You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Fletcher/Gearing torps unlock

24 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
419 posts

Do the MK16 mod1s  unlock automatically on the Fletcher if I get the Gearing?  I've got enough XP to get the Mk16 mod 1 (10.5km) torps for the Fletcher but we need a DD for CB's & I'm not enjoying the rental Grozovoi's detection range without being able to use camo.  Just looking to save some FXP if possible. 

If it doesn't unlock, I might just bite the bullet & get a Somers rather than the Stalingrad 2nd option, or 3rd option, I  could always get a Daring, but I like the USN DD's so much better as a whole.  Thoughts or opinions?

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,761 battles
22 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

Do the MK16 mod1s  unlock automatically on the Fletcher if I get the Gearing?  I've got enough XP to get the Mk16 mod 1 (10.5km) torps for the Fletcher but we need a DD for CB's & I'm not enjoying the rental Grozovoi's detection range without being able to use camo.  Just looking to save some FXP if possible. 

If it doesn't unlock, I might just bite the bullet & get a Somers rather than the Stalingrad 2nd option, or 3rd option, I  could always get a Daring, but I like the USN DD's so much better as a whole.  Thoughts or opinions?

You have to research everything on the Fletcher before you can research and buy the Gearing.

• Confused 2

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,569 battles
10 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

You have to research everything on the Fletcher before you can research and buy the Gearing.

Negative ghost rider.  As with all ships you need only research and purchase the hull.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
41 posts
17,968 battles

It does not unlock once you get the Gearing. If you can, depending on how far you have left to get Gearing, try to grind out enough XP for the upgraded torps on Fletcher. They are a massive upgrade in effectiveness and will likely make the grind a bit easier :D

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles

Oh yeah, research and upgrade those torpedos. They hit harder, go faster, travel farther, and reload faster too. Well worth it to upgrade.

Coupled with the right captain skills and slot 6 module, you can get the reload down to 81 seconds. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,857 posts
17,480 battles

I did that for awhile but swapped back to the Mark 17's with Torpedo Tubes Mod 3, Torpedo Acceleration, and Torpedo Armament Expertise. Reason for that was the radar land that the Gearing operates in and the rise of the HE spamming cruisers.

• Cool 1

Members
191 posts
18,937 battles

Daring will eat any US DD alive... it's a far better ship than any US DD... even the IJN's are better imo.

I wouldn't waste a nickle on any US DD'S.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,373 posts
22,212 battles
2 hours ago, Torque64 said:

Daring will eat any US DD alive... it's a far better ship than any US DD... even the IJN's are better imo.

My legendary Gearing hasn't lost a fight to a Daring yet....

Rpf, plus 5.4 det means I spot and torp him.....

Why would I even try to out gun a Daring?

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,710 battles
4 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

If you get the Somers instead of the Stalingrad, you deserve nothing good in life.

The Stalingrad is the ship of ships. It has all the awesomeness. Get it, and be that guy.

I have bad Stalingrad envy.

• Cool 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,761 battles
6 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

Negative ghost rider.  As with all ships you need only research and purchase the hull.

Wrong. You cannot research a ship until you have researched the previous ship and all its upgrades. Thanks for playing.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,857 posts
17,480 battles
4 hours ago, Torque64 said:

USN DD' shine better in a div or cb. Smoke that lasts forever, good AA, Jack of all trades master of none.

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[GGWP]
Members
7,218 posts
16,776 battles
2 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Wrong. You cannot research a ship until you have researched the previous ship and all its upgrades. Thanks for playing.

Nope, you can skip gun upgrades, range upgrades, torpedo upgrades. Can't believe you don't realize this after 20k battles. Wow... 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[CDOH]
Members
650 posts
7,687 battles

I like gearing torps and torpedo acceleration.  those extra kms really keep you out of radar range and you get screaming fast torps!

Edited by Rothgar_57

[SALVO]
Members
688 posts
15,119 battles
8 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Oh yeah, research and upgrade those torpedos. They hit harder, go faster, travel farther, and reload faster too. Well worth it to upgrade.

Coupled with the right captain skills and slot 6 module, you can get the reload down to 81 seconds. 

Nope.  The mod 16 have 10.5 km range, mod 17 that are the original gearing torps are 16.5km.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles
14 minutes ago, brdhntr said:

Nope.  The mod 16 have 10.5 km range, mod 17 that are the original gearing torps are 16.5km.

I was referring to the Fletcher torpedos there, didn't mean to confuse any thing.

The Mk 16's are the upgrade torpedo for Fletcher, and the stock torpedo for Gearing.

The Mk 17 is the upgraded torpedo for Gearing, but forces a decision for the player. Do you use the harder hitting but shorter ranged Mk 16, or the longer range Mk 17 that doesn't hit as hard (1,433 HP less).

• Cool 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,495 battles
10 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Unlike WoT, the torps dont unlock when getting the Gearing, this is true of tech tree ships in general.

If you need the Gearing, get it first and worry about torps later.

The platform is what your clan needs, the torps are just a small part of the platform.

[SIMP]
Members
1,376 posts
11,495 battles
3 hours ago, Vaffu said:

This is demonstratively false.

Just look at the tech tree, you are free ignore unlocks that do not lead to the next ship, which is typically tied to the hull upgrades.

It is most likely not the best decision, but it can be done.

His clan needs a DD for CB.

[HINON]
Members
2,304 posts
22,569 battles

On 1/31/2020 at 3:45 AM, Vaffu said:

Wrong Wrong

But, to put this to bed see proof.  You will see that I never researched the 8" gun module but have progressed through the hulls without it.  Next time take the hint and research before contradiction :D

Oh, and thanks for playing :D

image.png.6e3b075172a9df811748ba80b3f99111.png

[GGWP]
Members
7,218 posts
16,776 battles
On 1/31/2020 at 12:31 AM, Torque64 said:

Shame. Some of them are the most OP ships in the game. 

All 3 of my t7 USN dds have higher average damage than your daring. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
On 1/31/2020 at 5:45 AM, Vaffu said:

Yeah... I think you're wrong there vaffu.  I never touched the 419s on the Lion, and I researched the Conqueror.  

I guess, thank you for playing?

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
39 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

Wrong Wrong

But, to put this to bed see proof.  You will see that I never researched the 8" gun module but have progressed through the hulls without it.  Next time take the hint and research before contradiction :D

Oh, and thanks for playing :D

image.png.6e3b075172a9df811748ba80b3f99111.png

HAHA!

Just think of all the money he has wasted in almost 20k battles not knowing you could skip some of the upgrades... BAHAHHAHAHAHA!

Members
191 posts
18,937 battles
9 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

All 3 of my t7 USN dds have higher average damage than your daring. 

And what exactly does that have to do with the price of eggs in Zimbabwe?

How does your gearing fair... yeah thought so.

I wasn't going to reply back because for these guys it's a hometown national pride thingy but your post was just too hilarious.

Ok then lets put it to the test shall we... maybe i'm wrong...  PM me the details.