You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
FCA_Wichita

ARP Takao Red Camo

17 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles

Can we have that sold separately or in game for Doubloons if we already have the ship?  Or is there any other plans to get it for those who already have the ship?

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,563 battles

That would be awesome.  I was expecting either: A) Camo sold separately in the shop/armory; B) Camo sold for dubloons via camo tab; C) (The one I was seriously expecting) Camo obtained via a mission.

They kinda missed an opportunity with a mission:  In order to obtain Takao's Fog Camo, you need to complete this mission with Takao!

:Smile_veryhappy:

@Femennenly  @Hapa_Fodder

Could we possibly get some information on this please?

• Cool 2

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,345 battles

yes as of now it's quite distressing knowing that the only way to get this unique camouflage is to buy a full price premium bundle of a ship I already have two clones of.
image.png.2cfb3f6b830d8dda450aba361d434b47.png
I am very surprised that something like this is not available for previous owners of ARP Takao

[HINON]
Members
13,833 posts

I would imagine it will come to the exterior tab for doubloons in the future after they get the players afflicted by must have it nowitis first.

[KIA-C]
Members
2,317 posts
14,855 battles
48 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

I would imagine it will come to the exterior tab for doubloons in the future after they get the players afflicted by must have it nowitis first.

Fair.  I hope you're right and it's not too expensive doubloonwise.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

The camo may be available by other means at some point, it didn't say "exclusively in the bundle". 

I do find it funny there is a $240 bundle of free clone ships lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,325 posts
10,458 battles
15 minutes ago, FCA_Wichita said:

@LittleWhiteMouse  any word on this?

Thank you for the reminder. 

In answer to my question: "Are there any plans for players with ARP Takao (blue) to be able to buy the red camouflage separately?  I am getting asked this repeatedly by my readers and other players."

Umbaretz from Wargaming said "Right now - no."

• Cool 1

[KOOKS]
Beta Testers
2,272 posts
6,174 battles
13 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

In answer to my question: "Are there any plans for players with ARP Takao (blue) to be able to buy the red camouflage separately?  I am getting asked this repeatedly by my readers and other players."

Thanks.  To WG.  I have to watch my budget enough that I cannot justify buying a tier 8 premium ship just for a camo..  but I am will buy the camo itself in a heartbeat..  wink wink

[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
808 posts
15,244 battles
19 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Thanks Mouse. It shouldn't surprise me but it did at this point i think i'd trust EA more then WG 

[WPORT]
Members
7,183 posts
12,195 battles
On 1/31/2020 at 3:18 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The camo may be available by other means at some point, it didn't say "exclusively in the bundle". 

I do find it funny there is a $240 bundle of free clone ships lol

ARP  Takao (recently purchased as part of the bundle) offers both red and blue camo in the ship exterior menu.

The bundle includes more than ships.  There are the anime character voices (which took money, time & effort to record), there are multiple 10-point Commanders, there are bonuses to XP earnings, and personal missions.
And, for those of us who missed out on the first ARP event (years ago), this was a chance to "catch up".  :-)

Arpeggio of Blue Steel bundle - Fleet of Fog_purchased_01-31-2020_.jpg

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
3,817 battles
8 hours ago, FCA_Wichita said:

Thanks.  To WG.  I have to watch my budget enough that I cannot justify buying a tier 8 premium ship just for a camo..  but I am will buy the camo itself in a heartbeat..  wink wink

i'd also buy a standalone camo for a reasonable price (i.e. same as Atago's extra camo).
OTOH, this took me about an hour of work, starting with zero modding experience.

kcs0u7K.jpg

still missing a few details, and i had to use Black Atago's turrets because Red Takao uses the wrong model, but it's getting there.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
13 hours ago, muroph said:

i'd also buy a standalone camo for a reasonable price (i.e. same as Atago's extra camo).
OTOH, this took me about an hour of work, starting with zero modding experience.

kcs0u7K.jpg

still missing a few details, and i had to use Black Atago's turrets because Red Takao uses the wrong model, but it's getting there.

I am pretty sure there is already an existing camo mod for Red Takao, but your point is well taken.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
266 posts
3,817 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am pretty sure there is already an existing camo mod for Red Takao, but your point is well taken.

I looked for one before playing with the textures, but all I could find were skins to turn Atago into Red Takao, usually changing the model to an even more sci-fi look.

I think WG's more tame version actually looks better than those mods, just not "tier 8 bundle price tag" better.

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,787 battles

if you get the ship then you should get compensation but get the port slot and camo which should  be able to go onto the one you have. at least that seems like the logical way to go but this is WOW and the MPVs might not like the idea.