entertainment products have a cycle. In television, it's called "jumping the shark". But, if you have a collection of addicts like us, you can always sell them something...

Members
1 post
681 battles

I love stumbling onto groups of like minded folks when I am looking for other things,, PVE is fun, PVP devolves into chaos, and not the good kind.

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
10,694 posts
18,577 battles

The few, The Proud, The distorted views of certain mains...

It just begs to question, Why be part of an MMO if your goal is to not take part in what MMO offers? Mainly interacting with humans?

• Boring 3

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

My Helena captain just got IFHE. Life is much better, now.

My Cleveland captain is the original Erie captain (I promised him the ship when I finished the USN Cruisers). He'll get IFHE sometime. It's just lots slower in co-op.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The few, The Proud, The distorted views of certain mains...

It just begs to question, Why be part of an MMO if your goal is to not take part in what MMO offers? Mainly interacting with humans?

Because, it's the only arcade game in town that I have sunk costs in.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
6 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

:Spruance: uses hacks, if you play against him, report him to WG.

The IJN certainly thought so at Midway.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,502 posts
10,527 battles
2 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Oh, yes. I forgot. My mistake. The type mis-matches were hilarious to watch, according to the forums. Also, I hadn't ground out my Cleveland yet.

It was a lot of fun to play, and many games were intense.  :-)

[TDRB]
Members
5,142 posts
13,741 battles
11 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Actually coop is a form of PVP. You battle other players to sink the red ships. While overall the atmosphere is much nicer in coops you do get a few whiners.

One player blame me for his early return to port. He said it was my job to cover his backside while he sunk enemy ships. He had his BB behind an island taking pot shots at the enemy & a red DD torpedoed him from behind.

Yes, some players are down right nasty in PVP.

[AOH]
Members
984 posts
7,157 battles

Ah the good ole days of steaming in a circle in St. Louis, forever HEing a big badboy battleship until it burned to death like a Vietnamese monk.

Edited by Wepps

[WOLFG]
Members
867 posts

I spend most of my time in CoOP.  I really have to be up for all the whining and crying that goes on in PVP.  Unfortunately, with all the disaffected PVP players going to CoOP I am beginning to see more temper tantrums there.  Yesterday I played a brand new ship in CoOP.  No modules, no upgrades and a captain that wasn't entirely specced out.  I usually play a few games in CoOP to get a feel for what  I like and don't like about a ship, before I start speccing it out.  This DD, of course he was already dead, started screaming at me about what I bad player I was.  I explained my situation, but to no avail.  We won of course, which in CoOP is my only concern.  Some people are just brats and PVP is their babysitter.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this