Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grimmortals

[edited] matchups on certain days

12 comments in this topic

[PRDEF]
Members
22 posts

Has anyone noticed that no matter how well you play, on certain days you can rarely get a win. Yet next day you cant lose as bad as you play? I have seen repeatedly, on the bad days days broadside shots hit like crap and I understand the RNG can always happen but when it happens repeatedly, I call [edited] to wargaming. On same day im angled correctly and get hit hard and my shots hit nothing on [edited] targets. Anyone that doesnt think some games rigged is a sheep. I can play with true RNG, not always gonna get what ya think should happen, but in 2-3 shots damage should occur, give us what we deserve wargaming.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
18 minutes ago, Grimmortals said:

Has anyone noticed that no matter how well you play, on certain days you can rarely get a win.

Yes, it is called Friday evening and all of Saturday. Happens every week.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[PRDEF]
Members
22 posts

And if you look at the match ups, some I can see, 7 premium on 1 side, 2 on other. While that isnt a tell all, unless the premium ship captains are [edited], they have huge advantage.

But if you shoot great shots and RNG doesnt do damage that should be expected, what can ya do. I hit a [edited] bb for 3000, and he hits be for 8k bow on repeatedly. Jst [edited].

0 posts
1 hour ago, Grimmortals said:

And if you look at the match ups, some I can see, 7 premium on 1 side, 2 on other. While that isnt a tell all, unless the premium ship captains are [edited], they have huge advantage.

But if you shoot great shots and RNG doesnt do damage that should be expected, what can ya do. I hit a [edited] bb for 3000, and he hits be for 8k bow on repeatedly. Jst [edited].

excepting a few examples, (Belfast, Massmychaussettes*, OPterprise for example) the majority of premium ships don't have an advantage over *fully upgraded tech tree ship equivalents, with tier appropriately specced captains. The outcome depends on who (the players) is driving the premium/tech tree ships.

Reward ships, which are more easily obtained by those who spend large sums of money (most recent example Pay2Rico at tier 10), are borderline issues. The exclusively premium/reward nature of t9 and 10 Supercruisers is not very flattering for WOWS, it gives a very poor impression to outside observers, painting a distinct pay2win appearance (even if that seems unfair for those who earned these reward ships, as prizes for their gameplay efforts).

*But, that's part of the issue of pay2win problematic here in WOWS, those who are grinding the tech tree, and who lack free xp to accelerate past the upgrade obstacles and captain retraining, do suffer a disadvantage. 

[0456]
Members
496 posts
9,120 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

Yes, it is called Friday evening...

i was on some particularly heinous teams last night, mostly Tier 10.  can't remember the map, but in a effort to help out a allied Smolensk , who had lost 1/3 health with a smoke, (they got deleted anyway for refusing to stop shooting in the cloud), i was rewarded with the claim in chat with, "plz report our Yueyang for trying to kill me".  they then gave the enemy team my map location much to my chagrin.  i had'nt launched torps or fired any stray shells, so i IM'd after the battle to inquire (politely), what had been the problem to which i received no reply.  kinda funny now, was'nt so much then.  still wondering though

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

0 posts
3 minutes ago, y_vonne said:

so i IM'd after the battle to inquire (politely), what had been the problem to which i received no reply. 

In my view it isn't a good idea to message toxic players after a battle. I have, on the other hand, an excellent collection of chat logs, where I have been contacted in game by irate toxic types, and some hilarious conversations as they spew forth with salty prose. 

The best thing you can do is either ignore, or report, and if you feel very badly done by, submit a ticket with screenshot and replay to support. You may feel a bit alone in the match, if nobody speaks up on your behalf, don't worry, most of your team are not blind to what has occurred.

• Cool 1

[BEA5T]
Members
482 posts
16,512 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

In my view it isn't a good idea to message toxic players after a battle. I have, on the other hand, an excellent collection of chat logs, where I have been contacted in game by irate toxic types, and some hilarious conversations as they spew forth with salty prose. 

The best thing you can do is either ignore, or report, and if you feel very badly done by, submit a ticket with screenshot and replay to support. You may feel a bit alone in the match, if nobody speaks up on your behalf, don't worry, most of your team are not blind to what has occurred.

Is there a location of these Chat logs so we can see what was said in each battle ?

0 posts
11 minutes ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Is there a location of these Chat logs so we can see what was said in each battle ?

no, you have to screenshot and archive on, your hard drive, or on an image sharing website (I use my discord server).

But, Wargaming does keep the chat logs, and it can and does scan player chat logs.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

Could you imagine if they had a script that automatically had someone review any chat message sent between players within 2 minutes of a match ending between said players?  The amount of chat bans would be humorous (would be guilty myself sadly lol)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,341 posts
13,469 battles

Here's the secret of WoWS business model: No matter what you do, the outcome of a match is overwhelmingly RNG based. This is how they keep the really bad casual players. They get occasional positive feedback so they don't get sick of constant losing.

The layers upon layers of RNG in this game to even the odds is beyond comprehension. And that's why even AFK players get over 30% WR. And that's why bots work so well for grinding.

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,705 battles
1 hour ago, chewonit said:

Here's the secret of WoWS business model: No matter what you do, the outcome of a match is overwhelmingly RNG based. This is how they keep the really bad casual players. They get occasional positive feedback so they don't get sick of constant losing.

The layers upon layers of RNG in this game to even the odds is beyond comprehension. And that's why even AFK players get over 30% WR. And that's why bots work so well for grinding.

Sign in to follow this