You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Interesting bugs I have noted.

11 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,448 posts
16,309 battles

1) My guns seem to lock onto something completely different from where I want to aim, and no matter what key I press, I cannot get them to aim at the enemy. I have had this happen more than once.

2) My torpedoes refuse to rotate, and I can't get them to coincide with the indicator to get a shot off. I had that happen once last night, and it cost me a kill and subsequently my ship.

3) Uncommanded discharges. The guns just fire without me doing anything. So far I've been lucky that this has NOT resulted in team damage.

In all cases, the problem persists until the end of the battle or I am sunk, and then is gone at the start of the next battle. 

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
17 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

1) My guns seem to lock onto something completely different from where I want to aim, and no matter what key I press, I cannot get them to aim at the enemy. I have had this happen more than once.

2) My torpedoes refuse to rotate, and I can't get them to coincide with the indicator to get a shot off. I had that happen once last night, and it cost me a kill and subsequently my ship.

3) Uncommanded discharges. The guns just fire without me doing anything. So far I've been lucky that this has NOT resulted in team damage.

In all cases, the problem persists until the end of the battle or I am sunk, and then is gone at the start of the next battle. 

2/3 sound like the batteries in your mouse are going/needs an internal cleaning. 1 Happens from time to time, that's why you always check to see if they are rotating the way you intended or not.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,448 posts
16,309 battles
4 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

2/3 sound like the batteries in your mouse are going/needs an internal cleaning. 1 Happens from time to time, that's why you always check to see if they are rotating the way you intended or not.

The mouse is a Logitech trackball type (ball under thumb, buttons for index finger) which plugs into the USB port on the laptop. I can rule out the battery issue right away. Internal cleaning? That just recently got done, and holding down the LMB while driving Dakka-boats actually works now. 

1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

are you hitting Control X by accident maybe?

A possibility I considered. But why, in that case, does hitting X again not fix the problem? (And even then you should be able to go into binocular mode -  which is something else that gets borked when this happens). I will keep an eye on that, though.

Members
707 posts

I had #3 happen recently. Very disconcerting. I was watching the ping monitor and I had a bad lag spike right about then so I think it was just a delayed mouse press catching up.

[WOLFC]
Members
521 posts
7,844 battles

I would try a different mouse/trackball. While I still use Logitech mice (I prefer the feel) I've had a couple where the internal microswitch for the button flaked out or the cable went bad. Starts with random double clicks/no click, and eventually you'll be hammering away at it to no avail. For the bad cable, it was due to the boneheaded internal routing which pinched the cable as it entered the housing. I'd try mapping the LMB/RMB to different buttons, that was my work around for a while.

If you know anyone electronically inclined, it's possible to replace the internal switches and/or cable. May be more trouble than it's worth, but some people like soldering projects.

[REVY]
Members
2,579 posts
13,880 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

#1  I saw a post where someone was trying to lock onto Ship A, but it would select Ship B which was also in the area. But from what I am reading that isn't your issue.

#2  I agree with @Old_Baldy_One it could be a ctrl X issue. Both the guns and Torps can be locked independently of each other and need to be unlocked separately as well. Maybe you locked the torps in error.

#3 This could be anything from lag to a mouse issue. You said it had been cleaned recently, did that cleaning include the contact points for the left and right buttons?

[RBMKI]
Members
371 posts
6,248 battles

Are you accidentally using your monitor screen during battles as your mouse pad, lol? 

JK, I couldn't resist the bad humor.... :Smile_trollface:

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
16,238 battles

Disable your laptop touchpad if you have that option or if you cannot, place a towel over it. That could be what's causing these problems.  

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,448 posts
16,309 battles
2 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

I would try a different mouse/trackball. While I still use Logitech mice (I prefer the feel) I've had a couple where the internal microswitch for the button flaked out or the cable went bad. Starts with random double clicks/no click, and eventually you'll be hammering away at it to no avail. For the bad cable, it was due to the boneheaded internal routing which pinched the cable as it entered the housing. I'd try mapping the LMB/RMB to different buttons, that was my work around for a while.

If you know anyone electronically inclined, it's possible to replace the internal switches and/or cable. May be more trouble than it's worth, but some people like soldering projects.

I am considering another, fresh iteration of the same mouse - she's served valiantly for many years - but I can't justify it quite yet.