You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Bill_Halsey

Opinion on Slava/Pobeda release

13 comments in this topic

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,135 battles

Well, it's been 9 months since the CC's previewed it. They also begged WG not to release it into live servers. They also begged WG not to release the Smol also. Lol. WG has to make money to re rcoup cost for development. So I'm going to assume it's going to be released sooner than later. Anyone has other opinions?

• Boring 2

[HINON]
Members
13,812 posts

You seem to be laboring under the impression that once they make a ship they can never change any parameters about it before release.

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,135 battles
15 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

You seem to be laboring under the impression that once they make a ship they can never change any parameters about it before release.

Yet no second round of tests following user comments came up. Or any dev blog comments stating changes after testing. At least I haven't seen any.

[HINON]
Members
13,812 posts
7 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Yet no second round of tests following user comments came up. Or any dev blog comments stating changes after testing. At least I haven't seen any.

Internal testing can be done before it goes back to the ST.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles
9 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Internal testing can be done before it goes back to the ST.

34 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PEOPLE SERIOUSLY BELIEVE IN THIS

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,694 posts
24,985 battles
4 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

PEOPLE SERIOUSLY BELIEVE IN THIS

Man, I still remember how the lead up to the German DD Line was going.  All the WiP videos the CCs / STs were doing, the German DDs were looking real mediocre.  Concealment, no Stealth Fire compared to IJN & USN DDs was a big concern.  That was the narrative going into the Line's release.

Then, right at the last minute, I think the week prior to the German DD Line's release, WG let out the bomb that "STEALTH FIRE WAS GOING AWAY."

"German Destroyers don't have a Stealth Fire problem if there isn't any Stealth Fire anymore."

Image result for smart black man gif imgur"

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,135 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Man, I still remember how the lead up to the German DD Line was going.  All the WiP videos the CCs / STs were doing, the German DDs were looking real mediocre.  Concealment, no Stealth Fire compared to IJN & USN DDs was a big concern.  That was the narrative going into the Line's release.

Then, right at the last minute, I think the week prior to the German DD Line's release, WG let out the bomb that "STEALTH FIRE WAS GOING AWAY."

"German Destroyers don't have a Stealth Fire problem if there isn't any Stealth Fire anymore."

Image result for smart black man gif imgur"

I think the  week or two after. Because I remember grinding the line and it was a pain because of the gun bloom. So anyway, imo, they'll snuck slava/pobeda up on us. Either some impossible grind, steel or $150.00 asking price.

[UN1]
Members
1,292 posts
4,040 battles
4 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Well, it's been 9 months since the CC's previewed it. They also begged WG not to release it into live servers. They also begged WG not to release the Smol also. Lol. WG has to make money to re rcoup cost for development. So I'm going to assume it's going to be released sooner than later. Anyone has other opinions?

The ship was stupidly strong and put on hold for good reason.  I don't think it's completely down and out of the count though.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,367 posts
7,922 battles
8 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

WG has to make money to re coup cost for development. 

Considering it's a copy/paste + readjusted stats version of Kremlin, I'm guessing they didn't spend much on building the model, so it wouldn't be nearly the dev cost of something more unique like Smol or even the Lunar New Year camo that Bajie has. Perhaps they are saving it for a rainy day, perhaps they haven't figured out what it's new 'flavor' will be (because the one they started on wasn't going to be balanced in any way, shape, or form). If the second one is the problem, I'd suggest giving it a normal BB dispersion curve, dropping the Russian limited damage control and just making it a 'normal BB' alternative to Kremlin, especially given that it would have 16" guns compared to Kremlin's 18" guns. Effectively make it a T10 Russian Iowa of sorts. If nothing else, it could be a starting point for whatever new direction they try to take it in.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,415 posts
12,295 battles

im beginning to wonder if they just scrapped it along with that Italian DD, Leone was it?

[-OG-]
Members
287 posts
8,888 battles
51 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

im beginning to wonder if they just scrapped it along with that Italian DD, Leone was it?

Not sure about the Leone, however, if I recall correctly I think I remember a WG post/employee saying that the Slava has been scrapped. Thank god for that with all the stupid stunts WG has pulled in the past year at least they managed one victory.

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 8:48 AM, Bill_Halsey said:

the ships should be released as it is not as durable as Kremlin  with 32 mm armor, IFHE and overmatched