Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

The price for playing game for free is higher than I thought

26 comments in this topic

Members
3,097 posts
12,261 battles

I don’t normally pay for warships, but I would get permanent camo every now and then to be able to run my T10 ships without breaking the bank.  Looking back, I accumulated a total of 13 type 20 camo, plus 2 of the space camo.  It sure adds up over time, but I think I would have spend it all on beer anyway.  I am glad it helps to keep the game running.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,064 battles
29 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

I don’t normally pay for warships, but I would get permanent camo every now and then to be able to run my T10 ships without breaking the bank.  Looking back, I accumulated a total of 13 type 20 camo, plus 2 of the space camo.  It sure adds up over time, but I think I would have spend it all on beer anyway.  I am glad it helps to keep the game running.

I don't have any T10 camos, I spend mine on beer and flower which I have to have to play the game with the other 23 I get matched with.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
2 hours ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

I don't have any T10 camos, I spend mine on beer and flower which I have to have to play the game with the other 23 I get matched with.

What are the flowers for? I dunno about you, but the other 23 in most matches really aren't my type. :Smile_teethhappy:

Beta Testers
3,107 posts
25,916 battles

I payed too much with 330 ships in port not enough time in the day to play them all !

• Confused 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

I have about forty ships, most of them earned through in-game play. I've sold at least as many, grinding up.

I only play about ten of them. Four of those are premiums (I have 9 premiums, two of which were won through in-game play). I also bought permanent camo's for all of the ships that were eligible for them. They are some of my most-played ships. Some of my most-played ships have no permanent camo's.  I sold some ships that I had bought permanent camo's for, because I didn't enjoy playing the ships. Those camo's will likely never be used again.

So, the "cost" per ship varies wildly, and so does the cost-per usage. It's wholly dependent on your own utility, as to whether the cost per ship was worth the real-money price in this game. I have spent enough on this game to buy at least two full-price (AAA) games. For me, there is utility in paying for some things.

There are, of course, players who have spent no money at all. I believe that is a small fraction of the total number of players, since the game seems to be quite profitable.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,520 posts

There is a link in your account page that will cause WG to send you a spread sheet of all your spending since account creation.

Learn from my mistake.  Do not click that button.

• Funny 3

Members
119 posts
5,077 battles
5 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

From the title, I had the impression you were referring to the cost of time, fresh air, and other non gaming activities.

And you are not playing for free.

Members
3,097 posts
12,261 battles
16 hours ago, Burnsy said:

There is a link in your account page that will cause WG to send you a spread sheet of all your spending since account creation.

You know, I did not know about that.  But now I do.  It’s your fault!

[WOLF9]
Members
655 posts
18,851 battles
18 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Burnsy - Can you be more specific please?  I want to make my own mistake.  :)

I am on the Account Management page and do not see a link.

Members
3,097 posts
12,261 battles
4 hours ago, kyesac said:

Account Management -> Data Protection -> Manage Data -> Export Data

• Cool 1

[-K-]
7,214 posts
9,361 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 11:24 PM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

What are the flowers for?

I assume that person meant weed, though I could be wrong.

Members
96 posts
6,406 battles
22 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

From the title, I had the impression you were referring to the cost of time, fresh air, and other non gaming activities.

And you are not playing for free.

Bingo! There is nothing in life...ever...that is free. I can only imagine what WG does with the data it collects.

Edited by CaptCombustion

[WOLF8]
Members
7,343 posts
6,239 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

Account Management -> Data Protection -> Manage Data -> Export Data

Bleh, it says I have to link my phone number to get the data... but I don't wanna do that, lol. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

[A-D-F]
7,520 posts
28 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Bleh, it says I have to link my phone number to get the data... but I don't wanna do that, lol. :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_hiding:

Eh, WG already has my CC number.  My phone number is kind of meaningless at that point.  If it ever becomes a problem, a 5 minute call to my cell service provider and my card issuing bank and new numbers can be issued for both.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
2 hours ago, vak_ said:

I assume that person meant weed, though I could be wrong.

Here I was trying to figure out if they meant flour, and intended to bake them something... :Smile_teethhappy: Never heard it called that.

[1984]
Members
4,124 posts
19,914 battles
On 2/2/2020 at 5:24 AM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

What are the flowers for? I dunno about you, but the other 23 in most matches really aren't my type. :Smile_teethhappy:

To cover up the smell.

• Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,110 posts
8,239 battles
23 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

To cover up the smell.

I don't think flowers will be enough. :Smile_teethhappy: Probably gonna need to cleanse it with fire. Then cover up the smell of burning with flowers.

[GT99]
Members
748 posts
12,064 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 10:24 PM, Shoggoth_pinup said:

Cracking me up ha ha!

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,747 battles
On 2/2/2020 at 12:58 AM, Burnsy said:

Me don't click that button!!!!  Don't let my WIFE find and click that button!!!!!!!  :Smile_amazed:

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,747 battles
12 hours ago, kyesac said:

DON"T DO IT!!!!!!

[A-D-F]
Members
2,092 posts
7,603 battles
On 2/2/2020 at 1:58 AM, Burnsy said:

+1 to you!  That is the second best advice I have ever gotten.  :cap_like:

Members
3,097 posts
12,261 battles
6 hours ago, Blorgh2017 said:

If you paid real money to anyone over the internet, chances are high they have enough information to get your phone number if they wanted to.  You have to go to extraordinary lengths to remain anonymous nowadays.  Based on the ships you own, you must have paid real money on multiple occasions.

Edited by Ramsalot

[WOLF8]
Members
7,343 posts
6,239 battles
7 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

If you paid real money to anyone over the internet, chances are high they have enough information to get your phone number if they wanted to.  You have to go to extraordinary lengths to remain anonymous nowadays.  Based on the ships you own, you must have paid real money on multiple occasions.

Of course, I really did spend quite a hefty amount over the years, lol. I have quite a number of Premium ships, as matter of fact, lel. :Smile_teethhappy:

I was simply curious on what would the data say. I bet it would be in thousands of dollars... but spread across couple years, since I started playing since November of 2017... lul. :Smile_hiding:

Edited by Blorgh2017

Members
3,097 posts
12,261 battles
2 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

I was simply curious on what would the data say. I bet it would be in thousands of dollars... but spread across couple years, since I started playing since November of 2017... lul.

I am in the same boat.  I actually requested this information, apparently it takes a while to put this together for WG.  I am waiting to get my data at this point.  I expect the amount to be somewhere between $500 and $1000, with most of it being spend early on.  I know that in the past two years I paid around $100.  I wonder what amount of money places one into “Whale” category... :cap_yes:

[TDRB]
Members
5,135 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, Ramsalot said:

I am in the same boat.  I actually requested this information, apparently it takes a while to put this together for WG.  I am waiting to get my data at this point.  I expect the amount to be somewhere between $500 and $1000, with most of it being spend early on.  I know that in the past two years I paid around $100.  I wonder what amount of money places one into “Whale” category... :cap_yes:

I spent the larger amount early on also. My spending has dropped over the last year. I think this is normal.

Sign in to follow this