Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

Seriously how hard would it have been?

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles

To provide players who already have ARP Takao in their ports access to the new red alternative camouflage for doubloons (even at a markup) via the exterior camouflage screen.
I guess my only option is to whale over $50 on a ship bundle that I already have 2 other clones of to get a camo worth 5k doubloons at the absolute worse-case .

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,488
[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,711 posts
24,985 battles

Yes, I'm actually surprised this didn't happen.  I expected seeing it for Doubloon purchase.  Probably will happen, albeit later (if at all).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,020
[HINON]
Members
13,814 posts
11 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Yes, I'm actually surprised this didn't happen.  I expected seeing it for Doubloon purchase.  Probably will happen, albeit later (if at all).

That's my prediction, they'll eventually add it to the exterior tab in the future for doubloons once they get those who have buy it nowitis.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,657
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
17 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

To provide players who already have ARP Takao in their ports access to the new red alternative camouflage for doubloons (even at a markup) via the exterior camouflage screen.
I guess my only option is to whale over $50 on a ship bundle that I already have 2 other clones of to get a camo worth 5k doubloons at the absolute worse-case .

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

I get your issue.  But presenting this as a suggestion (and tagging appropriate WG staff) rather than a rant would likely have been a better approach.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,039
[ARGSY]
Members
22,222 posts
16,189 battles
17 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

To provide players who already have ARP Takao in their ports access to the new red alternative camouflage for doubloons (even at a markup) via the exterior camouflage screen.
I guess my only option is to whale over $50 on a ship bundle that I already have 2 other clones of to get a camo worth 5k doubloons at the absolute worse-case .

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

You're getting your knickers in a knot over aesthetics?

Maybe your other option is to decide you don't really need to spend money to buy something which does exactly the same as the camo which already comes with the ship.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're getting your knickers in a knot over aesthetics?

Yes I am. Aesthetics and customizations are incredibly lucrative for gaming companies to monetize. Entire free to play games are funded off of them alone so yes people like to pay for aesthetics and when a company is just going for a mindless cash grab insisting people pay for full-price premiums to get a unique camouflage then yes it is understandable that people would get upset.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts

Why do we need another permanent camo for a ship that already has one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
9 minutes ago, jmanII said:

Why do we need another permanent camo for a ship that already has one?

please tell me you aren't ignorant of people who like to collect things or people who enjoy aesthetics and customizations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
2 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

please tell me you aren't ignorant of people who like to collect things or people who enjoy aesthetics and customizations

I just dont understand why you need a second PERMANENT camo. 

Its in the word - permanent.

If you feel that compulsive urge to have anything and everything, you may just need therapy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,801
[PVE]
Members
4,780 posts
21,093 battles
28 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're getting your knickers in a knot over aesthetics?

Maybe your other option is to decide you don't really need to spend money to buy something which does exactly the same as the camo which already comes with the ship.

Good luck with your aesthetics argument !   Those whom collect "buy everything" offered !!!  No questions.  No hesitation.  No remorse because their goal in game is to own "everything"......  I have a friend in another game that buys, now get this, three sets of "anything" offered for sale, because he has three separate accounts AND, a set of each of his children that play.........

He was in this game a year and a half ago and he had every possible ship, flag, camo and anything remotely offered during that period in his port and hasn't played since......

This is for our Host, just another sales campaign to make immediate and guaranteed profit from collectors.......  Can't you hear the song in the background>?   Money, Money, Money.........Mon-ey !  Cha-ching !!!!! 

Here we go again.  Same game, different tune.  You are right though.............even though you are speaking to people whom can't hear you...  Talk about obsessions and compulsions......geesh.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14,039
[ARGSY]
Members
22,222 posts
16,189 battles
3 minutes ago, jmanII said:

I just dont understand why you need a second PERMANENT camo. 

In some cases it's justifiable, e.g. the "National" camos for the Warspite, Shinonome and Graf Spee, or the Kobayashi camo for the Roma, because they offer VERY significant bonuses over the standard for those ships.

In other cases it's not, and the only reason I have the 303 Squadron camo for the Blyskawica (for example) is because I was able to win it for free in-game. I would never have paid for it.

4 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Can't you hear the song in the background>?  

I can hear the song in the background for sure. I can also hear the mingled cries of the we-must-buy-everything crowd competing with those of the "WG is filth and every kopeck they make is blood money wrung from the veins of the damaged" extremists. Sometimes I wish they could be given their own little corner of the forum to have it out with each other, with whatever insults they chose to bring to the party. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

In some cases it's justifiable, e.g. the "National" camos for the Warspite, Shinonome and Graf Spee, or the Kobayashi camo for the Roma, because they offer VERY significant bonuses over the standard for those ships.

In other cases it's not, and the only reason I have the 303 Squadron camo for the Blyskawica (for example) is because I was able to win it for free in-game. I would never have paid for it.

I get if they have better bonuses....but these are just a different color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
16 minutes ago, jmanII said:

If you feel that compulsive urge to have anything and everything, you may just need therapy.

Or maybe, imagine this. I am a fan of the content being featured. And am upset that WG is using their trademark sales tactics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

To provide players who already have ARP Takao in their ports access to the new red alternative camouflage for doubloons (even at a markup) via the exterior camouflage screen.
I guess my only option is to whale over $50 on a ship bundle that I already have 2 other clones of to get a camo worth 5k doubloons at the absolute worse-case .

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

You over react to an over sight.  Maybe just go to feed back and make the suggestion and bring this up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,074
[WOLFG]
Members
31,234 posts
9,589 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

No, just for longtime collectors.

I'm a longtime player, and I don't see any problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
183
[VVV]
[VVV]
Members
808 posts
15,235 battles
1 hour ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

To provide players who already have ARP Takao in their ports access to the new red alternative camouflage for doubloons (even at a markup) via the exterior camouflage screen.
I guess my only option is to whale over $50 on a ship bundle that I already have 2 other clones of to get a camo worth 5k doubloons at the absolute worse-case .

This is just sad Wargaming and shows a complete lack of consideration for longtime players.

It's warfailing they don't think before they do stupid crap 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
582
[RTXN]
Banned
1,416 posts
5 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

Or maybe, imagine this. I am a fan of the content being featured. And am upset that WG is using their trademark sales tactics. 

But that is not what you said earlier:

29 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

please tell me you aren't ignorant of people who like to collect things or people who enjoy aesthetics and customizations

If you have that urge to collect things - seek help.

If you like asthetics that much, quit whining and buy it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
27 minutes ago, LadyAnesjka said:

You over react to an over sight.  Maybe just go to feed back and make the suggestion and bring this up.

You seriously believe WG doesn't know full well they are forcing previous participants in ARP content to pay for a full price premium to get a unique camouflage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
997
[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,871 posts
7,646 battles
8 minutes ago, jmanII said:

I get if they have better bonuses....but these are just a different color.

 

There have been requests by players for 'historically accurate' camos on ships that had permanent camos in the past.  Some people simply like to have the option for a camo they feel is more appropriate and are willing to spend a certain amount if it is offered.  As the ship in question appeared in both Red and Blue patterns at different parts of the series, it's not without basis to offer both for those who prefer one or the other for accuracy's sake or just personal preference.  Certainly it would not be the first time WG has offered multiple permanent camo for a ship.

Edited by Jakob_Knight
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,674 posts
13,382 battles
1 minute ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

You seriously believe WG doesn't know full well they are forcing previous participants in ARP content to pay for a full price premium to get a unique camouflage?

Da

I serious think is just an over sight and maybe you should remind them in feed back part of forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
8 minutes ago, Jakob_Knight said:

There have been requests by players for 'historically accurate' camos on ships that had permanent camos in the past.  Some people simply like to have the option for a camo they feel is more appropriate and are willing to spend a certain amount if it is offered.  As the ship in question appeared in both Red and Blue patterns at different parts of the series, it's not without basis to offer both for those who prefer one or the other for accuracy's sake or just personal preference.  Certainly it would not be the first time WG has offered multiple permanent camo for a ship.

finally someone who understands and isn't just immediately dismissive because "EW ANIME"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
354
[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,343 battles
13 minutes ago, jmanII said:

If you have that urge to collect things - seek help.

If you like asthetics that much, quit whining and buy it.

Why is it impossible in your eyes to both enjoy aesthetics and collection and also not want to be swindled by WG?
Do tell me why this is such a hard concept to grasp for you? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257
[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles
1 hour ago, jmanII said:

I just dont understand why you need a second PERMANENT camo. 

Some of the permanent camos that you could win are so ugly that you need a different one.

shot-20_01.31_10_55.58-0270.thumb.jpg.ee4711f598f1024526cf81ae132960a4.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
90 posts
8,283 battles

cant believe people are still defending WG dirt marketing tactics, it seems the slippery slope worked pretty well for them

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×