You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Krieg121

Co-op battles changed?

20 comments in this topic

Members
146 posts
3,779 battles

Seems that Co-op battles end VERY quickly now, for those of us that are grinding for credits, XP..etc...this is highly annoying. Did something change? ALL my matches today have been 5mins long it seems, ridiculous. Waste of time, flags and money. wth wng?

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,270 posts
22,306 battles

invasion of the randos 

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,709 posts
36,293 battles

WGs idea to make it so (mercy rule).

I have been in 3 min matches too. Makes BBs almost unplayable. By the time you get to see targets, a couple of salvos and it's over.

Silly if you ask me.

• Cool 2

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles

Current set of directives are easier to accomplish in Co-op rather than Random, and since WG seems to be stuck on always having directives each patch for something or another (creativity went out the door once they landed on this formula of directives), then there is rarely a break from being invaded by Random players.  If the directive missions were entirely XP or credit based rather than citadel hits, torpedo hits, fires, etc., that would probably force things in the other direction.  There are also threads about the growing skill disparity in Random battles as well as threads about the matchmaker stacking teams with better players on one side and worse players on the other, causing some players to move to Co-op out of frustration.

[SIMP]
Members
1,610 posts

Yep - look up "Mercy Rule" on the forums.

The completely stupid PvP rule that WG won't remove from Co-op because they like griefing their paying customers... (gee, I wonder why they are desperate to get people to play this game.... hmmm :cap_yes:)

• Funny 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,195 posts
26,846 battles
1 hour ago, Triela50 said:

invasion of the randos 

This, and the Mercy Rule.

If you’re grinding something, push up hard behind someone who’ll draw fire, (bot or a destroyer,) and brawl.

That, or use a baguette with speed boost, take a flank, and farm cits.

Yeah, things suck in PvE right now, but it’s still easier to deal with than Randoms.

Or just play the Op.

Unless you’re soggy drywall or powdered potatoes, Killer Whale is about as easy as it gets.

[WOLF8]
Members
7,646 posts
6,371 battles
38 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Or just play the Op.

Unless you’re soggy drywall or powdered potatoes, Killer Whale is about as easy as it gets.

I say this is probably the most "hassle free" (lol) way to grind something for missions. I personally don't think the Mercy Rule isn't anything like a serious pandemic for Coop, but the Operations does give out more hefty rewards for doing such grinds. And Killer Whale is the easiest to do.

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles

I never, ever, ever use camos and signals in Coop now. Only exception - Perma Camos. It's a total waste of signals and camos, and you don't need anything special to beat the bots anyway.

What really sucks, though, is running the cruiser New Orleans in Coop, even WITH its Perma-Camo, is almost guaranteed to lose you credits (Between 1k and 2k) in Coop. I can only imagine what Tier 8 is like.

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles

My very first Coop game after that last post of mine:

I positioned myself at B Cap. 4 bots rushed A, 4 bots rushed C, one bot rushed the opposite side of B from me.

WoWHawkins2a.JPG

WoWHawkins2b.JPG

WoWHawkins2c.JPG

• Funny 1

[WORX]
Members
12,051 posts
19,514 battles
1 minute ago, MichiganEagle said:

I positioned myself at B Cap. 4 bots rushed A, 4 bots rushed C, one bot rushed the opposite side of B from me.

Change your tactic...  The MOLOTOV knew what he was doing... You should've adapted to the situation...

In this match someone is on top and others in the bottom... If you did not get to kill anyone of the 9 bots... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is your fault not WOWS.

What caught me of guard was, OP humans killed 9 bots in 5 min... impressive.

Adapt OP.

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles
20 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Change your tactic...  The MOLOTOV knew what he was doing... You should've adapted to the situation...

In this match someone is on top and others in the bottom... If you did not get to kill anyone of the 9 bots... I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is your fault not WOWS.

What caught me of guard was, OP humans killed 9 bots in 5 min... impressive.

Adapt OP.

My feeling was one of amusement more than anything. The moment I realized no bots were coming to B, I sped up to reach the gap in the rocks at A Cap but could not get a shot off. Islands on this map are huge.

How would you have played it? Just rushed A with all of my other ships once it became clear that's where they were going? Because by the time the bots were first spotted and the end of the match, I probably had 1 minute or less to "adapt".

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles

Also, I will add that this was the worst "result" I've ever had in Coop. Not the norm, but I have definitely witnessed a few Coops ending in 3.5 minutes or less.

[WORX]
Members
12,051 posts
19,514 battles
14 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

How would you have played it? Just rushed A with all of my other ships once it became clear that's where they were going? Because by the time the bots were first spotted and the end of the match, I probably had 1 minute or less to "adapt".

On the fault line map?? Depends on where I spawned and what side of the map (north or south), middle, right or left...

If I see no one near me that I adapt and go to where they are... In a DD in Co-op, if you spent 5 min setting in a spot.... That is not how to play the game mode.

The other DD in your team knew what to do... He got 2 kills...

WOWS is not going to nerf OP humans because co-op lasted 5min...

The avg. Co-op battle is 5 to 7 min

Edited by Navalpride33

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

On the fault line map?? Depends on where I spawned and what side of the map (north or south), middle, right or left...

If I see no one near me that I adapt and go to where they are... In a DD in Co-op, if you spent 5 min setting in a spot.... That is not how to play the game mode.

The other DD in your team knew what to do... He got 2 kills...

WOWS is not going to nerf OP humans because co-op lasted 5min...

1st sentence - I spawned with a group of 4-5 ships sort of in between Cap A and Cap B (They were almost all in front of Cap A). I was expecting a mass group of red ships to head B and I guess wrongly. I'm ok with that. Sometimes you guess right, sometimes not. In all honesty, I was expecting to sink pretty fast at B since it was me and one other dude nearish C Cap.

2nd sentence - I'm not that stupid. 5 games of Coop taught me right away that Coops and Randoms are not the same. I headed towards B Cap to engage. Hiding behind rocks in cruisers (I was in Hawkins, not a DD) and spamming HE is not what I do in Coop.

3rd sentence - I too when in a DD head straight, but I was a cruiser and going straight would have been into a rock so I had to choose left or right. Again, I chose wrong but am curious to know what you would have done.

4th sentence - Good to know for the general thread I guess. But again, I only wanted to know how you would have adapted in my situation.

5th sentence - I know. I've played between 700-800 Coop games.

So, overall, I am guessing you would have "adapted" at the very start of the match and gone towards A just because that's where the closest group of ships was. Good to know.

• Confused 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,590 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Wow, you get long battles! Went back to my last 30 and figured average. 4 minutes, 17 seconds. Longest 18:28, shortest 2:29. Very few over 6 minutes.

Actually had one that went to 20 minutes but it does not count as I was only human in battle and died early on. Last 13 minutes there were just the two CVs left both doing nothing but border humping. Their AI broke I think LOL.

Members
3,892 posts
14,039 battles
2 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Wow, you get long battles! Went back to my last 30 and figured average. 4 minutes, 17 seconds. Longest 18:28, shortest 2:29. Very few over 6 minutes.

Actually had one that went to 20 minutes but it does not count as I was only human in battle and died early on. Last 13 minutes there were just the two CVs left both doing nothing but border humping. Their AI broke I think LOL.

If they were both bots, the game should of ended in a draw. 

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,117 posts
4,173 battles
3 hours ago, Rollingonit said:

If they were both bots, the game should of ended in a draw. 

If the lone sunk human continues to watch the battle, it plays out until there is a victor if a condition can be met, but if the lone human bails and goes back to port, it immediately ends in a draw.

• Cool 2

Members
3,892 posts
14,039 battles
2 minutes ago, Bonfor said:

If the lone sunk human continues to watch the battle, it plays out until there is a victor if a condition can be met, but if the lone human bails and goes back to port, it immediately ends in a draw.

Ah interesting. Never knew that. 

• Cool 1