Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
brewakeg

Battle Economics: Winning vs. Losing; Surviving vs. Sunk

14 comments in this topic

Members
268 posts
9,667 battles

I have always wondered what the additional bonus (if any) is for surviving a battle vs. getting sunk right before it ends (and not inflicting any damage during that time).    

Also, what is the bonus for your team winning vs losing....all other things being equal?  (like one of those close games where you lose by 5 points as time runs out)

All I found in the WOW wiki is:

"Finally, the base rewards increase greatly for the winning team"  in the Base Earnings page.

Does anyone have an idea how much these rewards are?    Is there a point where getting sunk outweighs the damage you could do with a few more salvos at the end of the game?       Thanks for your input!

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,226 battles

AFAIK there's a 50% bonus in XP for winning, but credits should be the same between winning and losing. I don't know about the survival bonus, but I can't imagine it being far greater than, say, 10% XP.

Credits-wise there's a flat service fee for each battle, so the amount of hitpoints you're left with if you survive doesn't matter - repairing 1 hitpoint will cost the same as repairing 90.000 hitpoints. Ammunition does have a small per-shell / per-torpedo cost though.

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,275 posts
5,775 battles
Just now, brewakeg said:

I have always wondered what the additional bonus (if any) is for surviving a battle vs. getting sunk right before it ends (and not inflicting any damage during that time).    

Also, what is the bonus for your team winning vs losing....all other things being equal?  (like one of those close games where you lose by 5 points as time runs out)

"Finally, the base rewards increase greatly for the winning team"  in the Base Earnings page.

Does anyone have an idea how much these rewards are?    Is there a point where getting sunk outweighs the damage you could do with a few more salvos at the end of the game?       Thanks for your input!

There is no difference between getting sunk and not getting sunk.  The service cost is the same and the only change from when the battle begins to when it ends is how many shots/torpedoes/planes you've used.

Creditwise, winning and losing makes no difference.  EXPwise you get a 50% boost for winning.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts

I think the winners get +50% to base XP, but I'm not sure of the reference for that.  I'm sure someone can answer that.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,746 posts
12,813 battles

The only direct bonus is a 50% bonus to base xp for the winning side (the number may have changed but at one point 50% was officially stated). Credit earnings are the same win or lose and are based on performance. There’s no direct ‘survival’ bonus to xp/base xp/credits, but there would be indirect bonuses from surviving longer - you do more things that earn base xp and credits, although you will potentially spend more in ammunition resupply costs since that’s on a per shell/torp/plane basis (but it would almost always be countered with an increase in credit earnings to balance out or end up getting a net gain). 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

[SALVO]
Members
25,806 posts
28,064 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

AFAIK there's a 50% bonus in XP for winning, but credits should be the same between winning and losing. I don't know about the survival bonus, but I can't imagine it being far greater than, say, 10% XP.

Credits-wise there's a flat service fee for each battle, so the amount of hitpoints you're left with if you survive doesn't matter - repairing 1 hitpoint will cost the same as repairing 90.000 hitpoints. Ammunition does have a small per-shell / per-torpedo cost though.

What Lert says here is entirely true, to a point.  But there's one other factor that should be considered.  What really matters isn't so much survival or not.  It's more about when you died, because the earlier you die, the shorter the time you had to do the things (like damage) that would enhance your overall production and thus, your overall rewards … Assuming that you were being productive throughout the battle.  Of course, if you do very little and survive, your rewards are going to stink.  It's all about being productive.  And the longer you're productive, the greater the rewards.

[-AGW-]
Members
1,005 posts
15,260 battles
3 hours ago, Helstrem said:

There is no difference between getting sunk and not getting sunk.  The service cost is the same and the only change from when the battle begins to when it ends is how many shots/torpedoes/planes you've used.

Creditwise, winning and losing makes no difference.  EXPwise you get a 50% boost for winning.

This is why it makes so little sense to run and hide when the battle is going badly. Might as well go out in a blaze of glory and cause some more damage.

• Cool 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,726 posts
24,990 battles

No survival bonus.

Even Servicing costs are the same regardless if you sank or finished with 100% HP left.  At launch that was different, but we got WG to change that because people sitting back doing nothing got less of a hit in credits than the ones going up and trying to get a win.

[PVE]
Members
20,105 posts
12,922 battles
6 hours ago, brewakeg said:

As others have said, there apparently is no survival bonus and the service cost is a flat fee, no matter any damage you take. Ammo does have a cost for each shot with main guns & torps. Planes have a ammo cost when they are shot down and it is more expensive than the shells and torps.

Here is the wiki on what to do to earn base XP.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

[PUDEL]
Members
350 posts
1,936 battles
9 hours ago, Lert said:

Always wondered about that. Thanks!

Sign in to follow this