Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
vikingno2

So whats your opinion

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

477
[-VT-]
Members
1,019 posts
27,477 battles

Played a game this AM, toward the end of the game I said "gg Reds we played stupid" . Then I was told in chat that I was hiding the whole game and did nothing from my team mates I had four kills at that time, I mean WTH.  I was top of the team capped three times and did over 100k of damage, Dev stuck a SINOP killed two DDs, one that had no damage that I gunned down (Yugo), the other I finished off, a radar cruiser and a IJN cruiser and spotted 7 ships. I normally ignore comment like that but damm.  

The reason why I said is we were stupid is because we killed 3 DDs before we lost a ship. We had two caps a couple hundred point lead with them losing 4 ship and us one, with 10 minutes left in the game. Then a cyclone came most of our ships all huddled together in B cap didn't focus on their radar ships and died their.  It was just dumb it happens, I did ask them to shoot he radar ship no profanity just asked they didn't.  If your team plays dumb it is what it is, maybe I was part of the problem maybe I could have kill another one.

1Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,283
[SYN]
Members
3,745 posts
23,913 battles

Potatoes are gonna potato.

Very little can be done when the whole team throw the game away.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,321
[O_O]
Members
6,892 posts
16,520 battles

A DD probably should be hiding the whole game.  You still got the caps, hits and kills...but if you stay undetected aren't you still 'hiding'?

Edited by desmo_2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,720
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,220 battles

My opinion, since you asked for it, is that you let the troll win by getting so upset by his heckling that you went and made a post about it.

<Edit> What does it matter what he said? He's just an afthole on the internet. What do you have to prove to him?

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,039
[ARGSY]
Members
22,219 posts
16,179 battles
18 minutes ago, Lert said:

My opinion, since you asked for it, is that you let the troll win by getting so upset by his heckling that you went and made a post about it.

Perhaps, but I can understand his desire to vent. Turning in a four-kill performance only to be accused of hiding and doing nothing is pretty damn infuriating - even worse when the person who does it is fairly low on the team and actually DID do F-all. 

People who do that deserve descriptions which if typed out here would earn me a lifetime ban from the internet. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,720
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,220 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Turning in a four-kill performance only to be accused of hiding and doing nothing is pretty damn infuriating

Only if you put any value in the opinion of random strangers on the internet. For me to be insulted / infuriated, I must first value someone's opinion.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
477
[-VT-]
Members
1,019 posts
27,477 battles

Not insulted or infuriated just in disbelief that people could even think that way; but best of luck to you all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORCH]
Members
663 posts
17,011 battles

My approach to this game would have been to make no comment at all.  You can pretty easily predict that "we played stupid", even (especially) if true, won't go over well with SOMEONE on the team, and will provoke an angry (and often illogical) response.  You obviously did what you could and still didn't win.  Been there.  I just move on to the next game.

If you're asking what I think of your GAME PLAY...from the post battle stats alone, I see nothing to criticize and much to praise.  You were a DD.  As someone else already pointed out, you were supposed to be "hiding".  "Hiding" is not the same thing as not fighting.  And you certainly must have been fighting.  I see a solo cap and 2 assists, several torpedo hits as well as gun hits, and...oh yeah, the small matter of a kraken.  If you DID manage to stay hidden, well, to my way of thinking fighting that effectively while remaining hidden from the enemy shows the highest level of skill. 

Edited by Midshipman_Hornblower

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,596
[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts

Usually, when I'm the top of the team in the loss, I just figure the rest of the team was worse than me.  If I had a good game, I wonder what could have been, and then shrug. 

If I had a bad game, and still made #1 in the loss, I wonder wth the rest of the team must have been doing, if I did badly and still made the top.  Then I shrug and go on.  What's done is done, and I can only control what I do, not what others do. 

My only action involving the Internet afthole would have been to put him on block so I didn't have to see his drivel again.

 

Edited by Kirov_Six

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
843 posts
4,679 battles
2 hours ago, Camo68 said:

Potatoes are gonna potato

This.

Scrubs will blame everyone but themselves.

Just move on. Don't respond to potato chat because they'll just mass report you. I got a 2 week chat ban for doing that recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
653
[CO-OP]
Members
1,837 posts
26,556 battles

I've had similar comments thrown my way on occasion, and almost always it's by someone who hasn't an 3ffing clue as to what they're talking about. Couple of weeks ago I was told that I had to get involved in the battle, I had over 100k damage, with 2 kills, 1 DD and a devstruck Neptune, and a solo cap. Apparently not enough for this closet Nelson who was already dead in his Cleveland. Pissed me off royally at the time, but you know smegheads will be smegheads.

 

giphy.gif

Edited by Efros

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
632
[WOLF2]
Members
1,654 posts
11,789 battles

It can be frustrating, but I won't berate the team.  We potato'd, we lost, and I start a new match.

If it's directed at me, I almost always ignore it.

Three of us in a match were called cowards, since we weren't taking the A cap on Greece.  Our DD had died, and the red Shima is spamming torps undetected.  Half of the red team was lemming into A.   We weren't running, but falling back slightly - not abandoning defense of the flank.   We got a few, and kept the reds tied up at A, letting our B/C group swing around and easily get the win.

No need to explain in chat, and no need to respond.   We three did what we were supposed to do - stay alive, keep the reds at bay, and provide the finishing cross-fire once the main body arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[PUDEL]
Members
344 posts
1,913 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

People who do that deserve descriptions which if typed out here would earn me a lifetime ban from the internet. :Smile_trollface:

I've had one of those. :Smile_veryhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
166
[PUDEL]
Members
344 posts
1,913 battles
2 hours ago, macktkau2 said:

Scrubs will blame everyone but themselves.

But, it *is* always my fault... :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
560
[WOLFG]
Members
997 posts

I'm sure you would have gotten a negative karma from me.  My rule is that anybody who talks negative or blames somebody on their team gets negative karma.  I know it doesn't mean much, but that's the only tool we have.  I always do my best to win.  Sometimes I make mistakes.  I don't need somebody who thinks they know everything to call me stupid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
371
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,353 posts
9 hours ago, Lert said:

My opinion, since you asked for it, is that you let the troll win by getting so upset by his heckling that you went and made a post about it.

<Edit> What does it matter what he said? He's just an afthole on the internet. What do you have to prove to him?

Hey Lert how come u can say afthole and i get a 3day ban every time i use aft that way lol?(probably get another ban for asking:Smile_ohmy:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
371
[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,353 posts
1 hour ago, Captain_Rawhide said:

I don't need somebody who thinks they know everything to call me stupid.

Especially when they've already been sunk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,072
[WOLFG]
Members
31,233 posts
9,589 battles

I thought we were screwed for sure yesterday. Playing Ranger on Fault Line, I told my CV to head over to better support A cap. Turned out only 1 DD and a CL went that way, and I ended up trying to delay that flank, because everybody else lemminged to C cap. C cap on Fault Line? Who lemmings that way lol? Our team was a torp DD's wet dream, you could have launched a few spreads and not missed a single torp.

I was so sure we were screwed, when somebody said, "hey, don't let the CV die or we're in trouble", (I was alone above A cap and heading east at this point) I said it didn't matter anyway, because everybody went C.

I was happy to eat my words though, we actually won somehow lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
890 posts
2,056 battles

You have to understand - some people just can't take blame on themselves - or they are just literally so bad they don't realize it. They'll dismiss your performance either as just getting lucky or you're a selfish stat-padder.

It is what it is - people always ignore the truth of what's in front of them. Just look at the geo-political situation we're in today... games are no different.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,720
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,768 posts
20,220 battles
15 minutes ago, Kaeldian said:

They'll dismiss your performance either as just getting lucky or you're a selfish stat-padder.

... But everyone worse than me is a n00b and everyone better than me a cheating stet pedder, that's just the way of things.

41 minutes ago, bosco1111 said:

Hey Lert how come u can say afthole and i get a 3day ban every time i use aft that way lol?(probably get another ban for asking:Smile_ohmy:)

Depends? I'm not calling anyone an afthole directly, maybe you did? It also depends, if enough people report me for saying afthole I'll get smacked, forum post moderation seems to go on how much a post gets reported, more than what's said in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
13,378 battles
11 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

Played a game this AM, toward the end of the game I said "gg Reds we played stupid" . Then I was told in chat that I was hiding the whole game and did nothing from my team mates I had four kills at that time, I mean WTH.  I was top of the team capped three times and did over 100k of damage, Dev stuck a SINOP killed two DDs, one that had no damage that I gunned down (Yugo), the other I finished off, a radar cruiser and a IJN cruiser and spotted 7 ships. I normally ignore comment like that but damm.  

The reason why I said is we were stupid is because we killed 3 DDs before we lost a ship. We had two caps a couple hundred point lead with them losing 4 ship and us one, with 10 minutes left in the game. Then a cyclone came most of our ships all huddled together in B cap didn't focus on their radar ships and died their.  It was just dumb it happens, I did ask them to shoot he radar ship no profanity just asked they didn't.  If your team plays dumb it is what it is, maybe I was part of the problem maybe I could have kill another one.

1Capture.PNG

I have always found the ones with the biggest toilet mouth always seem to finish near the bottom.

Ignore them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
890 posts
2,056 battles
25 minutes ago, Lert said:

... But everyone worse than me is a n00b and everyone better than me a cheating stet pedder, that's just the way of things.

 

Unfair Plane! Violet Stat pedder kemp bush!

But yah, no lies detected.

Doesn't matter which game it is, the cognitive dissonance is real.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×