Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AMajor

Need some help tracking down some wayard Clan members

6 comments in this topic

[DBM]
Members
550 posts
11,094 battles

Does anyone know how I can contact Cheezypower, Echo69, or Mcsuizzy?  All three have been AWOL for over 60 days and I don't want to toss them out of the Clan but if they are no longer players of the game, the Clan could use the slots to recruit players that are actively playing.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,461 battles
33 minutes ago, AMajor said:

Does anyone know how I can contact Cheezypower, Echo69, or Mcsuizzy?  All three have been AWOL for over 60 days and I don't want to toss them out of the Clan but if they are no longer players of the game, the Clan could use the slots to recruit players that are actively playing.

Ahoy! Actually our clan has a 60 day inactivity rule. Unless notified ahead of time. We just make sure everybody knows when they join. It helps holds down on inactive players. If they quit and told nobody, they can be removed and you can recruit active captains looking for a clan.

*True to SteelRain's point. Yes it's not pleasant. Especially if you get to know them. Send some friendly reminders in game and Discord, Team Speak, other social media, or if you have exchanged phone number's just shoot a text over. Booting is and should be last resort.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776
in addition..

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles

Sorry to say that I have not seen them in game. That is a long time.

Have you tried to contact them through your clan discord?

If they don't respond, just boot, leave a DM in discord and if they come back, you take them back in.

It is hard to let go inactive players, especially if you did play along side them and they are really good folks.

But life does get in the way.

I hope they return.

I am sure you miss them or you would not put out an APB.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,190 posts
5,624 battles

You can see the last battle time in the clan page, which I assume you have already done to find out they are inactive. 

From there you just gotta reach out any way you can. In game message, discord/clan communication source (if you use an external source), RL info if you have that, even a forum DM if they are active here. I know many people get an email if they recieve a forum DM. Idk if it is a default or not.

I wouldnt hold on too dearly. If they were gone 60 days with no heads up, I doubt they were serious about the game/clan to begin with. There also is nothing saying you can not re-add them if they return to the game.

Best of luck!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,281 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Ahoy! Actually our clan has a 60 day inactivity rule. Unless notified ahead of time. We just make sure everybody knows when they join. It helps holds down on inactive players. If they quit and told nobody, they can be removed and you can recruit active captains looking for a clan.

*True to SteelRain's point. Yes it's not pleasant. Especially if you get to know them. Send some friendly reminders in game and Discord, Team Speak, other social media, or if you have exchanged phone number's just shoot a text over. Booting is and should be last resort.

We only allow a 30 day grace period unless he notifies the clan in advance .

• Cool 1

[DBM]
Members
550 posts
11,094 battles
1 minute ago, Tachnechdorus said:

our clan has a 60 day inactivity rule

1 minute ago, Tachnechdorus said:

We only allow a 30 day grace period

Thank you all for making me feel less guilty.  Some members of our clan don't quite realize how valuable it is to be a member.  We are almost at full build out (1 coal and 2 steel left to get) so every game that every member of the clan plays, they are getting benefits.  When we ask some to give back for things like Clan Battles or Naval Battles, other than a core group, we hear crickets.  Membership in a clan is a privilege, not a right of passage.  It needs to be earned. 

Sign in to follow this