You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Solo Warrior

27 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,709 battles

Last night i finally got my solo warrior. How many of you our there have this achievement? It was funny that i didn't even realize i was the last one. I just looked up and we won. Very fun game. Post your solo warrior games! Let's see what boats have done it the most. I ran out of time or i would have gotten the kracken. But man that was a fun game. I traveled 87km lol! 2.1 mil potential dmg...lol

shot-20.02.01_00.16.34-0612.jpg?width=1084&height=610+shot-20.02.01_00.16.38-0317.jpg?width=1084&height=610

shot-20.02.01_00.16.52-0864.jpg?width=1084&height=610

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,802 battles

Had one yesterday in a Kitakaze.  We (I) held the caps while my team decided to suicide one after the other.  I didn’t realize we were up by 300 points until almost the end of the game, was a pleasant end to a frustrating game.

edit:  Congrats! They’re not easy to achieve.

Edited by BarneyStyle
  • Cool 1

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
900 posts
13,879 battles

Congrats.

Surprisingly I have 4 of them.

• Cool 1

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,709 battles
38 minutes ago, _GreyBeard_ said:

Congrats.

Surprisingly I have 4 of them.

what boats?

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
900 posts
13,879 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

what boats?

Last one was in the Hosho. The one before that was in my Khaba, but I didn't really earn it, more like given by a team mate. We were the last 2 left with 5 or 6 reds left and about 60 secs left in the game (we were well ahead on points). Next thing I see in chat is "Khaba, enjoy the Solo Warrior", and he went and sailed around and island and rammed the enemy that was coming.

The other 2 I wish I could remember as they happened quite a while ago, and lost any screenshots of them.

• Cool 1

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,330 posts
5,811 battles
4 hours ago, MEANN said:

Post your solo warrior games! Let's see what boats have done it the most

Don't have the results screens here.  I have two of them, one of which I absolutely didn't earn and the other I did.

First one was in Kongo.  Shorty after the match had started and I'd gotten up to speed and set course my 4 year old started throwing a tantrum so I had to abandon the computer and focus on him.  Later, once he was calmed down, I came back to the results screen showing I'd gotten a Solo Warrior.  Best guess is that my team went way up on points before being destroyed and the enemy couldn't find/sink my 30 knot BB that was probably border humping some corner before time ran out.

Second one was in Nelson.  We were up on points and I had two tasks I needed to do to win.  1) I had to prevent the enemy from capping the one cap we still had and 2) if the enemy was contesting it thus stopping our point generation I had to sink one of the four still up.  I knew roughly where their two DDs were, on in cap and one badly damaged DD behind me.  I sailed away from the one behind me while keeping close enough to the one in the cap to reset him.  The one chasing me got desperate as his torps missed due to my zig-zagging and fired on me.  I was able to turn my ship to get all 9 guns to bear on him before he entered concealment again, as I'd been watching for that specific opportunity, and hit him with 2-3 406mm HE shells which secured the win.  I am not sure which team would have won had he stayed concealed, it would have been very close.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Cool 1

[1RD]
Members
169 posts
17,623 battles

Don't have screen shots, but have earned two. Once in ARP Kongo, being in the farthest cap as time ran out. Second was Fletcher, having a pucker moment watching timer go down, torp reload timer and a CA looking for me in my Fletcher.

• Cool 1

[RAGE]
Members
1,985 posts
8,829 battles

My only one was basically by accident. We were around 30 seconds before we won on points when the reds killed 3 of our remaining low health ships.  I was on the other side of the map and didn't even realize I got the solo warrior until I saw the results screen. 

• Cool 1

[RED]
Modder
199 posts
10,085 battles

I have 3.  The first was in a Kutuzov, with no interesting story to it.  Couple ships died with under 30 seconds to go, left me in a 1v4, and we won when time expired.

The second was in a Minsk, bottom tier in a t9 game.  Ended up top of the team with over 2k base xp, and got to listen to one of my dead teammates spend the last 3 minutes telling me that I was the single reason we'd lost the game.  Oops.  :cap_like:

The most recent was in Amagi.  2v4, with a friendly PEF who had less than 3k hp left.  We were behind on points but not by much, and based on the cap situation and the hp that a couple of the enemy ships had left, I felt confident it was a winnable game.  I asked the PEF to hide, stay alive and not give the enemy any more points.  He sailed out from behind an island and died without firing a shot.  Then he spent the rest of the game explaining that I was a moron, the game was already over and we'd lost, blah blah blah.  I sank 2 of the 4 remaining ships, put us ahead, and survived long enough to run out the clock.

[TNG-2]
Members
207 posts
14,678 battles

I have 3. 2 are uninteresting, we had all the caps, I'm in the DD... nobody seems to know how to not throw their ship away... so I run to the corner and we point them out.  1 was in freaking Pensacola (pre-nerf), and I went hog crazy lucky with a double strike and then outplayed a DD that thought open water gunboat for the win would work... then ran away from the New Mexico... and pointed them out.

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,477 battles

I have this many, and congrates on getting it. 

solo warrior.png

[W-P-E]
[W-P-E]
Members
336 posts
24,244 battles

First one in Neptune (I remember got it waiting for car wash), 2nd one in Charles Martel.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,404 posts
13,315 battles
11 hours ago, NashW8 said:

Still one of my favourites. No harm no foul, right?

shot-18_02.17_19_14.43-0849.thumb.jpg.2230533bf231ac2aa46180685f49374c.jpg

How'd that happen? 

I have two, one I sank 4 ships as an Isokaze. 2 Phoenix with 1 torp each, Wyoming for 7 hits, devastating strike possibly, and the Langley for the win. Other one was an Atlanta, original topic here. 

Edited by GandalfTehGray

[-AGW-]
Members
1,006 posts
15,356 battles
44 minutes ago, GandalfTehGray said:

How'd that happen? 

I went right. They all went left or middle and overwhelmed our team. They left nobody to guard the base and I got to their's at full speed without even seeing anyone before they realized it was too late to get back.

We got badly beat, but with no opposition it was an easy cap. Actually it ended with seven of them left :)

[PSP]
Members
564 posts
5,040 battles

In a Graf Spee, a day or two ago. We were winning all game, then things began to turn. Of our remaining three ships, our other Cruiser was sunk with about two minutes to go and our AFK Carrier was then spotted and duly sunk. I had already begun to flee some minutes before to hide. I was well aware of the Solo Warrior achievement when it was happening, but I had forgotten one of the requirements was the other team have 4 ships!

They did.