Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN

5 new free weeb boats.

37 comments in this topic

Members
132 posts
5,993 battles

Props to WG for letting us earn 5 of these suckers for free. Remarkerable uncharacteristic of WG as of late, so the proposition is more than welcome. 

That being said, I really don't watch anime (I might if the event peaks my interest), but I plan to earn the ships regardless, if for nothing else but to sell them (BEWARE they currently sell for 50% of their worth in credits and that lasts for 11 days). Then again, I might not sell them, I just don't know yet. 

Then again, I can't imagine needing 4 premium Kongos so I don't know. 

Are all 4 versions of the ships the same?  Does any one of them stand out in any kind of way? Is any one of them more favorable because of ship lore or lore of her captain? 

I'm looking for a little insight on how I should approach which I should sell (if any) or which I should keep (if any).

Thanks all!

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

All the Kongos are the same, and all the Myokos are the same. Just clones. And there is Takeo, the Atago clone.

Maybe keep the one whos color you like best.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,632 battles

Or just keep them all y'know!

• Cool 4

Beta Testers
363 posts
12,391 battles
15 minutes ago, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Are all 4 versions of the ships the same?  Does any one of them stand out in any kind of way? Is any one of them more favorable because of ship lore or lore of her captain?

The captains provide different voiceovers - Kongou's the "I am the Dark Mistress, obey me" sort, Kirishima's energetic, Haruna's quiet, and I've forgotten what Hiei's like.  Maybe play a few games with each so you can decide which (if any) you like listening to.

The ships are all identical - Kongou == Hiei == Kirishima == Haruna == tech-tree Kongo with maxed modules.  You may want to keep them all, just so you can build them differently.  For example, I have Kongou with a generic build, Kirishima with a secondary build, and Haruna with a survivability build.  It's a minor annoyance that the model is specifically Hiei, when the anime was able to distinguish between them, but it's understandable from a "cost versus benefit" perspective.

Of course, if you absolutely detested your time in the tech-tree Kongo, you can go ahead and sell them all and use the port slots for something you do enjoy.  But I for one like the fastest, longest-ranged tier 5 battleship.

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
12 minutes ago, DeMatt said:

I've forgotten what Hiei's like

Hiei is a disciplinarian

12 minutes ago, DeMatt said:

But I for one like the fastest, longest-ranged tier 5 battleship.

I can't seem to hit anything from range; I'll grab CE and have more practice

Edited by destawaits

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,210 posts

I set up all the Kongos differently either guns traverse or a what were you thinking of secondary build or a get up and go accelerated model.

The skys  the limit. Myokos too.

[PVE]
Members
10,755 posts
18,502 battles

So wait a minute, I can add 5 more to my port count, or do I actually own these already since, well, before? With having to take care of granny and mostly me, I can't keep track so well any more. If it wasn't for kitavix, I wouldn't even know what to do any more.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[HINON]
Members
13,845 posts
2 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So wait a minute, I can add 5 more to my port count, or do I actually own these already since, well, before? With having to take care of granny and mostly me, I can't keep track so well any more. If it wasn't for kitavix, I wouldn't even know what to do any more.

If you already have them, you get a nice amount of credits.

• Cool 1

[KOTSB]
Members
207 posts
10,783 battles

And snowflake events in the future might give rewards for T5 and up ships. The last one did not but events before have. Tako gave me some steel and coal over the past year. 

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
4 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

All the Kongos are the same, and all the Myokos are the same. Just clones. And there is Takeo, the Atago clone.

Don't have the Atago and was considering my first purchase (Takeo) for as long back as I can remember (maybe first time Mass B was available).

But $12 more for the Takeo over the Atago and you don't get both the camos :Smile_amazed:- of course there will be plenty that have the cash to buy her anyway, but I feel that 'grab' by WG sometimes just cuts off so many opportunities to take my money too! :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts

I just like the historical side of having the whole Kongo class in my port.  The IJN BBs that actually got used a lot, unlike Yamato and Musashi that sat in port a lot, and were used too late, too little.

YMMV.

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
6 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

If they release that Red ARP Myoko, that one looks awesome. Very nice color scheme, used it back when I was a Corgi Captain.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles

I’ll be happy to have them in my port.

Not crazy about the captain voices, but to each their own. Can always put a normal IJN captain on these ships.

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
7 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They are not all clones, Kirishima and Hiei have structural differences than Kongo, you can see it in port.

[PUDEL]
Members
375 posts
1,982 battles
1 hour ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I’ll be happy to have them in my port.

Not crazy about the captain voices, but to each their own. Can always put a normal IJN captain on these ships.

I got lots of 3 point IJN captains waiting.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,735 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 2:00 AM, CAPTAIN_JACK_HOLDEN said:

Props to WG for letting us earn 5 of these suckers for free. Remarkerable uncharacteristic of WG as of late, so the proposition is more than welcome. 

That being said, I really don't watch anime (I might if the event peaks my interest), but I plan to earn the ships regardless, if for nothing else but to sell them (BEWARE they currently sell for 50% of their worth in credits and that lasts for 11 days). Then again, I might not sell them, I just don't know yet. 

Then again, I can't imagine needing 4 premium Kongos so I don't know. 

I'm looking for a little insight on how I should approach which I should sell (if any) or which I should keep (if any).

Thanks all!

:Smile_smile:

The biggest thing to me, is they're premiums now! And anytime you can run a prem to support your credit and FXP intake is a good time!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 3

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
On 2/1/2020 at 9:33 AM, Raven2303 said:

They are not all clones, Kirishima and Hiei have structural differences than Kongo, you can see it in port.

Wonder if there are differences in the ARP ships, because back when I was a Corgi Captain other than Graf Spee the most commonly used ships for me were the ARP ships. And even though I was priority target #1 for the entire enemy team I would pull better results in the ARP ships than I could manage in the normal versions. Granted the improvements would be subtle, but I am highly suspicious there are secret improvements to them. And as I stated in another post WOT Blitz Anime vehicles are improved over the normal version or over their closest rival vehicles. Yet another reason I pleasantly suspect WR has the ARP ships enhanced.

[ABCD3]
Members
512 posts
13,853 battles

A colorful event I must say.   Challenging but achievable to get at least one or more of these ships.   Not like the unrealistic missions that WoT makes you grind for just one tank.

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Wonder if there are differences in the ARP ships, because back when I was a Corgi Captain other than Graf Spee the most commonly used ships for me were the ARP ships. And even though I was priority target #1 for the entire enemy team I would pull better results in the ARP ships than I could manage in the normal versions. Granted the improvements would be subtle, but I am highly suspicious there are secret improvements to them. And as I stated in another post WOT Blitz Anime vehicles are improved over the normal version or over their closest rival vehicles. Yet another reason I pleasantly suspect WR has the ARP ships enhanced.

Was playing with my Hiei and there was an atlanta over a hill shooting at my teammate, so i popped my spotter plane, and lucky enough he was broadside, so i shot, and ended up deleting him from the game, he was full health, this was also first blood, so maybe lol.

[ARC]
Members
1,048 posts
11,355 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Keep them, or you'll get them as drops in things like Santa Crates.

So much this.

The 4 Kongos are identical twins (even the 3D model is the same, original Hiei 1941 I think), the 4 Myokos are identical twins (the 3D model is the same, original unknown) and the ARP Takao is identical to Atago (original model is Atago 1940, I think). If you are not a collector you could have sold 3 of each tier, but if they come again in a Santa crate it's going to be infuriating xD

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,358 posts
1 hour ago, Raven2303 said:

Was playing with my Hiei and there was an atlanta over a hill shooting at my teammate, so i popped my spotter plane, and lucky enough he was broadside, so i shot, and ended up deleting him from the game, he was full health, this was also first blood, so maybe lol.

Also good for clubbing CV sealclubbers in t4 matches LOL:Smile_trollface:

Members
3,664 posts
42,574 battles
36 minutes ago, _BlackHawk4_ said:

I must be one of the few people who got all 9 originally and kept them.

I got them all.

The daily bonus and the new bonuses now create an incentive to play them.

Performance wise, should be same as regular Kongo.

Same goes for the Myoko sisters.

Takao is same as Atago.

Besides it's cool to sail around in a purple Battleship.

I bet Mace Windu would like that ship.

Blue is my favorite color, so Takao is not going anywhere.

And the new camo is interesting.

There's something for everyone and it's up to you to decide what to keep.

Just remember, it might show up in a super container.

Sign in to follow this