Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LupusMalum

Wil the ARS Nova, Iona Submarine be made available, when subs come to the game.

16 comments in this topic

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
18,112 battles

Iona, the Mental Model of Japanese submarine I-401, just wondering because I would like to have it, hopefully, it won't get nerf avalanched like the Kleber. Yes, I am still salty.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,343 posts
13,469 battles

Will WG leave the low hanging fruit on the money tree unpicked?

• Funny 5

[BB35]
Members
116 posts
20,792 battles
1 minute ago, chewonit said:

LOL, came here to post exactly this. 

• Cool 1

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,872 posts
7,650 battles
13 minutes ago, LupusMalum said:

Iona, the Mental Model of Japanese submarine I-401, just wondering because I would like to have it, hopefully, it won't get nerf avalanched like the Kleber. Yes, I am still salty.

It would be hard to nerf something that isn't even out yet.  The real problem is that submarines have not been finalized yet, and the timetable for them to be actually introduced is also not finalized.  I don't see how WG could commit to the release of a submarine model that requires the collaboration of the outside source to be still active when they don't know if the entire submarine mechanic will be in the game in time for it.  Thus, I doubt very much you will see any kind of information on this in the foreseeable future, unless normal submarine play is introduced first.

Understandably, quite a few of us would like to have certain ships (U.S.S. New Jersey, where are you?), but that isn't going to get them into the game.  Only if WG feels there is a point to putting in the work to get them in will decide that.

• Cool 1

[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,981 battles

The Sentoku subs, if they ever make their way into the game, would probably have the ability to launch scout planes, allowing her to detect ships whilst deep underwater.

[WNNR]
[WNNR]
Members
411 posts
18,112 battles
23 minutes ago, chewonit said:

This comment made my day. 

[RLGN]
Members
15,151 posts
26,789 battles

They might release an I-400 class premium, with an ARP I-401 skin being made available?

[TF16B]
Modder
672 posts
830 battles

If anything, I might pick up the commander so that when we do get subs, I'll have a 11 pt Japanese commander ready to go.

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,500 battles
11 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

They might release an I-400 class premium, with an ARP I-401 skin being made available?

That would be awesome.  I'd buy her!  That being said, I wouldn't hold my breath on it.  If they can get the okay to run the collab again when submarines drop, then there is a chance she'll show.

[WOLFC]
Members
520 posts
7,760 battles

I honestly doubt we'll ever see an I-400 class in game, and the IP would the be the least of the issues. 1) The I-400s were nearly twice the displacement some late war destroyers, and 2) they were primarily aircraft carriers that submerged. My guess that second part would really throw some people into a tizzy.

Not saying it wouldn't be cool, though. Just a huge pain to squeeze in. My guess is if we see any of the oddball subs, it'll likely be something like Surcouf and USS Argonaut/Narwal.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,734 posts
7,251 battles
50 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

I honestly doubt we'll ever see an I-400 class in game, and the IP would the be the least of the issues. 1) The I-400s were nearly twice the displacement some late war destroyers, and 2) they were primarily aircraft carriers that submerged. My guess that second part would really throw some people into a tizzy.

Eeeeeek....  You want to talk about a salt bonanza!   

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

they didn't add aviation battleships,what makes you think they will add submarine aircraft carriers?

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I am saving blue camo, do one way or the other my I-400 will look as ARP as possible. Just hoping they add Iona as earn able captain in missions as I can’t spend cash on the game.

[NONE]
Members
3,757 posts
1 hour ago, LupusMalum said:

***SPOILER ALERT!***

In the anime film series finale, Cadenza, we learn that Iona was never really her own individual self. She was a dual-core creation of Yamato, made to set the stage for Yamato's final confrontation with Musashi.

If you have Yamato or want to grind for her, Iona would make an appropriate commander there too, at least until WeeGee expands the fleet.

[RLGN]
Members
15,151 posts
26,789 battles
15 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

If you have Yamato or want to grind for her...

Don’t have her.

Kept a promise to myself and refused to get her until Musashi came out. Bonus points for her being a pre-refit version with the 4x3 Mogami turrets secondary battery.

Not sure I even really want to get it.

Sign in to follow this