You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Clicking the battle start is not a timer for you to see how fast you can run into the kitchen and make a sandwich

70 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,118 battles

I mean pour a drink maybe!? So many AFker at start lol. Yea I know some of its lag but I bet we got those sandwich guys too.

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Cool 10
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 3

[4HIM]
Members
3,243 posts
14,309 battles

Many times, first battle of the day I'm slow to start.  Using a wireless keyboard sometimes I forget to turn it on.

But yeah, seen a lot of players take 2 minutes or more to move.  About a week ago saw a DD sit still for over 3 minutes.  I could see its turrets moving.  Wonder if it just sat there waiting for torp load.

Edited by ZARDOZ_II
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
10 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I mean pour a drink maybe!? So many AFker at start lol. Yea I know some of its lag but I bet we got those sandwich guys too.

Most I will do is head across the room to grab a snack or drink while in battle que with a sharp eye or ear out for the que to change and go into battle loading. And that’s only if I am doing serious grinding where I need to pack in as many battles as possible. Anything longer than a few seconds to get up and take care of will result in a delay to hitting enter battle.

What is crazy is the guys that say hang on have to go use the restroom. I am always thinking “SERIOUSLY EITHER HOLD IT OR GO BEFORE YOU HIT BATTLE!!!”, but I typically am far to polite to actually voice that in chat when somebody pulls that stunt. But really if you hit battle you have essentially made a commitment to your team and to your opponents even that you are going to play well and help create a good game win or lose. Although there are unforeseen circumstances that arise such as family member or friend starts choking or other emergency situations where it’s totally understandable that you absolutely should step away to take care of things.

And thankfully WG has been a lot better at keeping the game and servers more stable in WOWs which has helped. I can remember instability spikes that would do crazy things such as disconnecting my team’s entire BB or DD line up of 3-4+ ships. And you can’t tell me that was not WG as they were not in Divs, several players involved, and specific ship classes. But it has turned out alright as now we are just left with actual AFK people, an occasional disconnection on the end of the player, or now more rarely a bug on WG’s end.

[B-Z]
Members
199 posts
23,234 battles
22 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

.... About a week ago saw a DD sit still for over 3 minutes.  I could see its turrets moving.  Wonder if it just sat there waiting for torp load.

This is sometimes the best thing to do in CV matches. Especially when there 2 or more. Getting taken out by the CV because you couldn't wait for allied air cover isn't a wise move.

Members
1,466 posts
7,125 battles

The one I always see is "I had to go to the bathroom". Well either do not que or get out of que and go. 

[RKLES]
Members
12,592 posts
14,320 battles
19 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Many times, first battle of the day I'm slow to start.  Using a wireless keyboard sometimes I forget to turn it on.

But yeah, seen a lot of players take 2 minutes or more to move.  About a week ago saw a DD sit still for over 3 minutes.  I could see its turrets moving.  Wonder if it just sat there waiting for torp load.

Check to see if your Wireless keyboard sleeps or not. Because my Mouse is wireless and the batteries last a very long time because it will power down on it’s own to conserve power until I touch it then it will stay active until it senses another period of inactivity in which case it goes bad to it’s low power sleep which is almost as good as being turned off.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,109 posts
11,811 battles
50 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

The worst is when you order food to go and they tell you 45 minutes . So you try to sneak in 2 games and they come in 30 mins and the door bell is ringing and your in the middle of a battle that’s panic time . Who do you piss off your teammates or the guy who has your dinner in is hands . 

[WOLFC]
Members
2,170 posts
10,913 battles
30 minutes ago, USMC2145 said:

The one I always see is "I had to go to the bathroom". Well either do not que or get out of que and go. 

Aaaa...but you see son 

(insert long description of bathroom variables of people over 45 here)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WMD]
Members
1,779 posts
10,120 battles
14 minutes ago, clammboy said:

The worst is when you order food to go and they tell you 45 minutes . So you try to sneak in 2 games and they come in 30 mins and the door bell is ringing and your in the middle of a battle that’s panic time . Who do you piss off your teammates or the guy who has your dinner in is hands . 

Dinner always wins. 

I won't make a guy trying to earn money wait for me because I'm playing a game. 

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,109 posts
11,811 battles
4 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Dinner always wins. 

I won't make a guy trying to earn money wait for me because I'm playing a game. 

I agree most of the time nobody in the game even knows you were gone . 

• Funny 2

Beta Testers
3,750 posts
14,473 battles

Clicking the battle start is not a timer for you to see how fast you can run into the kitchen and make a sandwich

I accept this challenge and raise you some bacon

• Funny 1

[PROJX]
Beta Testers
788 posts
4,952 battles
49 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I hope you tipped the guy for being so early

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,109 posts
11,811 battles
53 minutes ago, PotatoMD said:

I hope you tipped the guy for being so early

I always tip good been in the restaurant business for 50 years since I was 13 .

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles

While some players may be AFK for food or drink, consider this, it may the player's hardware.

Allow me to explain. Before I built my gaming rig, I had to play on an older laptop. Even with the reduced graphics mod from the Modstation, my battle load times sucked. Rare was the day that I loaded in when the match started, mostly on the smaller maps. Playing with higher tier ships on larger maps, my load in times could be nearly 2 minutes AFTER the battle started. Typical for me was 45 seconds to a minute.

I am happy that this game doesn't require a high power gaming rig in order to play, but that come with some challenges in and of itself.

[PMWC1]
Beta Testers
43 posts
10,611 battles

This is what auto pilot is for.simply plot your course, plop. Then back to battle-none the wiser.

[DPS]
Members
55 posts
3,207 battles

Yes it is.  Or going to the can.  Or rolling a fatty (legal here).  On occasion I’ve even tried to convince the wife to agree to maritals.

• Funny 2

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,579 posts
4,223 battles

Sometimes I run for quick leak, or to grab a drink, but that's about it. I will admit to sometimes trying to cook and fight at the same time. Usually just have something cooking that needs a stir or something added now and then, but it does mean getting up for 30sec at a time to do it. Usually not noticeable.

My philosophy is once that game loads, you have 11 other people who expect you to pay attention for the next 15 minutes, so I try to stick to that. Real life emergencies aside, you know what you're getting into when you hit BATTLE.

• Cool 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,632 posts
10,682 battles

Computer hardware is usually the main culprit for slow load times.  Even players that think they have an "adequate" computer can have issues.  Getting lots of ram and a fast SSD can do wonders.  Its even better if there is a fast CPU under the hood.  The video card, although necessary for providing a better gaming experience, isn't so critical for load times.

[WOLFG]
Members
11,158 posts
10,394 battles
49 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Cats are a more often distraction then the bathroom, to be honest.

And children more than cats.

And spouses more than children.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
1,268 posts
9,896 battles

Funny. When I press the To Battle button the game decides that it’s a good time to crash.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,356 posts
16,264 battles
3 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

What is crazy is the guys that say hang on have to go use the restroom.

Some of the people who play this game are old enough that their bladders are getting nervous & twitchy, either in themselves or because of an enlarged and dysfunctional prostate gland.

You wouldn't think of it, but that's mostly because the streamers who show their faces the most tend to be men in their prime or very early middle age.