Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wjp120

Is the first ARP mission the most time consuming?

25 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles

All of the ARP missions are relatively straighforward, which is nice. Looking at the requirements, I have no complaints on the event overall.  So, this isn't a complaint, just a question and possible observation.

It seems like the first mission is the most time consuming because of the middle base XP requirement. Am I wrong in my initial guess here?

If so, does it seem a bit weird to put the longest mission at the beginning? Not bad, just... odd?

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles

The 50k XP, the 15k base XP, the 100k Captain XP, and the 3 million credit missions can be the most time consuming ones depending on if you have premium time, various good economic camos and signal flags. Granted the base XP part you may want to drop the economic boosters as only base XP is needed. A nice portion of your battles will need to be in Randoms mode, but some of the tasks are easier and faster to complete in Co-Op.  If you tried doing the win 10 battles in Randoms that could take a long time as you often need to have enough luck that your team is capable of winning and Randoms battles typically are longer than Co-Op.

I am already on the win 10 battles task, which I will likely do tomorrow as I already played enough WOWs for today. So the missions are really not all that bad, although getting into a winning streak does help too. Just think about which missions are better in Randoms and which are better for Co-Op and you can speed right through them. ( If it requires gaining resources do Randoms, if it requires wins or other things gained from combat do Co-Op or Scenario)

[LSNB]
Members
1,635 posts
4,974 battles

Yeah, the final mission was pretty time consuming. We had to earn 110k base xp to earn all the ships and everything.

Oh wait

Edited by destawaits

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The 50k XP, the 15k base XP, the 100k Captain XP, and the 3 million credit missions can be the most time consuming ones depending on if you have premium time, various good economic camos and signal flags. Granted the base XP part you may want to drop the economic boosters as only base XP is needed. A nice portion of your battles will need to be in Randoms mode, but some of the tasks are easier and faster to complete in Co-Op.  If you tried doing the win 10 battles in Randoms that could take a long time as you often need to have enough luck that your team is capable of winning and Randoms battles typically are longer than Co-Op.

I am already on the win 10 battles task, which I will likely do tomorrow as I already played enough WOWs for today. So the missions are really not all that bad, although getting into a winning streak does help too. Just think about which missions are better in Randoms and which are better for Co-Op and you can speed right through them. ( If it requires gaining resources do Randoms, if it requires wins or other things gained from combat do Co-Op or Scenario)

Like I said, I'm not complaining about the overall difficulty or time for all four missions.

I want to know what you think about the difference between the amount of time taken for the first mission versus the other three.

[POP]
Members
4,745 posts
12,813 battles

Base xp missions will generally take up more time, but if you can’t or don’t want to complete it in randoms, a decent performance in an op can get you a guaranteed 1.5-2k+ base xp in 15-18 minutes. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
18 minutes ago, wjp120 said:

Like I said, I'm not complaining about the overall difficulty or time for all four missions.

I want to know what you think about the difference between the amount of time taken for the first mission versus the other three.

You could likely do it easily enough within 7 days and they gave us 12 days.

[O_O]
Members
6,894 posts
16,526 battles

15k Base XP is probably the most time consuming.  With high-end camo, XP signals, and premium time, you can knock down the 50k XP pretty quick.  But, there is no fast-tracking 15k Base XP, except to have good games.  I am figuring 10 games will be required for several of the tasks.  XP, base XP, and credits I will complete in Random.  Everything else in Co-op.

• Cool 1

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You could likely do it easily enough within 7 days and they gave us 12 days.

Why do you keep focusing on the entire chain of four missions when I specifically said that's not what I made this thread about? 

• Boring 1

Members
1,462 posts
10,247 battles

with 1 day premium and a decent session it shouldn't be too bad. I might pop some extra dubs for a day of premium....maybe.

[RLGN]
Members
15,143 posts
26,769 battles
1 hour ago, wjp120 said:

It seems like the first mission is the most time consuming because of the middle base XP requirement. Am I wrong in my initial guess here?

Is that the Yotaro task or the Hiei task or something else?

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
36 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

With high-end camo, XP signals, and premium time, you can knock down the 50k XP pretty quick.

Yeah, I just had 10K (10607) in one match a few minutes ago of 'normal' XP, and had  31378 commander XP from that same match.  

Base XP was only 1587, though.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,626 posts
6,371 battles
59 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

15k Base XP is probably the most time consuming.  With high-end camo, XP signals, and premium time, you can knock down the 50k XP pretty quick.  But, there is no fast-tracking 15k Base XP, except to have good games.  I am figuring 10 games will be required for several of the tasks.  XP, base XP, and credits I will complete in Random.  Everything else in Co-op.

^This.

As a PvE-only main with a very limited free time per day, the base XP mission for Hiei is the biggest hurdle for me. I know I will not be able to get all of the ships within the given amount of time for the event, and I'll have to settle with getting just one (or maybe two) of the ships.

If all of the missions for all of the ships were offered all at once, I might've had a different stance, but as things are right now, I have no choice. Oh well... lol. :Smile_hiding:

[WOLFC]
Members
2,153 posts
10,872 battles
1 hour ago, wjp120 said:

All of the ARP missions are relatively straighforward, which is nice. Looking at the requirements, I have no complaints on the event overall.  So, this isn't a complaint, just a question and possible observation.

If so, does it seem a bit weird to put the longest mission at the beginning? Not bad, just... odd?

Yes, it is different - possibly being done because there isn't that much of a prize difference between them all.

Members
3,648 posts
42,248 battles

Sent from somewhere near 40 Eridani.....

Tier5 and above ships.

XP, can be done with you go to.

Income, biggest earner.

Use of signals where appropriate is recommended.

The lower you are in a MM battle, the higher the net gain in XP, FXP, cap XP, and credits.

Many of you have that one Beast, one ninja bank robber, and super captain trainer.

Just play normal.

It's not that hard and you hardly notice it being a grind if it's your favorite ships.

When WG did it the first time around, it was a little bit grindy.

Second time was a lot easier. And takao was introduced.

Third time not so bad either.

Some veterans will get most of it done over the weekend.

Just play naturally with your favorite ships.

You got plenty of time.

Have fun out there.

<O

[ARGSY]
Members
22,222 posts
16,189 battles
16 hours ago, wjp120 said:

Why do you keep focusing on the entire chain of four missions when I specifically said that's not what I made this thread about? 

Because it's a unified whole, with peaks not only at the start but the finish as well.

Overall the chase for the ARP Hiei mission probably is the most onerous... but that's because it's the gateway to all the rest.

If you load up all the flags and camo, and have a couple of outstanding battles, you can get that last 100K commander XP done very, very quickly. It's the last roadblock before the ARP Myoko, but fortunately it's something that's very easy to flag up for. @Vekta408, you might want to pop one more day right at the end and make it even faster.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
15,107 battles

Yes

Remember you can do 2-3 Co-op battles for every 1 random, which at T 5-8 can be like watching 2 slow learning adults trying to beat the crap out of each other.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,736 posts
7,125 battles
15 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Sent from somewhere near 40 Eridani.....

Tier5 and above ships.

XP, can be done with you go to.

Income, biggest earner.

Use of signals where appropriate is recommended.

The lower you are in a MM battle, the higher the net gain in XP, FXP, cap XP, and credits.

Many of you have that one Beast, one ninja bank robber, and super captain trainer.

Just play normal.

It's not that hard and you hardly notice it being a grind if it's your favorite ships.

When WG did it the first time around, it was a little bit grindy.

Second time was a lot easier. And takao was introduced.

Third time not so bad either.

Some veterans will get most of it done over the weekend.

Just play naturally with your favorite ships.

You got plenty of time.

Have fun out there.

<O

So if I just play PvE I might accomplish something by playing a little each day? I might be interested but was undecided about starting. 

Members
1,462 posts
10,247 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Because it's a unified whole, with peaks not only at the start but the finish as well.

Overall the chase for the ARP Hiei mission probably is the most onerous... but that's because it's the gateway to all the rest.

If you load up all the flags and camo, and have a couple of outstanding battles, you can get that last 100K commander XP done very, very quickly. It's the last roadblock before the ARP Myoko, but fortunately it's something that's very easy to flag up for. @Vekta408, you might want to pop one more day right at the end and make it even faster.

Haven't popped a day of premium yet. I'll probably finish the first one and see how much I care at that point.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
4 hours ago, Sinton said:

Yes

Remember you can do 2-3 Co-op battles for every 1 random, which at T 5-8 can be like watching 2 slow learning adults trying to beat the crap out of each other.

LOL!!!!!    Your last sentence!!!!  :D

Members
3,648 posts
42,248 battles
16 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

So if I just play PvE I might accomplish something by playing a little each day? I might be interested but was undecided about starting. 

Update, I just got to last mission.

Some bits are a little long, but can be done.

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 9:06 PM, wjp120 said:

Yes the first one is the longest to complete. The subsequent missions are easy/straightforward to complete.

[1984]
Members
4,450 posts
21,484 battles
21 hours ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

You should always enable these kind of missions right away. Your progress accumulates just by playing and you lose nothing even if you dont finish. By not enabling right away you only make finishing harder.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,222 posts
16,189 battles

After doing the first three, I can definitely conclude that the first is the most onerous. The good thing about those 15,000 base XP is that it doesn't matter which ship you take out, how you play it or how many flags you put on; only that you match the tier and mode requirements.

The fourth mission has a twist for the newbies. Even if the only thing you had when you started was an Emerald or Montecuccoli, after the first phase you'd have a battleship with which you can start fires at long range. But phase 4 also requires ship torpedoes, so if you started with nothing but a T5 battleship you could be in trouble. 

Sign in to follow this