You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MassiveSalvo

Beginner CV tips?

6 comments in this topic

[WORST]
Members
142 posts
17,169 battles

I used the old CVs, never really learned above tier 6.

I have tried up to tier 10 with IJN CVs and just now beginning to get a feel though back at tier 8. I seem to miss that 1 extra torp a lot, any suggestions for always getting all your torps on target or are just some ships too agile? I've been doing a lot better with my rockets. My AP Bombs could use some work, got my first Triple Cit 30k deletion on a BB tonight. 

I'm averaging about 70-100k per but I would like to do better, suggestions?

[RLGN]
Members
15,170 posts
26,814 battles

I honestly don’t know what to say; even with your apparent self doubt, your indicated damage amounts and that you even care enough to feel it’s worth trying to play high tier carriers indicates a level of confidence miles above my own.

As to what you said; I refer you to the following image;

Missing with the current version of carriers is partly an issue of lead, maneuver compensation, and for (non-carpet) bombs, proper drop height.

Mastering those is just practice, practice, and more practice.

Fortunately, it’s a two-for-one deal; as you get to practice dealing with/dodging AA at the same time.

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,850 posts
17,431 battles
34 minutes ago, MassiveSalvo said:

are just some ships too agile?

Some captains are just good at dodging. Yes some ships make for good torpedo beats. 

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
1 hour ago, MassiveSalvo said:

I have tried up to tier 10 with IJN CVs and just now beginning to get a feel though back at tier 8. I seem to miss that 1 extra torp a lot, any suggestions for always getting all your torps on target or are just some ships too agile? I've been doing a lot better with my rockets. My AP Bombs could use some work, got my first Triple Cit 30k deletion on a BB tonight. 

Compared with me, you're doing fine.  :-)

I hit a DD the other night by using torpedo planes from a Langley that I purchased the same night.  It is the first time I hit a DD with two torpedoes in the same strike.  I almost felt bad for that sunken DD player.  But, don't worry, his team mate in an Emile' Bertin sank me with gunfire.  :-)

Some players are better at dodging than others.  The really good ones earn a "Worthy Adversary" compliment.

Just to clarify, is that "70-100k" in damage or in credits earned?  

Good luck.  Have fun.  :-)

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,365 posts
22,158 battles

Stop your never going to get better....

Oh wait your not just starting so it's too late to prevent you from tier 10....

Just takes lots of practice. 

For my sake, I hope you don't get any better. :)

• Cool 1

[KSC]
Members
840 posts
11,429 battles
1 hour ago, MassiveSalvo said:

While there are damage farming CVs that aim for 150k+ per battle, the CV class is intended for situational support.  It's not uncommon to farm 150-200k and lose repeatedly.  You can oppress DDs and wound flanks to aid your team with only 50-70k a battle and win repeatedly.  You'll find your style, but if their CV aids their 11 other players while you just hunt stuff to pew, you're ceding control of the map.

• Cool 1