Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ayanami_Kai

Now that the ARP ships are back

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

190
[-KIA-]
Members
820 posts
11,242 battles

Can we get the Yokosuka port back too so that I won't need to DL the port from a mod every time the game updates now? I miss this port so much.

da6j1lw-813ae0f7-9689-4218-9f79-c57beb13aae6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M2YzA5ODY3LTBiNDAtNGY1YS04OWI4LWZjZTk1NWRhMGRmN1wvZGE2ajFsdy04MTNhZTBmNy05Njg5LTQyMTgtOWY3OS1jNTdiZWIxM2FhZTYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.rUaS2GbUOHEkugtizrtyFRNL0RhBgZ14b8HACA7xC9c

A very old picture that I took back in 2016 where I still run the game at 10 FPS back in the day XD

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[TF16B]
Modder
672 posts
837 battles

Wish there was an ARP carrier :Smile_teethhappy: but a port to go with the ships would have been a nice touch.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
342
[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
56 minutes ago, Mailman653 said:

Wish there was an ARP carrier :Smile_teethhappy: but a port to go with the ships would have been a nice touch.

Except they won't even have planes since they were all destroyed

Zuikaku the support carrier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,001 posts
5,814 battles
28 minutes ago, destawaits said:

Except they won't even have planes since they were all destroyed

Zuikaku the support carrier

The lack of planes in their story's lore, hardly matters if they were included into the game. WG would make ARP Zuikaku and ARP Lexington by copypasting Shokaku and Lexington.

I'd say the bigger issue is since ARP Zuikaku and ARP Lexington are characters restricted to the monochrome manga, they don't have an official colour scheme, no anime character art which fits in with the current ARP captains, and no voice actress.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
342
[LSNB]
Members
1,636 posts
4,989 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

they don't have an official colour scheme

I guess they could try to make something out of the color scheme from manga's cover art

You know what I just thought of? ARP U-2501.

Edited by destawaits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
98
[ERN]
[ERN]
Members
660 posts
10,786 battles
On 1/31/2020 at 10:54 AM, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Can we get the Yokosuka port back too so that I won't need to DL the port from a mod every time the game updates now? I miss this port so much.

da6j1lw-813ae0f7-9689-4218-9f79-c57beb13aae6.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2M2YzA5ODY3LTBiNDAtNGY1YS04OWI4LWZjZTk1NWRhMGRmN1wvZGE2ajFsdy04MTNhZTBmNy05Njg5LTQyMTgtOWY3OS1jNTdiZWIxM2FhZTYuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.rUaS2GbUOHEkugtizrtyFRNL0RhBgZ14b8HACA7xC9c

A very old picture that I took back in 2016 where I still run the game at 10 FPS back in the day XD

I agree, they should bring it back at least for this event.

While they're at it, before they discontinue the ARP event, they should also add

image.png.6806ec58c43392ed28700a0da680d3ff.png

Hyuuga

ectRmk3.gif.28076d4b009ba9cd2b30619fc2d5a7ba.gif

 

and Maya!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,527
[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles

Lol with all the weapons their surface ships and subs carried who needs aircraft in the Fleet of Fog? Far more fun to be able to deploy those Klein fields against incoming fire and then fire back with any number of their various energy weapons, torpedoes, missiles and perhaps rockets. :Smile_veryhappy:

And honestly with any sort of a realistic sense of physics ARP aircraft would have been far more limited in capabilities than their warships and subs due to how much energy some of their systems must use, and the power sources behind them would likely need to be nuclear reactor sized. Although they likely are using Fusion reactors if not something beyond even fusion reactors.

And Fleet of the Fog tech is one of the reasons I could possibly see BBs being built again in the real world if advanced tech similar to the Fog tech were to be invented as it would draw so much power that it would require prerequisite sized craft to carry it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×