You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RedDawn141

Bring back the old Carrier!

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
3 posts
158 battles

This new way is awful, bring back the strategy element that made the carrier a carrier and not a mini flight game. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

0 posts
9 minutes ago, RedDawn141 said:

This new way is awful, bring back the strategy element that made the carrier a carrier and not a mini flight game. 

Welcome back. Long time since beta.

[E-M-S]
Members
92 posts
5,757 battles
1 hour ago, RedDawn141 said:

that would require admitting a mistake in removing it, never gonna happen. they will admit the PR grind was unreasonable 1st. I'm even giving odds on that happening, they are the same as the Patriots winning the Superbowl tomorrow:fish_palm:

Edited by Leslie_Reigart
correction
  • Boring 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,146 posts
26,771 battles
1 hour ago, RedDawn141 said:

Thanks, yeah I came back and was excited to play CV, found that it was totally diffrent. 

Is it easier to use? Perhaps; but if you sucked at manual drops under RTS, the new FPS carriers are worse/harder to use.

1 hour ago, motleytanker said:

People need to understand to change and adjust. I have played before and after changes with no regret.

Understanding the changes, adapting, and liking WG’s piece of (redacted) so-called rework, and the associated three years of utterly wasted effort it represents, are different things.

Too little control of the carrier; an autopilot that had no bloody idea what it’s doing; schizophrenic aircraft controls that can’t decide if they want to be too sensitive or unresponsive; an attack profile that doesn’t allow for a abort if the target dies or an approach is botched; too many unnecessary actions/voice cues, (the stupid cardboard box carrier pointlessly launching fighters, and voices shouting every little thing that happens;) regular ships getting a tracking lock for their gunfire and torpedoes, and a carrier’s attacks having to be 100% manual.

WG deserves every last bit of hell they catch for this burning dumpster full of summer fermented cafeteria slops of a rework.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3 posts
158 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Is it easier to use? Perhaps; but if you sucked at manual drops under RTS, the new FPS carriers are worse/harder to use.

Understanding the changes, adapting, and liking WG’s piece of (redacted) so-called rework, and the associated three years of utterly wasted effort it represents, are different things.

Too little control of the carrier; an autopilot that had no bloody idea what it’s doing; schizophrenic aircraft controls that can’t decide if they want to be too sensitive or unresponsive; an attack profile that doesn’t allow for a abort if the target dies or an approach is botched; too many unnecessary actions/voice cues, (the stupid cardboard box carrier pointlessly launching fighters, and voices shouting every little thing that happens;) regular ships getting a tracking lock for their gunfire and torpedoes, and a carrier’s attacks having to be 100% manual.

WG deserves every last bit of hell they catch for this burning dumpster full of summer fermented cafeteria slops of a rework.

I dont find it easier, I loved the old system and found it very easy and intuitive. You had control of a set number of planes, and you had a little RTS going. it was a whole lot of fun. This, this is bad, you are right the flight controls are sluggish, i find it harder just due to the bad controls of the planes. 

• Cool 1

[HOLE]
Members
176 posts
2,157 battles

I haven't had any major issues but I prefer to see what I shooting at so I can make any adjustments. If they died before I can drop. Well that part of the game.

[GRETA]
Members
1,249 posts
10,123 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 3:51 PM, RedDawn141 said:

I dont find it easier, I loved the old system and found it very easy and intuitive. You had control of a set number of planes, and you had a little RTS going. it was a whole lot of fun. This, this is bad, you are right the flight controls are sluggish, i find it harder just due to the bad controls of the planes. 

The actual attacks were easier in the rts version however the lack of straifing fighters, manual ship controls and multiple squadrons at any given moment have lowered the overall skill floor considerably. 

WG successful traded a very small group of highly skilled and lethal CV captains for a very large mixed bag of CV captains.   Not signally as influential as pre rework but they are in almost every game now.

[SIM]
Members
1,668 posts
On 2/1/2020 at 9:10 AM, RedDawn141 said:

Having run both old and new, i still rather have the old RTS method.,