Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

WG, you wouldn't need to dream up all of these events if random gameplay wasn't borked

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,791
[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
14,488 battles

The main game mode I go to anymore is co-op unless there is a mission requirement that can be accomplished faster in randoms. There is a reason for that. Playing random matches is the same as asking yourself: Man, I'm pretty calm rite now, wish there was a way that I could get really mad at all of humanity in a short amount of time...Random game play is about as fun as getting a root canal while bobsledding down the peak of K2. If you have played the game more than a few thousand matches, you can tell in the first three minutes of the match which side is gonna win and lose.

There are reasons that game series such as Age of Empires are being remastered over twenty years later and it's not because players want to grind for the latest OP catapult, IT'S BECAUSE THE GAME IS FUN TO PLAY. A fun to play game doesn't need gimmicks or OP ship lines or ridiculous toxic events such as the PR dockyard dumpster fire, an event that arguably caused WAY more harm to the game than good.

It's similar to the field of dreams, if you build it, they will come. If the game is fun to play, players will come. This game needs to stop trying to be a glorified mobile game and using cash grab tactics.

 

Make random mode fun to play, it can be done.

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,084
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
2,923 posts
15,391 battles
5 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

OP ship lines or ridiculous toxic events

i played my shima just like how i played her in CoOp game. I enjoyed coop, operation, campaign (not the grindy one), CB and rank/rank sprint

Just depend how your attitude when you play the game

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
976
[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles

You're asking a multiplayer game to not bribe/brainwash you into playing more in this day and age? Get with the times, man! Gotta have those sweet, sweet carrots dangling to get people to not go nibble other carrots in other games. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,605
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,585 posts
15,718 battles
6 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

I enjoyed coop, operation, campaign (not the grindy one), CB and rank/rank sprint 

Just depend how your attitude when you play the game

:Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41
[P_P]
Members
44 posts
3,521 battles

Not a bad idea....co op time, maybe they let averages go up in that mode lol 4 years at 23k ....no controlling there is it....:fish_happy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,322 battles
7 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

If you have played the game more than a few thousand matches, you can tell in the first three minutes of the match which side is gonna win and lose.

It looked like you were going to make a good point until you said that.

If you have like ten Co-op matches under your belt, you can tell who's going to win before you even load in. Play a few hundred, you know who's going to get most of the damage after the first couple minutes. Play a few thousand, you know who's going to get most of the damage before the match starts, just from looking at the lineup.

Besides the better rewards, there's one reason I play Randoms.

Unpredictability.

You aren't wrong about being able to predict the match result in the first 3 minutes, but Co-op results are no less predictable.

The unpredictable part comes when you fight the enemy, not knowing what he is going to do. AI ships unswervingly follow a set ROE, where humans do not.

That's the whole reason to play PvE vs. PvP in any game, unless the PvE is a singleplayer campaign with a story. If I want to fight vs. AI, there are countless singleplayer games I can do that in, and because there's a "story", the AI can be scripted to behave in a more interesting fashion.

It's the difference between playing paintball, or taking a run through Hogan's Alley.

 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,280
[PVE]
Members
4,263 posts
18,643 battles
12 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

It looked like you were going to make a good point until you said that.

If you have like ten Co-op matches under your belt, you can tell who's going to win before you even load in. Play a few hundred, you know who's going to get most of the damage after the first couple minutes. Play a few thousand, you know who's going to get most of the damage before the match starts, just from looking at the lineup.

Besides the better rewards, there's one reason I play Randoms.

Unpredictability.

You aren't wrong about being able to predict the match result in the first 3 minutes, but Co-op results are no less predictable.

The unpredictable part comes when you fight the enemy, not knowing what he is going to do. AI ships unswervingly follow a set ROE, where humans do not.

That's the whole reason to play PvE vs. PvP in any game, unless the PvE is a singleplayer campaign with a story. If I want to fight vs. AI, there are countless singleplayer games I can do that in, and because there's a "story", the AI can be scripted to behave in a more interesting fashion.

It's the difference between playing paintball, or taking a run through Hogan's Alley.

 

You like that and a great many other don't.  All of the PVE games I've played all struggle to remain relevant because they have to constantly spend large amounts of money to "keep players interested" in the MMO concept....!  A lot of cooperative FFA or Team cooperative FPS fail because the cost exceed the ROI necessary to keep staff whom want more and can get paid more in this business someplace else !!!  So many MMO's have simply imploded.

We are at that point in this game.  Notice the symptoms: no new campaigns; no new maps; no new scenarios since I've been in game (two years now.)  Only endless gimmick modes and gimmick sales events that are getting obnoxious..... 

Unpredictability sounds good and some might find that exciting; if, there was some form of balance or consistency........  There isn't and it's getting so bad the "fun" has all but left the game....  We lost most of our close friends from this game now, they have all left the game without uninstalling...  Some others I know have uninstalled and will never be back.  In one year this disaster has driven off a great many and some of us cling to COOP and the old scenarios in hope that something will change.....

Unpredictability infers that there is some form of "fun or quality" that drives people to "taking a chance;"............sadly, that isn't the case when you have stomp after stomp after stomp with little or no hope in sight; and then, they drop a PR or Update 8.0 event on top of that and............sigh.......what's the point anymore...

Good luck and who knows, you may be right...........@!

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,453
[WOLFG]
Members
29,058 posts
8,322 battles
31 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

We are at that point in this game.  Notice the symptoms: no new campaigns; no new maps; no new scenarios since I've been in game (two years now.)  Only endless gimmick modes and gimmick sales events that are getting obnoxious.

Unpredictability sounds good and some might find that exciting; if, there was some form of balance or consistency........  

None of that is wrong, but to me, they sound like reasons to quit, not to give up Randoms for Co-op.

Gimmicks and obnoxious sales don't impact Randoms any differently than Co-op, nor does a lack of game balance. At best, Co-op perpetuates WG's idea of "balance", in the context that if both teams have their fun dampened by a mechanic or ship, that's balanced.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,884
[NSF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,302 posts
9,235 battles

Don’t you understand that they need to make more money to not invest in the game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
105
[TASC]
Members
412 posts
9,653 battles

I am with you sir ( OP ) ,I moved to co-op months ago. I only leave it to play with my clan when they ask. 

For some reason they like to have me on teams. They probably need to find better players and friends. Lol

WG had an interesting new mode with arms race and it went away. Why? I think the reason is they get most of their so loved spread sheet data for balance and other things from the Russian server and how the game is played there. Since none of the other regions play like that the decisions don't work well anywhere else. That is the most likely reason for the lack of new maps, operations, campaigns, and game modes. Instead we get more ship lines and grindy events. 

I would love to see some campaigns based on historical fleet actions. Picture the iron bottom sound battles with each side having to pick ships that were there. It is still a random thing as there are players on both sides. Best thing the code is nolonger more difficult than what they donot for Halloween and all of these stupid fake DD events. 

How about a fix for the low turnout on they playtest server events. Give our main account the XP and captain XP as free and elite captain XP. Then we don't lose out on our main account to help test stability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,803
[WORX]
Members
10,676 posts
18,567 battles
8 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

There are reasons that game series such as the Age of Empires series are being remastered over twenty years later and it's not because players want to grind for the latest OP catapult, IT'S BECAUSE THE GAME IS FUN TO PLAY. A fun to play game doesn't need gimmicks or OP ship lines or ridiculous toxic events such as the PR dockyard dumpster fire, an event that arguably caused WAY more harm to the game than good.

OK O P, I dont think you see what I am seeing, I see a very conflicted stance...

In blue above, you stated that people were willing to grind for an OP catapult... YET, on the next sentence (bold green)... You seeing we dont need OP ships/stuff/products to make the game good..

Ok if that's your stance then, lets bring back the NTC.. Lets break the game with ships so OP, it doesn't belong in +/-2MM.

If this is your stance I am with you OP... WG wants to end the game with a bang so be it...

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
5,364 posts
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

OK O P, I dont think you see what I am seeing, I see a very conflicted stance...

In blue above, you stated that people were willing to grind for an OP catapult... YET, on the next sentence (bold green)... You seeing we dont need OP ships/stuff/products to make the game good..

Ok if that's your stance then, lets bring back the NTC.. Lets break the game with ships so OP, it doesn't belong in +/-2MM.

If this is your stance I am with you OP... WG wants to end the game with a bang so be it...

He just likes to stir the pot till it stinks even more.  That's all he does.  I'm guessing he got warned about calling people shills, as that was his favorite tactic with anyone who dared to disagree with him a couple months ago.  Now he's finding a new tactic, and hasn't gotten his pitch consistent yet.  <Yawn>.    

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,324
[SIM]
Members
4,933 posts
8,013 battles

By your own admission the game is fun, hence why you still play co-op. The problem is that the people in randoms not, and there’s precious little that WG can do about that. 

But hey, that doesn’t make for a compelling whine thread with false equivalencies so... :Smile-_tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
Beta Testers
231 posts
12,285 battles

The problem are not the game modes and not the ships and not the ...

The real problem is that 90% of the player base is s t u p i d as s h i t (sorry but sometimes you have to say the truth) and have no clue what to do while thinking they are the wisdom's final answer, and no tweak or change of the game can change that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,029
[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
10 hours ago, Rabbitt81 said:

The main game mode I go to anymore is co-op unless there is a mission requirement that can be accomplished faster in randoms. There is a reason for that. Playing random matches is the same as asking yourself: Man, I'm pretty calm rite now, wish there was a way that I could get really mad at all of humanity in a short amount of time...Random game play is about as fun as getting a root canal while bobsledding down the peak of K2. If you have played the game more than a few thousand matches, you can tell in the first three minutes of the match which side is gonna win and lose.

There are reasons that game series such as Age of Empires are being remastered over twenty years later and it's not because players want to grind for the latest OP catapult, IT'S BECAUSE THE GAME IS FUN TO PLAY. A fun to play game doesn't need gimmicks or OP ship lines or ridiculous toxic events such as the PR dockyard dumpster fire, an event that arguably caused WAY more harm to the game than good.

It's similar to the field of dreams, if you build it, they will come. If the game is fun to play, players will come. This game needs to stop trying to be a glorified mobile game and using silly cash grab tactics.

 

Make random mode fun to play, it can be done.

The first part you mention is exactly why I avoid randoms. Why would I invite frustration into my life? You all know randoms are frustrating to play, why go through that? To get the next ship faster? Not worth it. Coop is far more fun and who cares if your progress is a bit slower.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×