You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

Tier 3 Encounter/Operation - Operation Dogger

23 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles

So I am going to submit an operation with a small caveat. This would be a tier 3 scenario. This is loosely based around the Battle of Jutland but exactly it. Here's how it would shake down.

The Premise

After a major fleet battle, enemy ships are retreating south. The naval command has called your reinforcements to intercept and keep them occupied so they can join up and defeat them.

Guidelines

Team Size - 7 (ships have to be tier 3), 2 AI repair ships

Number of enemy waves - 3

Map - Custom included at bottom. Team starts at Star, enemy waves come from bottom and tops of map.

Wave 1 - Scouting Force

3 tier 3 CA/CL’s 

2 tier 2 DD

Wave 2 - Reinforcements

2 tier 4 BB’s

3 tier 2 CA/CL’s

2 tier 5 DD’s

Wave 3 - Main force

2 tier 4 BB’s

1 tier 5 BB

4 tier 4 CA/CL’s

4 tier 4 DD’s

Wave 3.5 - Friendly Reinforcements

5 tier 5 BB’s join once half of the wave 3 enemies total hit points are gone

Primary Tasks

- Destroy all main force ships before they can leave to the bottom of the map

- Survive till the friendly main force joins up with you

Secondary Tasks (1 star for each one completed)

- 50% of player ships survive encounter

- Destroy all enemy battleships

- All AI ships survive

- First wave defeated before second wave started

- Second and first wave defeated before third wave started

I have yet to determine rewards as of yet. Map is at bottom.

Map.jpg

• Cool 8

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
1 minute ago, destawaits said:

It wouldn't hurt to introduce new players to operations either.

That's a main reason I want this. The other is it would bring experienced more players to tier 3 to interact with new playera.

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
2 minutes ago, otakuben said:

That's a main reason I want this. The other is it would bring experienced more players to tier 3 to interact with new playera.

Indeed, and guide new players they could. It would help increase the operations population, but WG only seems interested in randbats for the meantime.

Edited by destawaits

Members
1,438 posts
20,188 battles
2 hours ago, otakuben said:

So I am going to submit an operation with a small caveat. This would be a tier 3 scenario. This is loosely based around the Battle of Jutland but exactly it. Here's how it would shake down.

The Premise

After a major fleet battle, enemy ships are retreating south. The naval command has called your reinforcements to intercept and keep them occupied so they can join up and defeat them.

Guidelines

Team Size - 7 (ships have to be tier 3), 2 AI repair ships

Number of enemy waves - 3

Map - Custom included at bottom. Team starts at Star, enemy waves come from bottom and tops of map.

Wave 1 - Scouting Force

3 tier 3 CA/CL’s 

2 tier 2 DD

Wave 2 - Reinforcements

2 tier 4 BB’s

3 tier 2 CA/CL’s

2 tier 5 DD’s

Wave 3 - Main force

2 tier 4 BB’s

1 tier 5 BB

4 tier 4 CA/CL’s

4 tier 4 DD’s

Wave 3.5 - Friendly Reinforcements

5 tier 5 BB’s join once half of the wave 3 enemies total hit points are gone

Primary Tasks

- Destroy all main force ships before they can leave to the bottom of the map

- Survive till the friendly main force joins up with you

Secondary Tasks (1 star for each one completed)

- All player ships survive encounter

- Destroy all enemy battleships

- All AI ships survive

- First wave defeated before second wave started

- Second and first wave defeated before third wave started

I have yet to determine rewards as of yet. Map is at bottom.

Map.jpg

Looks good to me. There would only be one real issue. The secondary task of all player ships surviving would be a very easy star to lose, even with repair ships. Even an organized group like Hoperations may have issues with consistently getting five stars depending on who is on, how the enemy ships spawn, and the timing of the spawns.

You may want to make it like Killer Whale with 75% or 50% of player ships. If it is kept as all player ships surviving, bringing destroyers may actually be critical to not failing this task.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
7 hours ago, Lightninger said:

Looks good to me. There would only be one real issue. The secondary task of all player ships surviving would be a very easy star to lose, even with repair ships. Even an organized group like Hoperations may have issues with consistently getting five stars depending on who is on, how the enemy ships spawn, and the timing of the spawns.

You may want to make it like Killer Whale with 75% or 50% of player ships. If it is kept as all player ships surviving, bringing destroyers may actually be critical to not failing this task.

I wasn't sure how hard it would be to accomplish so maybe that would be a good alternative then.

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
7 hours ago, Lightninger said:

I agree, especially when this operation is proposed for T3. People die in random operations all the time, too.

Edited by destawaits

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
11 minutes ago, ItsSubmersible said:

I like it! Good for new/experienced players. Now to get WG to actually do it.

That is a whole different monster to tackle

• Cool 1

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,309 battles

Personally, I'd love to see more Ops.  And one to help out newer players all the more.  But as Mr. Smirkway says in every stream when asked, he seems to take joy in saying WG isn't doing anything more with Ops.  

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
34 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Personally, I'd love to see more Ops.  And one to help out newer players all the more.  But as Mr. Smirkway says in every stream when asked, he seems to take joy in saying WG isn't doing anything more with Ops.  

Which is unfortunate as it is a popular game mode. Maybe enough support will change minds but I doubt it.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
3 hours ago, Mego_Splat said:

Great concept.. Warming needs to give us ops at every tier.

I agree with this completely save for tiers 1 and 2.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
7 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

This is such a good an idea that WG will have to reject it.:cap_popcorn:

I feel both happy and sad, all at once.

• Funny 1

Members
1,483 posts
17,719 battles

I think you did a good job thinking this out. Without much trouble it could even be used for tier 4 or 5 ops. A tier 5 version would of course be used by players to take out daily mission grinds. Which is of course why WG is no longer investing in new...or even the old... operations. It's too easy for players to earn in game currency so there's no need to open up the wallet to speed up the process.

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,309 battles
5 hours ago, otakuben said:

Which is unfortunate as it is a popular game mode. Maybe enough support will change minds but I doubt it.

Enough requests only serves to give the St. Pete employees of WG more opportunities to hone their skills of condescension.  

Edited by ZARDOZ_II

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
1 hour ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I think you did a good job thinking this out. Without much trouble it could even be used for tier 4 or 5 ops. A tier 5 version would of course be used by players to take out daily mission grinds. Which is of course why WG is no longer investing in new...or even the old... operations. It's too easy for players to earn in game currency so there's no need to open up the wallet to speed up the process.

I dont think it would be hard to up tier this at all. However if they do it I would want it to be tier 3 to have that feel of ww1 era battle line.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,112 battles
19 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Enough requests only serves to give the St. Pete employees of WG more opportunities to hone their skills of condescension.  

Not wrong.