You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CriMiNaL__

new to CV's

16 comments in this topic

[TMS]
Beta Testers
3,731 posts
14,311 battles

If your new to using a CV please take the time to learn how to use one, and not buy a premium, thinking it will make you god like, as it ususally end up in disaster for you.

I finished a game momments ago and this is the CV player on our side.

It does not matter how good you think the ship is, it comes down to how good you are at using it.

cv useless.png

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles

The problem is little different with the other premiums, people buy a ship that is too many tiers higher than their skill can support. I wish that people would at least keep to no more than one tier higher than they have for tech tree ships in that type.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles
3 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem is little different with the other premiums, people buy a ship that is too many tiers higher than their skill can support. I wish that people would at least keep to no more than one tier higher than they have for tech tree ships in that type.

The worst part is that, if your skill can't support it, how can you even say you know what you're buying? They just hear this and that about its strengths and expect it to just work. They have a vague idea of the strengths, yet none of the weaknesses.

Imagine buying a Tirpitz without knowing that AP bombs can more or less obliterate her without batting an eye, something I abused the crap out of during 1v1 sprint after I got tired of seeing them in my Baltimore.

Imagine saving coal for Smolensk and not knowing that she is made of glass.

Imagine saving coal for Thunderer without knowing how fragile she is by BB standards.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,411 posts
14,163 battles
1 minute ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The worst part is that, if your skill can't support it, how can you even say you know what you're buying? They just hear this and that about its strengths and expect it to just work. They have a vague idea of the strengths, yet none of the weaknesses.

Imagine buying a Tirpitz without knowing that AP bombs can more or less obliterate her without batting an eye, something I abused the crap out of during 1v1 sprint after I got tired of seeing them in my Baltimore.

Imagine saving coal for Smolensk and not knowing that she is made of glass.

Imagine saving coal for Thunderer without knowing how fragile she is by BB standards.

That is why I like the plus one rule. If you are comfortable with the tier 7 of that class while there are often differences they are not so huge that you will have trouble wrapping your head around them.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,078 posts
19,197 battles
33 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

It does not matter how good you think the ship is, it comes down to how good you are at using it.

23 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem is little different with the other premiums, people buy a ship that is too many tiers higher than their skill can support.

15 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

The worst part is that, if your skill can't support it, how can you even say you know what you're buying?

I have said for 4 long years that you shouldn't be able to buy a premium ship unless you have worked your way up to a line ship of the same tier. But WG would prefer having your money in their pockets over having happy and satisfied customers. Plus crappy, ignorant players in high tier ships shortens matches and we all know they love that.

Members
548 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The problem is

The problem is CVs are in Random.  WG yanked them from CB because they are cancer.  WG simply needs to yank them from Random and the game will be much better.  

CVs in CO-OP and scenario only.

• Boring 2

Members
27 posts
647 battles
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

If your new to using a CV please take the time to learn how to use one, and not buy a premium, thinking it will make you god like, as it ususally end up in disaster for you.

cv useless.png

How does that guy have an Enterprise????????????????????

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles
6 minutes ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

The problem is CVs are in Random.  WG yanked them from CB because they are cancer.  WG simply needs to yank them from Random and the game will be much better.  

CVs in CO-OP and scenario only.

WG is testing reintroducing them, you know. And, honestly, I really don't get you guys. You started playing a game and then kept playing it despite something you hate being in it. Some of you even demanded a CV rework, which lead to CVs becoming far, far more common and infinitely less overpowered. Pretty sure it's not the game that needs to change, but those that clearly play a game expecting it to be what it isn't and will never be.

• Cool 1

0 posts
2 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

cv useless.png

this is why the CV rework happened as it did, to sell CVs. It is working.

The CV rework needed to be dumb (ed down) enough to make it easy and straightforward for anyone to press buy, jump in the CV, and have a battle, without causing too much trauma to fiends and foes alike.

But your example is one more argument in favour of obligatory skillcheck scenarios designed to make sure they have the most basic pvp skills everytime a person purchases a new ship, tech tree, premium and/or reward ship.

Let people buy high tier premiums, but keep them in coop until they prove they are ready to progress to pvp.

Members
5,364 posts
1 hour ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Pretty sure it's not the game that needs to change, but those that clearly play a game expecting it to be what it isn't and will never be.

There's just a whole pile of people on the forum who seem to think the game will be rewritten to their specifications on demand if only they'll scream loud enough for it.

I just shrug and play what is here if I feel like it, and don't if I don't feel like it.  Life is much simpler that way.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

There's just a whole pile of people on the forum who seem to think the game will be rewritten to their specifications on demand if only they'll scream loud enough for it.

I just shrug and play what is here if I feel like it, and don't if I don't feel like it.  Life is much simpler that way.

Good on you! Life's too short to sweat the little things you can't change.

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles

Practice, practice, practice first in training rooms and then in Coop before you head out to be a possible detriment to a actual pvp team. While i don't really play Pvp anymore i spent a very long time in training rooms getting some idea of the new CVs, now i can do Ok in coops with them but wouldn't want to be a detriment to any PVP team with my skills in one.

Members
548 posts
2 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

honestly, I really don't get you guys. You started playing a game and then kept playing it despite something you hate being in it.

What's not to get?  Airports do not belong in the game.   Despite all your chicken little claims of 'thier coming' - the fact is they are not in CBs.  They are not in CBs because WG knows they are cancer.  It would be lovely if WG would extent this nicety of no CVs to Random.  Or at least the option of playing Random without CVs.  

• Boring 3

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,225 battles
22 hours ago, Farm_Fresh_Eggs said:

What's not to get?  Airports do not belong in the game.   Despite all your chicken little claims of 'thier coming' - the fact is they are not in CBs.  They are not in CBs because WG knows they are cancer.  It would be lovely if WG would extent this nicety of no CVs to Random.  Or at least the option of playing Random without CVs.  

It's not a chicken little claim if they say so themselves. Repeatedly.

If the sky told you it was falling, I'd trust the sky to know whether it was falling or not. Well, or wonder if someone drugged me, but that's not the point.

Edited by Shoggoth_pinup

[SEAKT]
[SEAKT]
Members
52 posts
5,983 battles

Its just a new player testing the waters. He knows now CV do very little damage in game. He go back playing high damage DD. We need more players like him. I cant wait for subs.