You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

I realize all WG cares about now is making money, but... it would be nice if they could fix the worst mechanic in the game.

41 comments in this topic

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,351 battles

Ramming.

Full health Massachusetts gets rammed by a Vladivostok with 1000 HP and both die.

Absolutely stupid mechanic.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 7

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts

Pretty obvious which ship the OP was in.

If 35-45K tons of BB hits you, it's going to hurt, even if it's on fire and sinking.

• Cool 2

Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
22 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ramming.

Full health Massachusetts gets rammed by a Vladivostok with 1000 HP and both die.

You mean a click box that allows you to either hit one button to ensure all your ships have premium consumables loaded.

A check box option for each ship to add flags and camos so you aren't clicking 16+ to add flags

You mean a one page screen that shows all options you have available per ship, upgrades, consumables, flags, camos....

Nah, to easy no one wants a more streamline game.... Plus, that way it may be harder to detect if you are losing doubloons each game.

Edited by Waxing_Gibbous
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,346 posts
9,637 battles
26 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Ramming.

Why did you let him ram you, and why did you not expect it, from an almost-dead BB?

• Funny 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,351 battles
7 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

You mean a click box that allows you to either hit one button to ensure all your ships have premium consumables loaded.

A check box option for each ship to add flags and camos so you aren't clicking 16+ to add flags

You mean a one page screen that shows all options you have available per ship, upgrades, consumables, flags, camos....

Nah, to easy no one wants a more streamline game.... Plus, that way it may be harder to detect if you are losing doubloons each game.

?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles

Just because a ship is nearly dead doesn't mean it suddenly has less displacement. 50k ton at 30 knots is still 50k ton at 30 knots.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,351 battles
12 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Pretty obvious which ship the OP was in.

If 35-45K tons of BB hits you, it's going to hurt, even if it's on fire and sinking.

At 5 knots it would tear you up, not cause you to detonate.

Oh, and in case you missed it... this is not a sim, it's an arcade game with stupid mechanics that require no skill.

One of these days I am going make a thread called "Tomorrow the sun will rise" just to see how many nozzleheads come out of the woodwork to post "NO IT WON'T".

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,351 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Just because a ship is nearly dead doesn't mean it suddenly has less displacement. 50k ton at 30 knots is still 50k ton at 30 knots.

Who said anything about 30 knots?

But I forget this apparently is a sim, except when it isn't.  That makes it easier for pedants to always be right.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

At 5 knots it would tear you up, not cause you to detonate.

Oh, and in case you missed it... this is not a sim, it's an arcade game with stupid mechanics that require no skill.

One of these days I am going make a thread called "Tomorrow the sun will rise" just to see how many nozzleheads come out of the woodwork to post "NO IT WON'T".

It's part of the game.  You can play it, or not.  Your call.

[YORHA]
Members
5,200 posts
10,351 battles
4 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Why did you let him ram you, and why did you not expect it, from an almost-dead BB?

Because I was fighting 3 ships at the time and being focused by the carrier.  I Any other course I would have been broadside to an Iowa.

Members
4,247 posts
9,879 battles
2 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

it's an arcade game with stupid mechanics that require no skill. 

Nonsense--Pong or Battleships is an "arcade game"; there is skill here Sir, and the fact that you might be lacking does not excuse your lack of prescience.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles
3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Who said anything about 30 knots?

Me. It was just a number as example, since you didn't specify how fast anyone was going in your example.

3 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

But I forget this apparently is a sim, except when it isn't.  That makes it easier for pedants to always be right.

Max hitpoints is a function of displacement. Ramming damage is a function of max hitpoints. A ship being damaged doesn't change its displacement. The mechanics are simplified, but based on that.

If you think that's stupid, well, that's your prerogative. Personally I have to wonder why you were in a position at nearly full health to be rammed by someone nearly dead. If I were him I would've done the same.

<Edit> You've answered why you were in a position to be rammed:

" Because I was fighting 3 ships at the time and being focused by the carrier. "

... And yet, fighting three ships at the same time and being focused by a carrier, you were at nearly full health? How does that work?

• Funny 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,850 posts
17,429 battles
7 minutes ago, Lert said:

:Smile_great:

[WOLF1]
Members
6,040 posts
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Personally I have to wonder why you were in a position at nearly full health to be rammed by someone nearly dead. If I were him I would've done the same.

Agreed.  I've been there myself, on both sides, and when I was the one rammed, it was my fault.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,783 posts
20,267 battles
1 minute ago, Kirov_Six said:

Agreed.  I've been there myself, on both sides, and when I was the one rammed, it was my fault.

To be fair, a Massa is slower than a Vladi.

[SIM]
Members
5,587 posts
9,012 battles

Or you could learn to anticipate obvious situations like that and not put yourself in a position to be ramned at all. 

• Cool 2

[KNCOL]
Members
814 posts
2,038 battles

A F2P game company only cares about money? Really no way. Next your going to tell me the sky is blue and grass is green

[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,153 battles
50 minutes ago, Lert said:

^Exactly this.  Just because a 50k ton ship is a wreck doesn't mean that it's still not a 50k ton ship.  A 50 k ton ship will do the same ramming damage, whether it's fully healthy or a total wreck, as long as it's still floating and moving.

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,234 battles

Actually didn't they change the mechanic? I feel like there has been a change. That say for example if you were reversing and he hit your bow it no longer deducts the full HP of their ship.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,343 posts
13,470 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Exactly. Now. A 99% damaged ship still making flank speed is a totally different can of worms.