You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CylonRed

Somehow I found Coop players as bad as random

47 comments in this topic

Members
5,508 posts
10,669 battles

I don't play Coop often but I played a bit to deal with snowflakes till I got to tier 5 I think when I found too many players had no idea how to play and stopped.  The last 2 weeks teams have been really bad in Randoms (far worse than I have had in the past 2 years),  Players watching the other team take all 3 caps and one - when I said to move into the cap because we had an overwhelming force and I was told - "There is a Cleveland there".  And then I said "You have 3 BBs - delete him" - we lost of course.

Sp yesterday I went into the high tier Coop just to see what it was like to win - Coop has always been - especailly the higher tiers - easy button win.  Till yesterday when I lost 2 high tier coop games - one when half the team was taken out in the first 5 minutes.  Could not believe it.  Players with 120 base XP....  

Not saying all players were but by god - losing a high tier Coop game is  unbelievable.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 6

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,265 posts
22,167 battles

You went in thinking it was "easy button win" and that right there is why you lost 

• Cool 8
  • Confused 2

[FEM]
Members
2,103 posts
17,350 battles
1 minute ago, Triela50 said:

You went in thinking it was "easy button win" and that right there is why you lost 

It is though.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 5

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,265 posts
22,167 battles
2 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

It is though.

No it's not. The bots are not as stupid as they use to be. In fact they may be smarter then most of the player base

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[KAPPA]
Members
1,375 posts
7,946 battles

Hubris is a thing, and it is the number one cause of co-op team collapses. Seen more than my share of derps just in from randoms thinking 'co-op is easy mode' that didn't have a dang clue what to do in a close action brawl and paid for it dearly. I personally specialize in brawling, even in ships that are not meant for it, but even so, I tend to try and be cautious with my actions. There is such a thing as tempered aggression and it is a skill I had to learn the hard way (back when I still played randoms when randoms were still fun for me). Don't assume the bots are incapable of winning, they may not use tactics and they may not have a plan, but sometimes all it takes is the ability to accurately put shells on target and the high tier bots can do that very well.

• Cool 5

[FEM]
Members
2,103 posts
17,350 battles
1 minute ago, Triela50 said:

No it's not. The bots are not as stupid as they use to be. In fact they may be smarter then most of the player base

They're still about as dangerous to anyone paying half attention as a grasshopper

• Cool 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 6

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

Bots don't miss, Bots ALWAYS cause fires, BOTS can turn a BB like a DD, BOTS always know where you are. They do some stupid things on occasion, but they can focus fire the idiots down to cinders in under a minute. If you go broadside, even at range, you will pay for it. In short, BOTS are dumb, but unforgiving.

• Cool 6

[WOLFG]
Members
1,000 posts

I view CoOP and Randoms as almost different games.  Try carrying a team of five bots when your human players yoloed themselves to death in the first minute and a half.  It happens more than you think.  You only need to get focused once and you can pretty much say goodbye.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,160 posts
10,886 battles
20 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

They're still about as dangerous to anyone paying half attention as a grasshopper

This here is false.

Bots are dangerous if you 

• Yolo
  • Forget they know where you are and when your torps fire
  • focus on caps (bots don't care about caps)
  • sit back behind islands and wait

Random tactics don't work in coop and the sooner people going in there realise that, the more credits/Xp etc. they will get.

Edited by Anonymous50
  • Cool 3
  • Confused 1

[VOP]
Members
884 posts
11 minutes ago, KnifeInUrNeck said:

Isn’t that where the players who are leaning should be? In co-op? Better there than randoms.

Randos go to coop to do directives that they have no hope of doing in random.  Was in a game where the flanks collapsed and a full div of randos hid in the spawn the whole game.  We lost because the bots capped 3 points.

• Cool 1

Members
5,508 posts
10,669 battles
46 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

Except it should be and really no excuse for high tier players to lose in Coops.  It is the main reason I refused to play Coop - it is just too easy till you get to lower tiers where people are still trying to figure out how to play.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[GWG]
Members
7,284 posts
14,089 battles

And there is something else bots can do.

They can bow tank on one side, while clobbering another ship half the map away with the rear guns.

I've lost track of how many times I've been single-shot deleted by some far-away bot who was in a fire-fight with someone else -- two caps away.

• Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts
7 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Except it should be and really no excuse for high tier players to lose in Coops.  It is the main reason I refused to play Coop - it is just too easy till you get to lower tiers where people are still trying to figure out how to play.

If it is an easy win button, you should have won.  No?

• Cool 4

[GWG]
Members
7,284 posts
14,089 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

If it is an easy win button, you should have won.  No?

There are some 'missions' going on...

Maybe they were after secondary hits or potential damage.

Some things don't require a win - you know.

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts
1 minute ago, AVR_Project said:

Oh I agree.  OP is just saying COOP is easy, not effort required to win, but the team lost to the bots.  OP was part of that losing team.

Throwing stones in glass houses and all that.

• Cool 4

[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,265 posts
22,167 battles
1 minute ago, CylonRed said:

and yet they keep loosing over and over again. Why because they think it will be a cake walk just go in and shoot a few bots no problem. Until they find out bots know how to angle bots know how to focus fire bots know where you are and will chase you down. Bot auto dodge torps. You go in thinking it's going to be like randoms you are going to have a bad time

• Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[GWG]
Members
7,284 posts
14,089 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Oh I agree.  OP is just saying COOP is easy, not effort required to win, but the team lost to the bots.  OP was part of that losing team.

I recall one of those missions where I had to spot xx amount of torpedoes -- and the bots weren't cooperating (pun intended)..

Finally got an bot ARP Takao grounded and I pulled up and sat there waiting for the last 4 torpedoes I needed to complete that mission.

Come on…   Shoot!   Hello!!   I'm  right here...   launch those torps please....  Some 'friendly' got one hit from across the map and detonated it.

Members
3,883 posts
13,993 battles
2 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

and yet they keep loosing over and over again. Why because they think it will be a cake walk just go in and shoot a few bots no problem. Until they find out bots know how to angle bots know how to focus fire bots know where you are and will chase you down. Bot auto dodge torps. You go in thinking it's going to be like randoms you are going to have a bad time

I dont think anybody loses over and over again in coop. OP just happened to lose 2 games.

[WORX]
Members
11,927 posts
19,479 battles

Co-op is the learning center/the experimentation center/ the testing center for the game...

To say Co-op players are better or worse then random players.... That is distorted thinking...

The purpose of Co-op is not the same as any other match mode in the game...

IMO, you can't compare Co-Op with any other game mode... That is not possible... Both game modes serves two completely different purpose for the game...

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 4

Members
265 posts
3,524 battles

Bots don't lose well over 90% of the time because they're difficult of sophisticated. They rush forward, show broadside, and generally get nuked into oblivion incredibly fast.

Rushing forward with guns blazing works in co-op more often than not, and due to a lot of people doing just this, you often have to follow suit to get any action at all.

Co-op is the mode where you can actually make dumb, but potentially fun, meme builds like secondary spec Azuma actually work. 

This doesn't mean murdering bots isn't a good time, I exclusively played co-op for my first year playing WoWs, but let's not act like it's not easy. Sometimes things turn out badly, sure. I've lost my share of co-op matches. Things go badly in Randoms far more often than co-op.

On a side note, I've found it far easier to torp bots than players. Not sure what people are talking about when they say bots are difficult to hit because they supposedly know where your torps are at all times. My torp hit ratios are above 20% in co-op and are in the single digits in randoms.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,954 posts
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

Somehow I found Coop players as bad as random

We've all found them too, they're called "bots".

:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[A-D-F]
Members
1,290 posts
12,046 battles
55 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Farming co-op for objective other than simply winning isn't anything new. Unless you're relatively new to co-op.

55 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

As above; and I'm not the only one to have said this either but: Co-op is the most poorly-named game mode.

'Every ship that dies in a co-op match is to your advantage, be they green or red; you're just not supposed to shoot the green ones yourself..'