Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
slokill_1

Blue Master camos are too good

10 comments in this topic

Members
2,359 posts
32,866 battles

I've got modstation installed and tried the Blue Master camo's.  I removed them and went back to the regular camos.  They're just too darn effective in this game.  It can be more difficult to spot the red ships on many maps and lighting  conditions.  I think they're really great looking camos and are apparently historical, but they do

make you work a little harder to see the enemy. 

Now if my ship was rendered in the same way to the reds I would probably use it.  But the mod's effects are only seen by me so I don't benefit from the other ship's extra special stealthy look.  My ship still sticks out like a neon knight or well lit Christmas tree, etc.

Anyone else had that experience?

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,269 posts
17,691 battles

Mods within the Modstation are approved by WG to use and concluded do not provide unfair advantage to players, ultimately its up to you to decide whether you want to use them or not.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
521 posts
7,895 battles

Keep in mind too that mods only effect what you see on your client, not what other players or other teams see. So if you're running a mod that changes the camo to a historical pattern, the standard pattern will still be what other players see. Otherwise, everyone would have to be running the same set of mods, which would turn into a mess very, very quickly.

• Cool 2

Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
5 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

Keep in mind too that mods only effect what you see on your client, not what other players or other teams see. So if you're running a mod that changes the camo to a historical pattern, the standard pattern will still be what other players see. Otherwise, everyone would have to be running the same set of mods, which would turn into a mess very, very quickly.

Yes, and it's like the emperor has no clothes.

If your mod makes you look cool, just imagine what we see. A naked bote or worse.

I will never use a mod or any 3rd party even if WG approves them.

The main reason is it's another program opened and they are slow on updating.

If say a WG update changes the graphics,and the mod is not updated, then the game may have results you might find not satisfactory.

WG can't control 3rd party. They only see if they are legit and cosmetic.

Otherwise, it is up to the 3rd party to maintain quality and update along side WG.

I have found players had to remove the mod pack just so they don't lose a day on an event.

Timing is everything and keeping your game stock means you never have to wait for mod updates.

For many players, this is policy as some have low to mid-range end PCs.

I actually have a high end PC. But since I did invest in that equipment for the long term, I don't want to muck up my game client with something not WG.

I would rather buy the skins, camos, and such.

I don't care if Dasha herself endorses a mod pack, I am not going to ruin my game over something nobody else gets to see.

There are plenty of variety of camos out there. I like most of them.

The art is unique and I do get complimented for using one.

It's like putting on a nice pinstripe suit.

Or for the ladies, that little black dress.

I put on a camo that suits the ship.

Some ships look striking, pun intended, with certain camos.

I look forward to more of this art.

Just please make them permanent or affordable.

So players can take a leisurely stroll and wreck stuff in style.

A naked ship is well funny to me, so I see anyone not wearing a camo, I am going to jab at you for it.

Cover that junk!

Save it for someone special. 😎

This is the Way!

<O

• Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,748 posts
7,300 battles
5 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

I've got modstation installed and tried the Blue Master camo's.  I removed them and went back to the regular camos.  They're just too darn effective in this game.  It can be more difficult to spot the red ships on many maps and lighting  conditions.  I think they're really great looking camos and are apparently historical, but they do

Now if my ship was rendered in the same way to the reds I would probably use it.  But the mod's effects are only seen by me so I don't benefit from the other ship's extra special stealthy look.  My ship still sticks out like a neon knight or well lit Christmas tree, etc.

LOL.... Well I probably wouldn't choose to use a reverse -hack that gives my enemy an advantage..   Just my thoughts on it..  

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,199 posts
12,101 battles
11 hours ago, slokill_1 said:

Yes and no - I seem to have an issue that my Grandfather had - I see a reduced range of colours so I can't tell certain shades apart. I actually had to start installing mods to try and compensate for it. I haven't done any of the ship camo mods - but I use the fog remover in the pack (as they have it in their pack and increases the contrast a bit), custom shell tracer colours (what I really want especially on the ships with 'bionic' camo's is the tracers from space battles that I can actually see) and the brighten ribbons mod (as a few I couldn't tell off hand at a glance because of the colours). Shell splashes may be next because I still have issues as is telling my rounds from others (why I'm thankful when I have the unique commanders with the special tracers - and why I'm all for crazy ones like the old Italian ones - that can help me determine which ones are mine) but trying to see particularly AP hits with the mountainous splash's that even 5 inch guns seem to make at times - though again if my AP were the green colour of space battles AP vs white splashes I'd be able to see it.

Also why I like when players are using the brighter camo's or ones that at least have areas I can idea like say knowing a section of white is behind turret 2 so I know about where I'm landing - I can actually see a target to hit it at range. The other reason I prefer close range brawling - my issues with colours are less of an issue point blank. 

I know Wargaming has shot down dye bags (to save on poor potato run computers) but I do wish they would make that in game, no mods, you could set it that your shells/tracers displayed as x colour for yours, and your teams, unless you have captain tracers turned on, are y colour so you can differentiate... or at least so I better could. 

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
18 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Yes, and it's like the emperor has no clothes.

If your mod makes you look cool, just imagine what we see. A naked bote or worse.

I will never use a mod or any 3rd party even if WG approves them.

The main reason is it's another program opened and they are slow on updating.

If say a WG update changes the graphics,and the mod is not updated, then the game may have results you might find not satisfactory.

WG can't control 3rd party. They only see if they are legit and cosmetic.

Otherwise, it is up to the 3rd party to maintain quality and update along side WG.

I have found players had to remove the mod pack just so they don't lose a day on an event.

Timing is everything and keeping your game stock means you never have to wait for mod updates.

For many players, this is policy as some have low to mid-range end PCs.

I actually have a high end PC. But since I did invest in that equipment for the long term, I don't want to muck up my game client with something not WG.

I would rather buy the skins, camos, and such.

I don't care if Dasha herself endorses a mod pack, I am not going to ruin my game over something nobody else gets to see.

There are plenty of variety of camos out there. I like most of them.

The art is unique and I do get complimented for using one.

It's like putting on a nice pinstripe suit.

Or for the ladies, that little black dress.

I put on a camo that suits the ship.

Some ships look striking, pun intended, with certain camos.

I look forward to more of this art.

Just please make them permanent or affordable.

So players can take a leisurely stroll and wreck stuff in style.

A naked ship is well funny to me, so I see anyone not wearing a camo, I am going to jab at you for it.

Cover that junk!

Save it for someone special. 😎

This is the Way!

<O

The official modpack updates with each patch. Some particular mods within it take a few more days to update, within a week generally everything is up to date. You dont have to have anything else running when it’s done updating. There are some mods in there that are so useful it is a disadvantage to not run them: score timer, angle to target to name 2.

Members
3,669 posts
42,672 battles
17 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

The official modpack updates with each patch. Some particular mods within it take a few more days to update, within a week generally everything is up to date. You dont have to have anything else running when it’s done updating. There are some mods in there that are so useful it is a disadvantage to not run them: score timer, angle to target to name 2.

I did pass geometry and drafting in school. The isometric axis is a good visualization tool.

The timer seems interesting, but I have much more pressing matters.

Like caps, cits, detonations, deletions, fires,WASD, and sense of humor when it looks bad for my team.

Desalination is a tough task. And I don't get much appreciation.

A thankless job.

Like moms and school teachers.

If they can make a mod pack that tranquilizes the entire team.

Whoever makes it gets the Nobel prize.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,917 posts
25,163 battles

7XZb6gC.jpg

Props to USN Measure 22 Camo.

Missouri isn't the only one with it.

On 1/30/2020 at 9:29 AM, Nolo_00 said:

^^ Very much this.  I can install a mod that gives all my USN ships Measure 22 camo like Missouri above, but it will not help me ingame because opponents aren't affected by it.  They'll see what they normally see.

I can install mods to make Jean Bart look like this:

Spoiler

sTT3Qbu.jpg

And my Hakuryu to look like that:

Spoiler

XJgGi67.jpg

... But other players won't see that, they'll see what they normally see for Jean Bart and Hakuryu.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
On 1/30/2020 at 11:09 AM, slokill_1 said:

Keep in mind that any camos you use in Modstation are only seen by you on your client.  

No one else sees what you see, except perhaps people using the same exact mods.

Sign in to follow this