Sign in to follow this  
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Is Conqueror Still performing Well?

4 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
11,291 posts
12,715 battles

I was wondering how Conqueror is during in the current Meta? I am trying to decide on which BB I can use to tank the most damage for the team abs currently my BBs are getting burned to a crisp all too quickly by HE Spam even at long range. So I am wondering if Conqueror can still tank fire damage like a zombie, and if the citadel is still invulnerable for the most part? Thunderer is likely my next coal purchase, but have heard it dies not have Conqueror’s “super heals”, or at least the ones Conqueror did have anyway.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
2,841 posts
10,152 battles

@Admiral_Thrawn_1The Thunderer  is a fun boat really accurate even I can hit things in it and I get more citadels in her than any other ship I own . However she is a little fragile especially when showing any kind of broadside but she has fast heal . It doesn't heal as much as the Conqueror it's like the Massachusetts heal but It's still pretty good . I don't have the Conqueror I hear her heal is great , but I don't like burning things down I like blabbing things and dev strikes . That's why I used my last bit of coal to get the Thunderer instead of the German Commander and so I'm glad I did .

[LUPI_]
Members
3 posts
1,555 battles

If you want to tank damage for your team, Russian BB are for you. 

Now, the Conqueror is a good ship, but aside from the heal, the Thunderer does everything better. And the lower heal doesn't matter all that much if you play that ship as it is meant to be played (long range at first, then close in when the enemy is thinned out). Thunderer's higher Rof, accuracy and fire chance on hit actually make it a better firestarter than the Conqueror, and 457mm guns are a lot more confortable with dealing with angled cruisers.

[-TXT-]
Members
120 posts
6,287 battles

With the Conq you need to choose where you push wisely as you can get burned down pretty quick from HE spam.  The good thing is that if you build her for concealment you can get down to a very comfortable 12km, which allows you to disengage and heal up if you really position poorly.  The problem with the current meta is that with a lot of CV's, getting unspotted can be difficult.  

I'd still build for concealment and sit at mid to long ranges early on and snipe.  Mid to late game is your time to shine when the herd has been thinned and you can push a flank or support a push.  I think I'm averaging almost 2 million potential in her, so she can tank a lot, you just need to know when to disengage and use your super heal wisely.

As long as you stay angled to incoming BB AP, it's very difficult to get citadel'd, although you can still eat a lot of superstructure pens.  In turn, you have insane fire starting capability and can burn anything to ground with ease.

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this