You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Learux

Can we please just get rid of double CV's. It is zero fun to play against,

71 comments in this topic

Members
5,364 posts

CVs were here at the beginning, and they're still here, and they're not going away.  Might as well adapt, or quit.  Your choice.   :Smile_child:

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 8

[R-F]
Members
333 posts
11,715 battles

Yeah I mean 1 or 3 CVs are also awful to play against, the fact of it is they just don't care what we think in this respect. Just have to keep playing and deal with it unfortunately. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles

I think there is easily enough evidence to say that double CV games render concealment next to useless, which some ships certainly do not rely on...

Always nice as a DD to watch two sets of rocket planes hunting you. 

• Cool 1

Members
5,364 posts
3 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

I think there is easily enough evidence to say that double CV games render concealment next to useless, which some ships certainly do not rely on...

Always nice as a DD to watch two sets of rocket planes hunting you. 

Other times you get to do the hunting in the DD.  It's just that some DD players seem to think it's not allowed to turn the tables and make them the hunted ones sometimes.

Adapt, or quit.  Your choice.  I got torpedoed in my CV by a pair of DDs working together a couple days ago.  I even complimented them for their good teamwork.    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
807 posts

Like I said zero fun to play against. Your bug and windshield analogy is silly at best.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Other times you get to do the hunting in the DD.  It's just that some DD players seem to think it's not allowed to turn the tables and make them the hunted ones sometimes.

Adapt, or quit.  Your choice.  I got torpedoed in my CV by a pair of DDs working together a couple days ago.  I even complimented them for their good teamwork.    Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.

If you are getting torped by DDs in a CV, you are positioning poorly and/or roleplaying an airfield.

Don't use random instances of DDs successfully hunting down a CV as evidence that there is any level of balance between the two classes. 

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
5,364 posts
3 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

If you are getting torped by DDs in a CV, you are positioning poorly and/or roleplaying an airfield.

Don't use random instances of DDs successfully hunting down a CV as evidence that there is any level of balance between the two classes. 

Still goes back to what I said: Adapt, or quit.  Those are your choices.  CVs aren't going to be removed just because someone whines about it.

If you don't want to play in CV games, you have that choice.  Go play something else.  Don't expect the game to be rewritten to your specifications on demand.

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
5 minutes ago, Learux said:

Like I said zero fun to play against. Your bug and windshield analogy is silly at best.

Fun really doesn't factor into balance, as fun is subjective. I for one enjoy being hunted by CVs in a DD, as it's a fairly simple game of cat and mouse with a side of mindgames. Just outsmart and outplay the CV and you're golden. The moment you're spotted when you don't want to be is the moment you've already messed up. Only get spotted when you want to be, as that's ringing a dinner bell for every red CV.

It's just like radar, really. Once you're radared, the best you can do is try to survive. The simple solution is to not get radared. The execution is the hard part.

As for the topic itself, not gonna happen unless CV play dies off again. There's just too many CVs playing to do that.

• Cool 4

Members
5,364 posts
2 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Fun really doesn't factor into balance, as fun is subjective.

Every green player is trying to kill the red players, in every game.  Some people keep wanting to change the rules in mid-match, because they don't like them.  If you don't want to play with CVs, don't enter any matches.  Then you don't have to worry about it.  

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,799 battles
3 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Still goes back to what I said: Adapt, or quit.  Those are your choices.  CVs aren't going to be removed just because someone whines about it.

If you don't want to play in CV games, you have that choice.  Go play something else.  Don't expect the game to be rewritten to your specifications on demand.

Neither I nor the OP said remove CVs. Removing the ability for double CV games to occur is completely different. Lets keep those goalposts in the right place.

• Cool 3

Members
5,364 posts
9 minutes ago, SovereignEagle said:

Neither I nor the OP said remove CVs. Removing the ability for double CV games to occur is completely different. Lets keep those goalposts in the right place.

The double CVs aren't going away, either, as long as the current numbers wanting to play CVs continue.  There's too many queue dumps as it is, and if they try to restrict it more, there will be even more.   

As far as I know, they are planning to hard-limit T4 matches to 2, instead of 3, so that will help a little for T3, but T5 matches can still see 3.  All the tiers can see two per side, if enough waiting time occurs.  Trying to force it to one will just cause more queue dumps.  Those are the truly unfun CV matches, where you get 2 CVs a side and instead of 12v12, you get 7v7 or something like that.

Those are caused by shoehorning X number of people who want to play CV into Y number of slots.  Making Y smaller at this point is only going to cause more queue dumps.   Instead of an occasional one, you'll get 1 CV + 4 other ships or something like that all the time.

Edited by Kirov_Six

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,482 battles

When adapt or quit is the keystone of your argument...you should quit thinking all together. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[POP]
Members
2,847 posts
22,801 battles
1 hour ago, Learux said:

Please just get rid of them.

Here is a tip when you play against CV's  STOP SAILING IN A STRAIGHT LINE

• Cool 1

Members
562 posts
1 hour ago, Kirov_Six said:

If you don't want to play with CVs, don't enter any matches

There it is.  The next level of childishness is calling other people 'Hitler'.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,217 posts
5,684 battles
2 hours ago, Learux said:

No.

• Funny 1

[IRNBN]
Members
3,385 posts
9,803 battles
4 hours ago, Learux said:

Nonsense. CV's are a perfectly-balanced element of fun and engagement that have been here since forever (except during the rework hiatus). Wargaming has spent a fortune developing this game element to be loved and cherished by everyone, everywhere, all the time.

That's why the top players love having them in premier competitive modes like CB and KOTS!

Oh, wait....

• Funny 5

[USCG]
Members
576 posts
19,969 battles

I’m fine with 2 CVs per side at T4. Wouldn’t mind a 1 CV per side limit for tiers 6-10. 

[TWFT]
Members
1,346 posts
37,419 battles
5 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

CVs were here at the beginning, and they're still here, and they're not going away.  Might as well adapt, or quit.  Your choice.   :Smile_child:

Every green player is trying to kill the red players, in every game.  Some people keep wanting to change the rules in mid-match, because they don't like them.  If you don't want to play with CVs, don't enter any matches.  Then you don't have to worry about it.  

The double CVs aren't going away, either, as long as the current numbers wanting to play CVs continue.  There's too many queue dumps as it is, and if they try to restrict it more, there will be even more.   

As far as I know, they are planning to hard-limit T4 matches to 2, instead of 3, so that will help a little for T3, but T5 matches can still see 3.  All the tiers can see two per side, if enough waiting time occurs.  Trying to force it to one will just cause more queue dumps.  Those are the truly unfun CV matches, where you get 2 CVs a side and instead of 12v12, you get 7v7 or something like that.

Those are caused by shoehorning X number of people who want to play CV into Y number of slots.  Making Y smaller at this point is only going to cause more queue dumps.   Instead of an occasional one, you'll get 1 CV + 4 other ships or something like that all the time.

Yes, lets piss off a good portion of the player base and make them stop spending and money on the game, awesome business plan right there.

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,566 posts
11,169 battles
5 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

When adapt or quit is the keystone of your argument...you should quit thinking all together. 

But there really is no argument he's right CVs are going no where no matter how much arguing you do . Regardless of how we feel about CVs WG is not taking them out of the game so your only choice is to adapt to it .

Personally they don't bother me I understand that they can be annoying but they have been here from the very beginning and there not going anywhere we all know that . 

• Cool 2

Members
5,364 posts
2 hours ago, Turbotush said:

Yes, lets piss off a good portion of the player base and make them stop spending and money on the game, awesome business plan right there.

WG has far more data than you do about what people do, what people play, and what people leave the game over.  

So far, they have not changed their trajectory on CVs, which says to me that they know something that you don't.  It's their call, regardless.  They own the game.  We, the players, can only play the game, or not.

Besides, most of you who keep saying you're going to leave said that a year ago, too.  Think about what you're telling WG with that action, or inaction, whatever you call it. 

Have a nice day.  

EDIT: Oh, and don't forget, subs are coming!  Better leave before they get here!  More change, can't have that!!

Edited by Kirov_Six
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AAA]
Members
447 posts
15,031 battles
8 hours ago, Kirov_Six said:

Trying to force it to one will just cause more queue dumps.  Those are the truly unfun CV matches, where you get 2 CVs a side and instead of 12v12, you get 7v7 or something like that.

I'm assuming since you say the above referenced matches are "unfun" that you don't like playing them.

Since you likely don't like playing them then, instead of complaining about it, maybe you should just stop playing the game altogether.

Hypocrisy.

I also assume you never, ever make any complaints about the game other than your "unfun" complaint above.

But I doubt it.

Have an amazing day. Smoochies.